UHD TVs of 2019 what to expect

Ryzen

We are just few days away from 2019 and so is CES 2019. CES 2019 is scheduled to be on and from 8th January to 12th January 2019. Hopefully CES 2019 will bring 2019 line ups of UHD Tvs from various brands. What you expect or think 2019 line up will bring. I am interested to the future of HDR 10+ vs Dolby Vision. This month has seen couple of HDR 10+ Blu Ray release. With the likes of Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox joining HDR10+ how long Sony and LG stay away from HDR10+?

And how long LG is going to use IPS panels for their premium LCD/LED line ups?

nothing except alpha 9 improved processor from lg, sony some higher version of LED models from existing x90f serie and 8k SETS from sony ,pana,lg

I am expecting to see micro-LED tvs. May be they will be super expensive, but if they come out, OLED is going to sie for sure.

lot of money and R & D is put in OLED .It wont die soon until money is recovered,Micro Led is not yet in swing for commercial production.All of LG ,SONY SAMSUNG can now sell flexible display oled ,hardware for mobile and tv is developing &far ahead of EXISTING OLED ,but in order to sustain ecosystem of electronic mfg & distribution in china ,thailand,malasia,and chipset companies they are going slow.

SONY 2019 UHD TV Line up. Found this on a russian forum. Most interesting thing is XG90. Sony is going back to Slim Backlight Drive Pro(used in XE93) instead of FALD. XG80 which is going to replace XF80 will feature X1 Extreme. Hopefully it will get Dolby Vision support and match XF90 in terms of performance.SONY 2019 TV Line Up.png

As I expected, Samsung has come up with 75" Micro LED. Maybe by 2020, OLED will face the fate of PLASMA.

I am expecting to see micro-LED tvs. May be they will be super expensive, but if they come out, OLED is going to sie for sure.
As I expected, Samsung has come up with 75" Micro LED. Maybe by 2020, OLED will face the fate of PLASMA.
Plasma did not die because the replacement was better.
It did so because LCD/LED was cheaper.

MicroLED is still very expensive. So OLED is a serious option, now that prices are falling.
Except Samsung, major manufacturers have invested in OLED.
Expect it to stay for a while and mature the way plasma did.
Cheers,
Raghu

Plasma had its issues. So is OLED. The biggest issue OLED has is, the burn in. Hopefully Micro LED will not have much issues like OLED. It will take couple of years before micro led goes mainstream.

Plasma had its issues. So is OLED. The biggest issue OLED has is, the burn in. Hopefully Micro LED will not have much issues like OLED. It will take couple of years before micro led goes mainstream.
OK. If you say so.
I still have a 2009 model plasma working fine. No issues.
OLED has its niggles, but some stuff is blown out of proportion (in my opinion)
I have an OLED too.

Cheers,
Raghu

Panasonic GZ2000 is the TV to support both Dolby Vision and HDR 10+. Maybe all 2019 4K TVs will support both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. If Sony, LG and Samsung doesn't do that it will be a huge boost for Panasonic OLEDs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back