Unable to add path for media using plex

Love4sound

I am trying to add path but plex doesn’t detect any drives. Only path it shows is sd card don’t know what it is. I deleted plex and all logs related to plex. Also deleted it from registry and restarted PC to perform a clean installation. Now after installing it keeps trying to find the media server and takes me to a page requesting to install the media server even though I have installed it already. So next used shield has server and the PC detects but can’t add the path again as shown in the screenshot. Only path available is the sd card and it doesn’t detect any drives

1476D7BF-2552-4EC9-8FD7-1657F8E1AF3B.jpeg

I have Plex but that menu in your screenshot is unfamiliar ... is it an android version?

I have Plex but that menu in your screenshot is unfamiliar ... is it an android version?
It is on windows PC. Previously I had it running Perfectly and used it for a year on nvidia shield 2017. Ever since I changed to shield pro 2019 I am facing this issue. Running the plex server on nvidia shield as in windows I am not able to run it. Now I am stuck at adding the path to the media such as movies, tv shows etc. In this page I should get the drives and external HD connected so I can add the path to movies and tv shows

It is on windows PC. Previously I had it running Perfectly and used it for a year on nvidia shield 2017. Ever since I changed to shield pro 2019 I am facing this issue. Running the plex server on nvidia shield as in windows I am not able to run it. Now I am stuck at adding the path to the media such as movies, tv shows etc. In this page I should get the drives and external HD connected so I can add the path to movies and tv shows
I just looked up the Nvidia Shield page - it says Android 9.0 (Pie) powered by Android TV™ with Chromecast 4K built-in.. why do you call it Windows? Reading your posts again - are you saying you first tried in windows and then moved to Shield? And both fail to find a connected external drive? I think the drive cannot be mounted automatically then... that’s one possibility. I use plex on windows never had any problem with internal drives...

I just looked up the Nvidia Shield page - it says Android 9.0 (Pie) powered by Android TV™ with Chromecast 4K built-in.. why do you call it Windows? Reading your posts again - are you saying you first tried in windows and then moved to Shield? And both fail to find a connected external drive? I think the drive cannot be mounted automatically then... that’s one possibility. I use plex on windows never had any problem with internal drives...
What? Cause the screen shot I shared is from my windows PC not shield. I am trying to add the path to my movies and tv shows library. I initially add plex set up and working perfectly in both PC and windows. But after I moved to latest shield I got a new hard disk and have all the movies, tv shows moved. So to update the library path I connect it to my windows PC and the HD was never detected. So after trying everything I got fed up and reset everything which made things worse. I only managed to get plex running in the shield but to use it you need to connect to PC and update the path for movies and other library

Last edited:
Well now I am able to add the HD and got it working. Not sure what fixed it only difference I made was make the changes with fm @rainbowsong2000 on call and magically the path appeared

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back