TV sound to speakers

Percy123

I have just bought the kef ls50-wireless and it's working well except for a perplexing problem. The TV sound to the speakers works sporadically but with a pattern. If the TV program is from Tata sky, the sound transmits to the speakers without any issue. But if I'm watching programs on Amazon prime or Netflix via the Amazon fire TV stick, whether the sound transmits or not depends on the program. So for example, sienfeld, Thomas and friends works (sound transmits to speakers) but breaking bad, Narcos doesn't. What I'm trying to say is that the sound transmission to the speakers works for some programs but not for others, which is really weird.

When I'm browsing through the firestick app each click is audibly transmitted to the speakers. However once I select and play one of the shows which don't work there is an audible short static sound in the speakers and then no further sound comes.

I'm using this cable to connect speakers and TV.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NH11H38/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_-pCuAb7ZD0TJF

I am guessing that 5.1 programming is not being handled by the Kef speakers. See if your TV has something like down mix to stereo option.
I could be way off the mark here.

Changed the TV settings for audio from auto to pcm. That seems to work for now. Let me check a few more shows

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back