Ultimate question Onkyo 3100 vs 3300 vs loggy z5500 vs any other ?

karandex

What is the best that we know 3300
but really the 10 k price raise on 3100 is ok. if we forget the hdmi and any video related features
I am getting a tv and i have many ways to provide source.so i dont care of hdmi features.
So if we consider only sound quality first and then sound realted features is 3100 good ?

i have read that z5500 is better than 3100 but i dont like that of a powerful base . i like the clarity of sound,less boomyness. nothing should be overpowered.
i will be using it for games movies tv music,all the things.

i was sure on z5500 but its boomyness was synonemous with all reviews

so janta please help

If you are not concerned about hdmi etc, you try the JBL+harmon Kardon Cinesystem, with AVR 133. It sounds really nice, give it a listen. Should be within 30ks.

karan.. dont go by reviews and do disbard any of the models on basis of what other states.. as we are here to suggest you not to make you buy.. what we will suggest is
give listen to all of them.

however 3300 is always better than 3100.

z5500 is better than 3100 not sure than 3300

as 3300 supports dts-hd. however logi does not..

but gaming.. logi have no match..

Is ur more than 50% of ur HT time will be for gaming then go for Logi..

seriously even for movies it sometimes disappoint me. but no too often..

I say 50%... coz the z5500 is a desktop speaker. not a HT mate. and it shines more in gaming. So... weigh in ur uses and go for one.

When i bought this yea i needed this for gaming. but abt 2 years now.. sold my pc and all.. now just HD's from the TB's. :). z5500 is lacking. Hence i joined this forum to prepare my HT setup ...

But i say in ur case get the 3300.

any lower alternative for about 15-18k
are those jbl packages that good ?
where you will place them in loggy vs onkyo vs philips

Ultimate answer ..... anything except z5500, even for gaming 5500 dispite of its hype was unimpressive ........ I dont know what your budget is but I would go with the Harmon Kardon + JBL combination from the suggestios made in this thread .....

ok so now it is onkyo 3100 vs 3300 vs jbl
any philps one ?
my room is about 10 by 10. so 3100 will be enough for me or i need 3300

Onkyo better than jbl, I seriously doubt that, but then preference will differ, I'd say take auditions and stay away from Philips.
i just browse forums and many people say onkyo 3300 is superior to jbl

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i prefer the clarity of sound in JBL better...onkyo's sub is too feeble...you won't feel it vibrating..so you might think tht you did not spend your 23k well..think abt this :)

What is the best that we know 3300
but really the 10 k price raise on 3100 is ok. if we forget the hdmi and any video related features
I am getting a tv and i have many ways to provide source.so i dont care of hdmi features.
So if we consider only sound quality first and then sound realted features is 3100 good ?

i have read that z5500 is better than 3100 but i dont like that of a powerful base . i like the clarity of sound,less boomyness. nothing should be overpowered.
i will be using it for games movies tv music,all the things.

i was sure on z5500 but its boomyness was synonemous with all reviews

so janta please help

Hai Karan as a logi... owner & frequent user I have a bit of say on this. Some of our forum member has a pre-determind concept that logi... is overpowered, it has big boomy bass and it not do well for music.

But i think its not a justified thinking. Those who has logi Z5500 just do some sipmle adjustments---

1) First connect it with DVD/Blu-ray/MP/PC(good sound card with digital out) through Optical or Coax. Out

2) When u play music without digital sound track, select 'Dolby Prologic II-Music Mode' and make 'Panorama' ON. If ur track is digital it automatically goes into Digital Mode (Dolby/Dts).

3) Since Logi has 10" sub unit it will generally produce high amount of bass but as it is longhthrough bass U need to place the sub properly. Dont keep it in a conjested place, make a gap atleast 1ft from back wall & 3ft from left side wall. Dont make any obstacle between sub and opposite side wall so that the long-through bassflow can directly hit on the wall.

4) Keep the sub volume between 20-30 % and let's see the result.

How your sound system will sound depend how U want to make it sound.

Don't go with ur perception go with real facts.

i prefer the clarity of sound in JBL better...onkyo's sub is too feeble...you won't feel it vibrating..so you might think tht you did not spend your 23k well..think abt this :)

Onkyo SUB feeble ....??? AFAIK 3300 sub has almost the same specifications as my 6200, with a lower frequency difference of 5 Hz. And the only component in my Onkyo HTiB that kicks butt is the sub. It rocks ..... checkout my Bluray reviews for avatar and Transformers II and people will have an idea what I am talking about. My 6200 sub shakes the bed all over and hits the thumb right at your heart, what else one wants .........Forget about the rest........ sub is something I can vouch for, given its placed on some absorbtion material like a thin carpet. (that improved the performance)

Hai Karan as a logi... owner & frequent user I have a bit of say on this. Some of our forum member has a pre-determind concept that logi... is overpowered, it has big boomy bass and it not do well for music.

But i think its not a justified thinking. Those who has logi Z5500 just do some sipmle adjustments---

1) First connect it with DVD/Blu-ray/MP/PC(good sound card with digital out) through Optical or Coax. Out

2) When u play music without digital sound track, select 'Dolby Prologic II-Music Mode' and make 'Panorama' ON. If ur track is digital it automatically goes into Digital Mode (Dolby/Dts).

3) Since Logi has 10" sub unit it will generally produce high amount of bass but as it is longhthrough bass U need to place the sub properly. Dont keep it in a conjested place, make a gap atleast 1ft from back wall & 3ft from left side wall. Dont make any obstacle between sub and opposite side wall so that the long-through bassflow can directly hit on the wall.

4) Keep the sub volume between 20-30 % and let's see the result.

How your sound system will sound depend how U want to make it sound.

Don't go with ur perception go with real facts.

Well apologies to burst your bubbles, but I had logi at one time, and it sucked big time on all settings and everything I tried ..... and for the record I was using it my P5B Delux sound card on the optical cable. About the SUB well what my experience says a good sub will rumble your room where ever you place. Yes to max out the performance you do tend to place it in the corner.
My friend also recently bought 5500 AGAINST my suggestion and sold it within 4 months and now is saving money for a real HT. If there is any doubt............. "akhil7j" is his user name in HVF, msg him and confirm .....

Last edited:
Onkyo SUB feeble ....??? AFAIK 3300 sub has almost the same specifications as my 6200, with a lower frequency difference of 5 Hz. And the only component in my Onkyo HTiB that kicks butt is the sub. It rocks ..... checkout my Bluray reviews for avatar and Transformers II and people will have an idea what I am talking about. My 6200 sub shakes the bed all over and hits the thumb right at your heart, what else one wants .........Forget about the rest........ sub is something I can vouch for, given its placed on some absorbtion material like a thin carpet. (that improved the performance)

Well apologies to burst your bubbles, but I had logi at one time, and it sucked big time on all settings and everything I tried ..... and for the record I was using it my P5B Delux sound card on the optical cable. About the SUB well what my experience says a good sub will rumble your room where ever you place. Yes to max out the performance you do tend to place it in the corner.
My friend also recently bought 5500 AGAINST my suggestion and sold it within 4 months and now is saving money for a real HT. If there is any doubt............. "akhil7j" is his user name in HVF, msg him and confirm .....

thanks for the update....all this my friend is a matter of personal opinion!!

i would never look to give second thoughts to a HTIB that doesn't rock my house...it doesnt make sense....i went and demoed 3100 it was ok...nothing to shake. or break a sweat about...i went ahead and auditioned the 3300..it was lame to say the very least..pathetic bass...the clarity was good no doubt but the bass was just not there....also i went and demoed Yamah YHT 292, 392, HK conestyle systems...and several denon ones...Remember that i carried several MP3s, movie clips, etc with me...Finally i liked the Denon 1611 if i recollect correctly...it was great for music...good for movies and sounded like it had a great Bass response and a great throw of the same...it set me back by 42000, negotiated to understand that it is setting me back by 36000. THat is a lot of money.

Also as of today nobody knows that whether what we call today as 3D compatible AVR..will survive beyond a years time...so doesnt make sense to spend 35K+ on sth...i rather audiotioned 5500 good sound good bass...that is completely adjustable...

you can turn the woofer levels through remote..no sweat in that or any major settings to tweak...as we have to do while calibrating a HTIB...

it is sufficing my music and movie requirements for the time being...got it for 15k...there was some issues..i asked for a replacement...and logitech replaced the speakers....no sweat..now i have two set of speakers....exact same speakers..lols:clapping:

As i said it is not rubbish....

jitni shakkar daalo ge chai utni hi mithi hogi....if you have 35k to spare go for a good HTIB otherwise save and go for sth like 5500 and upgrade later...

THis is sth IMHO....rest all changes person to person....peace!

good sound good bass...that is completely adjustable...

you can turn the woofer levels through remote..no sweat in that or any major settings to tweak...as we have to do while calibrating a HTIB...

You can do the same in 3300...a single button (total of 3 presses) on the remote would let you tweak Sub and centre levels as well as bass/treble.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back