TV from USA - PAL NTSC Converter ?

s_sachin

Apologies if this is a repeat thread.

A friend got a TV (Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ80U Plasma) from USA and he got a PAL NTSC converter from there, but that device is not working with tata sky box. No signal to TV

Please let me know if you know of anything available locally which you have used, specifically with Panasonic TV's bought from USA

An ebay search gives this result. Anyone using any product from this list ?

eBay: pal to ntsc

Thanks !

Upgrade to Tatasky HD or any STB with HDMI and use the HDMI out. No need for PAL/NTSC converter.

i thought modern tvs supported both pal and ntsc by default... did he try connecting tata sky to tv directly?

Please check before ordering Tata and other setup box , HDMI port does not meant for supporting NTSC when we falling on PAL country .

I also stuck 2 yrs back when i bought NTSC tv and that time i have got vga port solution when we wasted money in 2 and 3 makes of convertors .

I heard some setup box aupport PAL and NTSC both ( videocon , dish )
But please ensure before placing order .

Asked the friend to directly connect hdmi from STB, that did not work.

But then he noticed a 720/1080 switch on the device. Flicking that did the trick. So problem solved :)

And yes thanks all for the replies !

Please check before ordering Tata and other setup box , HDMI port does not meant for supporting NTSC when we falling on PAL country .

I also stuck 2 yrs back when i bought NTSC tv and that time i have got vga port solution when we wasted money in 2 and 3 makes of convertors .

I heard some setup box aupport PAL and NTSC both ( videocon , dish )
But please ensure before placing order .

I have two TVs from the U.S., a Hitachi 720P plasma and a Samsung 1080P LED. I have connected them both to TataSky STBs with Atlona PAL-NTSC HDMI converters and they work fine. I think that even the converters may be unnecessary since I have seen posts on the Return2India forums where the posters claim that Cable/Satellite providers can usually configure their STBs to work with most U.S. TVs. However, the technicians who visited my apt. were in a hurry and took the easier route of inserting my format converter in the signal path.

But then he noticed a 720/1080 switch on the device. Flicking that did the trick. So problem solved :)

Hi Sachin, did you mean the switch was on set top box from tata sky?

Thanks,
Pravin

atlona converter they say is very good , one of fren used it ... sorry u can get only by import .

The cheapo ones are in ebay india ,

u can get the ATLONA imported by the ebay india sellers , if you request them.

Thanks Sachin for the quick reply.

All,

I bought Samsung D7000 LED 3D tv in USA. I also bought following converter from Amazon.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062BS09O/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I had shipped the TV along with other goods. Will be receiving the same in few days. I was considering going for Tata Sky. I did call Tata Sky about support for NTSC tv. They indicated that I have to use converter and it should work fine.

Questions:
1) how is the HD quality when using with converter?
2) has anyone used the above converter? If yes any feedback?

Thank you,
Pravin

Hi,

I finally received my shipment. I took Tata Sky connection. As suspected no signals with direct HDMI connection.

I used the above converter (Orei XD-990). it worked like a charm. Colors are great. HD channels are super clear. Even 3D worked fine.

Hi,

I finally received my shipment. I took Tata Sky connection. As suspected no signals with direct HDMI connection.

I used the above converter (Orei XD-990). it worked like a charm. Colors are great. HD channels are super clear. Even 3D worked fine.

Pravin2k, Howz the non-hd channel picture quality?

I am planning to get a 55inch plasma, do you think a video scalar is required for better picture on non-hd channel's?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Hi Sachin,

What is the model of the TV?

Dear Pravin2k,

I am planning to visit USA in September. I am planning to buy a 50 inch Samsung LED 3D TV from Best Buy or a similar US store (not an Indian store). Thus, I will get a NTSC system (not a multisystem that has PAL and NTSC). I have TATASKY HD at my home and will connect to that, also will connect to a Blue Ray DVD player. What should I do so that I get both the HD quality and 3D? Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Chetan Parikh

Hi,

Hi All,

I have also Purchased Samsung 32 LED from Costco from US cheap 180$ to India. After coming here i was so excited and connected my Tata sky HD plus to my TV with HDMI. It was showing mode not supported and i connected with AV cables and it was showing Black and white pictures. I called customer care and they told tata sky will only support PAL tnot the NTSC and i have to buy the converter. I searched in online whether there could be any other option. Finally i came to Vide0con D2h HD supports NTSC format. I called customer care and even they couldnt confirm this. I took my TV to electronic show roon where they connected my tv to Videocon HD with HDMi and again it showed mode not supported. Then i asked them to change the HD settings. Then they reset it to 1080i and 60Hz.Guess what the color pictures are back...day I got my Videcon D2h HD (not the DVR) Installed to my US TV and connected with HDMI. It showed Mode not supported and switched AV and changed the settings to 1080i and 60hz and switched back to HDMI. Guess what i am able view color pictures with amazing quality...especially SD... i didnt expect that much quality to SD channels..HD awesome.....If you buy US TV so no issues...Videocon D2h HD is ter...it costs you 2930rs... say no to converter..which would cost you above 5000rs..NTSC quality is awesome...i never expected such a quality for SD channels...

Airtel HD also supports NTSC via comp and HDMI. One of my friend in B'lore uses it on his 46" Sony.

Hello

I have a TV which supports NTSC only.(Brought From US). I am using Tata Sky HD with HDMI cable...Still iam not getting any picture on my TV. Any body is there to help me????

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back