UK & Indian electrical compatibility for Marantz cd 6006 UK edition

Nitin K

Hi friends, happy Diwali to all.
I have ordered a cd 6006 UK edition player from UK. Pls suggest a good flat to round pin adapter. Another option would be to procure the power chord of the standard cd 6006 with round pins from here.
The player is rated to play at 230V @ 50/60 Hz so should be compatible with the Indian electrical system. The extension board I am using is a 15 amp board connected to a stabiliser with only standard round sockets for the components to be attached.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The player is rated to play at 230V @ 50/60 Hz so should be compatible with the Indian electrical system.

Indian and UK are compatible in terms of voltage and frequency.

Buy a good 5 pin universal adapter from electrical hardware stores. It will allow you to plug in the flat UK "top". The ground pin will be redundant.

Hi bro...any good quality c13 power cord with Indian 3 pin Plug will do....with adapter, there is always a chance for loose fit..

Indian and UK are compatible in terms of voltage and frequency.

Buy a good 5 pin universal adapter from electrical hardware stores. It will allow you to plug in the flat UK "top". The ground pin will be redundant.

Thanks a lot jls001, incase if you happen to know of a reliable brand can you pls suggest one.

Hi bro...any good quality c13 power cord with Indian 3 pin Plug will do....with adapter, there is always a chance for loose fit..

Thanks a lot sijusid, agree with you an adapter may have a loose contact but had made the electric board specially for the stabiliser which requires a 16 amp board. I have a 5 amp multipin Targus board but cannot connect the same to the stabiliser hence was opting for an adaptor . Will ask if the Marantz dealer has a spare power chord of cd 6006 with them in worst case scenario.

Thanks a lot jls001, incase if you happen to know of a reliable brand can you pls suggest one.

Get a 16 Ampere rated computer CPU power cord (usually used in servers). They are usually moulded and very sturdy and extremely neutral sounding. They use good OFC copper conductors adequate to supply 16A of current (that your CDP will never ever draw). And it won't cost you much. Later, when you want to tune the sound you can explore other power cords which are not as neutral sounding.

Get a 16 Ampere rated computer CPU power cord (usually used in servers). They are usually moulded and very sturdy and extremely neutral sounding. They use good OFC copper conductors adequate to supply 16A of current (that your CDP will never ever draw). And it won't cost you much. Later, when you want to tune the sound you can explore other power cords which are not as neutral sounding.

Thanks a lot jls001 for the insightful reply. Thats a good option, really appreciate it. Later on will surely look for a warm sounding power chord. Honestly speaking I wasn't aware that the power strip also affected the tone of the sound & was under the impression that they only supplied clean or noisy current depending on their quality to the devices.

I would suggest you not to use the stock power cable and build a custom power chord for your CD player. Buy 14/12 AWG electrical wire and add power plug on one side and other with the other side add a female power connector like:

Hope this helps.

I brought all my audio gear from the UK when I relocated to India and it all works perfect.

Just cut off the mains plug on your UK power cable and wire a replacement local one of good quality.

I brought all my audio gear from the UK when I relocated to India and it all works perfect.

Just cut off the mains plug on your UK power cable and wire a replacement local one of good quality.

Thanks Kumar, will be getting a multisocket extension board. The quality of the plug is so good that I don't feel like cutting it.:)

Thanks Kumar, will be getting a multisocket extension board. The quality of the plug is so good that I don't feel like cutting it.:)
Ya thats a good idea, I have this one which works with UK Plugs and 2/3 pin Indian ones, has nice switches:

But that is not longer available so you can use this one instead:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back