TV Buying Advice (85k budget) - Thanks

Maboroshrey

Hi, I am in the market for my second TV.

Two months into my first job (this was two years ago) I got my first TV, a Sanyo 49 inch full HD LED for around 24k.

Now I am looking for a 65 inch TV for a place with intermittent bright light and an 8.5 feet viewing distance.

I had initially finalised on the TCL C715, but I understand that it's edge lit. I am also intrigued by the upcoming Hisense U7QF.

I love watching movies in the dark, and might watch TV shows during the day. While I'm no video connoisseur, I do hate blooming. That's mostly it. I'm someone who wasn't wowed by the LG C9 when compared with the SM9000 in person (I realised that the C9 had much better contrast and colour, but for the price I would still take the SM9000). So yeah, you now know that I'm not too nitpicky.

I'd love to place the order by the first week of August latest.

And hope that I don't get lynched for this - are 65 inch budget TVs really that bad? :p Stuff like the Vu et cetera. I'm still wondering if I should just get one of those VA panle ones and be done with it.

Thanks again for reading through my rant.

Budget TVs are not bad. They do have a market and from what you said, they should be good enough for your usage. Not everyone needs an OLED. If you are okay going with budget TVs, I will suggest waiting for Hisense to launch (first week August). If in your budget, it will be the best option, eyes closed. If not, do check Mi4x, Sanyo Kaizen (IPS), Motorola 65(IPS) and VU Ultra 65. Pick whichever one looks better to you

Just wait for the hisense u7qf launch on 7th aug in India. Should be well under your budget.
Is hisense really a good brand? To be honest i never heard about this brand before I joined this forum and here everyone is a fan of it.

My budget is 80k but not sure whether ri wanna go with a brand i have not heard of and also extend my budget for the said brand

You will find that many brands discussed here will be new to you. But they will be more reputed/better than which are discussed common place.

Another reason you haven't heard of it is, it isn't available in India yet. People who have exposure to international markets are well aware of the brand and waiting for it to come to India. People hadn't heard of Xiaomi too till it's launch, now you see.

P. S. I am personally apprehensive of buying any Chinese brand right now.

Is hisense really a good brand? To be honest i never heard about this brand before I joined this forum and here everyone is a fan of it.

My budget is 80k but not sure whether ri wanna go with a brand i have not heard of and also extend my budget for the said brand
VU sells Hisense TVs with their own branding. Now Hisense is also coming to Indian market. So if you know VU, you know Hisense.

So I've trawled through a lot of posts, and this seems to be the general conclusion:

1. Most TVs under 1l are garbage as they have poor peak brightness, blooming issues, et cetera. So a 70k OnePlus QLED may not be too different from a 35k VU.
2. Sony X95G is god.
3. The Hisense U7QF may be the only worthwhile 65 inch TV under one lac.

More confused than ever. Just a few questions for the good souls out here:

1. Since my viewing distance is only around 8.5 feet, am I wrong in prioritising size (65 inch) over quality?
2. My partner hates TVs that are too bright (when watching movies without lights at night) - does that mean that I should give up on getting a TV that has a good peak brightness?
3. Reiterating that my prime want would be to watch movies at night without lights, what would be the best TV if I could shell out a lac (say)?

Thanks all.

So I've trawled through a lot of posts, and this seems to be the general conclusion:

1. Most TVs under 1l are garbage as they have poor peak brightness, blooming issues, et cetera. So a 70k OnePlus QLED may not be too different from a 35k VU.
2. Sony X95G is god.
3. The Hisense U7QF may be the only worthwhile 65 inch TV under one lac.

More confused than ever. Just a few questions for the good souls out here:

1. Since my viewing distance is only around 8.5 feet, am I wrong in prioritising size (65 inch) over quality?
2. My partner hates TVs that are too bright (when watching movies without lights at night) - does that mean that I should give up on getting a TV that has a good peak brightness?
3. Reiterating that my prime want would be to watch movies at night without lights, what would be the best TV if I could shell out a lac (say)?

Thanks all.

You can use this tool to find the optimum size: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

I think a 55 inch TV will be more than sufficient. You can get a 55 inch Samsung Q70R for ~85-90k or Sony X950G under 1 Lac. You'll be sacrificing a lot in quality if you go for a 65 inch TV under 1 Lac.

These are just my thoughts. Going to an offline store will help a lot with the decision.

Cheers

Hey guys, I have two quotes these are the best I could get in my city:

Samsung q70r 55" - 90k
Sony X950g 55" - 1.12L

There are no better offers have checked around with all possible offline stores. I am leaning towards the q70r because I personally feel will be a better choice given my requirement which is more of dark room watching and gaming.

The x950g is a brilliant TV but a bit worried about the blooming issue during dark scenes mentioned in reviews (Av forum and HDTV channel) and by users. On top the price is just not coming down as it is still at 20k more than the q70r.

Should I go with the q70r with this price?

Samsung q70r 55" - 90k
Sony X950g 55" - 1.12L

There are no better offers have checked around with all possible offline stores. I am leaning towards the q70r because I personally feel will be a better choice given my requirement which is more of dark room watching and gaming.

The x950g is a brilliant TV but a bit worried about the blooming issue during dark scenes mentioned in reviews (Av forum and HDTV channel) and by users. On top the price is just not coming down as it is still at 20k more than the q70r.

I think Samsung Q70R is a very good TV specially for dark room viewing and gaming. Had it been a 5-10k difference, I would have leaned towards Sony but 20k is a lot.

Cheers

Samsung q70r 55" - 90k
Sony X950g 55" - 1.12L

Yeah, for 22k, you can get a good sound bar if needed. Q70R, if I were you.

UPDATE: Was offered the 65 inch LG SM8600 for 99k. Deal seemed great but the TV has an IPS panel, so not the biggest fan for low light viewing.

Will buy the Hisense. Thanks guys.

Why not samsung frame? It's well within your budget
The frame was on the list. And its an excellent product. But the q70r comes with FALD and local dimming. And in comparison is a much better option. Besides the frame 2020 is a television meant for a different purpose and is almost 80k. Hence q70r seemed a better option overall.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back