Typical newbie's confusion over Home theatre Selection in 50k budget

medianandha

Hi all,

I was a silent reader of this Forum for a long time. Thank you guys for your wonderful contribution. ok. Let me come to the point.

room.jpg

Room size - 11x12 ft. (there will be 2 ft wardrobe also in the room. So Technically it might be 11x10 ft)
Budget - 50K (can be stretched to 60k)
Purpose -70% movies, 30% Music
Movie Source - Netflix, Amazon Prime and Blu ray discs.
Additional expectation - Bluetooth Connectivity is must

Now I am having Sony BDV E4100 basic 5.1 HT setup. The problem is, I couldn't hear the dialogues properly in drama kind movies. For that I need to have higher level volumes, in which the musical and sound effects are sometimes annoying. And personally I am not a bass / punch lover too.

So the requirement is, "A decent speaker setup which also should suits to hear the dialogues clearly".

With that I am having a typical dilemma of wether to go to a good Sound bar with virtual surround or decent 5.1HT for actual surround. But I also had the fear that for the room size of mine, it might be a over do to go for a AVR + 5.1 Speakers. Am I thinking wrong?

What would be your suggestion for this scenario. I am living in Chennai and have planned to visit PR FX and Home Audio Solutions tomorrow to get more idea and get some quotes. So Can you also suggest some good shops to try the demos for this.

P.S: I have tried to read almost all the possible threads before posting these simple questions.. You people might have come across this kind of post almost everyday. Pardon me for this thread .:)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was a silent reader of this Forum for a long time. Thank you guys for your wonderful contribution. ok. Let me come to the point.

View attachment 32302

Room size - 11x12 ft. (there will be 2 ft wardrobe also in the room. So Technically it might be 11x10 ft)
Additional expectation - Bluetooth Connectivity is must

Now I am having Sony BDV E4100 basic 5.1 HT setup. The problem is, I couldn't hear the dialogues properly in drama kind movies. For that I need to have higher level volumes, in which the musical and sound effects are sometimes annoying. And personally I am not a bass / punch lover too.

So the requirement is, "A decent speaker setup which also should suits to hear the dialogues clearly".

With that I am having a typical dilemma of wether to go to a good Sound bar with virtual surround or decent 5.1HT for actual surround. But I also had the fear that for the room size of mine, it might be a over do to go for a AVR + 5.1 Speakers. Am I thinking wrong?

What would be your suggestion for this scenario. I am living in Chennai and have planned to visit PR FX and Home Audio Solutions tomorrow to get more idea and get some quotes. So Can you also suggest some good shops to try the demos for this.

P.S: I have tried to read almost all the possible threads before posting these simple questions.. You people might have come across this kind of post almost everyday. Pardon me for this thread .:)
If you are located in Chennai you can also visit Audioholic Home Theater Solutions, volumate.

By wandering around here, I can able to collect the important AV Solutions providers list in Chennai. Hope it might be useful for other Chennaities in future.

Volumate, Audioholic Home Theater Solutions, Power Electronics, AV Lounge, Cressida AV Zone, Home Audio Solutions, Cinebels, Audire,Cinema Focus, Vipul Audio Tech, The Audio People, Decibels, Pro FX.

Before going for any product, planned to visit as much as possible shops to audition and get more info on various products.

As of now I have gone through for the following products in the image.

HT list.jpg

For your room size, you can do a 5.1 set-up + 4 overheads (5.1.4) comfortably.. On the conservative side, defnetly 5.1.2..

Any 5.1 AVR (Denon x 550BT - 5 HDMI inputs, BT) with bluetooth & wifi (30k) + Taga TAV series 5.0 speaker package (20K) on amazon.in will be <=50K.. Add one or two subwoofer later depending on your budget..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back