TV Misbehaviour

zoozoo

Today morning when I tried to switch on my TV it started behaving in an awkward manner. The screen started flickering continuously. It switches on & off 2 times per second. So if I try to switch off, either using the remote or by pressing the ON/OFF switch on the TV, it refuses to switch off. I have to switch off the power button on the wall, where I have plugged in my TV power cable, to switch off the set. I have tried replacing the batteries of my remote, used another remote, tried to factory reset but nothing seems to work. I have 3 HDMI cables going inside the HDMI IN of my TV, viz, HDMI of my Tata Sky STB, HDMI of my Blue Ray player & HDMI of Android TV box. I have pulled out all 3 of these cables and tried switching on the set but this also doesn't seem to work. This is a Samsung 3-D LED 55 incher, 2013 model. The exact model as per the user manual is Samsung 55F8000 3D.
Can the experts tell me what could be the issue with the TV? Could it be due to moisture in the air as it has been raining here in Mumbai since last few days? I'm a bit skeptical during this pandemic time to call any Engineer/Mechanic at home. Please help with your suggestions.

Try to contact local service center and ask the technician he may give you the exact reason

Looks to be mother board issue,if it was a panel issue then atleast picture would be ON with patches on screen.

That is a power issue in the MB. Most probably the MB needs to be changed. I had LG LED earlier which had this same exact problem. I was quoted around 12K by LG but I did not service it at that time and got it exchanged.

I removed the TV plug from the wall socket and after 4-5 mins put the plug back in the wall socket again. I tried switching it and it switched on. After watching a short movie I switched if off using the remote. But after half an hour tried switching it on and got the same issue. Repeated the same process of removing the plug and putting it back again after 4-5 mins and the TV started to work again. So now if I need to switch on the TV I have to repeat the plug in & out. Does it still look like a MB issue?
I found this small YouTube video Check this Video. Do you feel this could resolve my issue too? Please do watch and comment. It will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance.

Need replies from more experts. HFV has a huge number of members with expertise in AV.. please help

If your are up for it you can try the method mentioned in the video. Looks like it worked for almost everyone who had this problem. You will however lose the smart TV function but you can manage with external connection like fire tv stick or Roku. Probably after watching that video maybe I should have tried it on the LG TV I exchanged. Please update if you were able to rectify the problem.

If your are up for it you can try the method mentioned in the video. Looks like it worked for almost everyone who had this problem. You will however lose the smart TV function but you can manage with external connection like fire tv stick or Roku. Probably after watching that video maybe I should have tried it on the LG TV I exchanged. Please update if you were able to rectify the problem.

I tried the method mentioned in the video but no change. I tried many combinations but issue still remains as is. Now I'm keeping my TV set in always ON state. Day and Night. Only switch off the STB. But need a permanent solution. As mentioned earlier don't want the tech guy to visit my home, a bit risky since I have senior citizen staying with me.

I tried the method mentioned in the video but no change. I tried many combinations but issue still remains as is. Now I'm keeping my TV set in always ON state. Day and Night. Only switch off the STB. But need a permanent solution. As mentioned earlier don't want the tech guy to visit my home, a bit risky since I have senior citizen staying with me.
You can drop the tv to service centre this is the safest way i think

If you keep the TV switched on for 24/7 it might aggregate the problem. As another FM suggested it is better to take the TV to service center ASAP.

It's a motherboard issue. Just a week back we had the same issue with my parents Samsung TV. Got the motherboard changed from local mechanic and it's working fine now.

Yes, it is indeed a motherboard problem.. if I’m not mistaken the 2013 models have two motherboards, one which handles the power and another which handles the imaging. I guess the board which handles the power needs replacement here..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back