Tweeters for Usher mini dancer 2

himadri

Hi
Unfortunately, my friend's Usher mini dancer 2 diamond tweeters are blown in both the speakers .The dealer does not have spares and Usher Taiwan is also not responding.He is frantically looking for replacement.Any ideas?
regards

Himadri, sometimes ebay has tweeters for sale, not only for usher but other brands as well. He can search there. Going OT this is becoming a very real problem for us Audio enthusiasts in India. We buy products from an authorized dealer and after a few years when the Manufacturer changes D&D or exits the country they refuse to service their products.
Nowadays before buying higher price components I am emailing the manufacturer directly and getting his assurance on support before I buy from the local dealers. This way in future I can refer to this if I need service and local dealer does not support or has been dropped.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Sid
Ebay and other online stores do have Usher parts for sale , but not the diamond tweeters.Yes, the longterm unreliability of the D&D in india is really worrisome, and also the lack of response from Usher Taiwan considering that the European and american brands generally respond faster.
cheers
Himadri

Hi
Unfortunately, my friend's Usher mini dancer 2 diamond tweeters are blown in both the speakers .The dealer does not have spares and Usher Taiwan is also not responding.He is frantically looking for replacement.Any ideas?
regards

I know this is the mini dancer 2. but see if this works--

the older usher mini dancer 1 uses the usher 9950-20 tweeter. you can get it from parts express

Usher 9950-20 1-1/8" Textile Dome Tweeter

or maybe the diyaudiocart guys can get it for you.

or the dayton fabric dome RS tweeter rs28f

Dayton Audio RS28F-4 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter

should be a close match. if you use a 2 ohm resistance in series. i think the the DIYaudiocart guys may have that or can get it for you. (edit - there is a slight OD problem so you may need to trim the baffle for the dayton to fit) but the usher is available.

best of luck!

On a similar note, does anyone know where one might procure a beryllium tweeter for a friend's KRK monitor? Same sad story of Indian distributor of KRK not supporting applicable here too. And the OEM not interested.

On a similar note, does anyone know where one might procure a beryllium tweeter for a friend's KRK monitor? Same sad story of Indian distributor of KRK not supporting applicable here too. And the OEM not interested.

What is the model no of the KRK?

Just a wild guess but won't the USA dealer or main distributor have the required spares for both usher and KRK
I am assuming USA is the biggest market so the manufacturer's will have to listen to their USA dealers

No harm in maling the USA dealers and explain them the situation and see what they can do for you

Best of luck

Just a wild guess but won't the USA dealer or main distributor have the required spares for both usher and KRK
I am assuming USA is the biggest market so the manufacturer's will have to listen to their USA dealers

No harm in maling the USA dealers and explain them the situation and see what they can do for you

Best of luck

Thanks, will do

The 9950-20 / 9930 -20 ,the fabric dome tweeter will loose the shine and detail but will be easy on the ears over the Diamonds since they are a bit bright.

In the meantime , how did they get blown? I use the Usher R1.5 too as your friend but with a much down the chain V602 speakers from Usher, scary. Sangram blew his berillium tweeters too on the Usher but he has replacements stocked. So this news of Usher Tweeters getting blown is scary indeed for owners,but since they are so superb sounding stocking of parts is a worth option.Usher is going for restructuring hence no reply as far as I know. Let's hope for the best. Did your friend Bias the R1.5 properly as it requires biasing every 1.5/2 years since it runs heavily biased into class A.

Last edited:
Yes it is scary, my friend was just playing at higher than average volume at that time.He is in touch with sangram and I shall inform him about the bias thing.You are right, once you get used to the airiness and speed of the beryllium tweeters , replacements are tough to find.Hope things smoothen out at Usher soon.
Cheers

Good news
Tweeters shall be available within 2 months at Katli audio in USA as Usher factory is shifting in Taiwan .Meanwhile an interesting thing happened.My friend was looking for another pair of speakers for home theatre, and Golden ear Triton1 was available.Got to listen to them for about 3 hrs a few days back at his place with Usher amplification.Was taken aback at the large sound from the powered speakers (bass) and the speakers disappeared literally.Nice sound overall .
cheers

Fred from Katli Audio is a very very helpful guy. After buying the R1.5 he helped me with a lot of things from BIAS to Balanced boards for the amplifier. I hope Usher sorts out things at its end and come out with even better products.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back