Unbelievable Offer 2

thekinge

Following the "Unbelievable Offer 1" posted by venkatcr sometime back, here is the thrilling sequel from Dubai:

Package Deal

Onkyo TX-SR608 HDMI 1.4 / 3D ready receiver with the following Wharfedale speakers
Diamond 10.7 pair +
Diamond 10.1 pair (rear speakers)
Diamond 10.CS
Diamond 10.GX 250 W sub

all of this is available for 5500 AED / 66000 INR in Sharaf DG Plus Dubai. Sharaf DG Plus is located in Times Square, Sheikh Zayed Road. I just booked this package today as you can see from this post:

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...rfedale-10-hcp-onkyo-tx-sr608.html#post133749

I know that shipping the speakers, especially the 10.7s will be a problem, but the price difference between the same package in India & in Dubai is enormous and may be worth a trip to Dubai to purchase this:)

Please note that this is available only as a package and not separately. The individual prices of each of the above items is very high even in Dubai.

-thekinge

Is this new stock or old?

Any idea about the tax/duty scheme in Dubai? What makes it feasible to sell so low?

Regards

Following the "Unbelievable Offer 1" posted by venkatcr sometime back, here is the thrilling sequel from Dubai:

Package Deal

Onkyo TX-SR608 HDMI 1.4 / 3D ready receiver with the following Wharfedale speakers
Diamond 10.7 pair +
Diamond 10.CS
Diamond 10.GX 250 W sub

all of this is available for 5500 AED / 66000 INR in Sharaf DG Plus Dubai. Sharaf DG Plus is located in Times Square, Sheikh Zayed Road. I just booked this package today as you can see from this post:

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...rfedale-10-hcp-onkyo-tx-sr608.html#post133749

I know that shipping the speakers, especially the 10.7s will be a problem, but the price difference between the same package in India & in Dubai is enormous and may be worth a trip to Dubai to purchase this:)

Please note that this is available only as a package and not separately. The individual prices of each of the above items is very high even in Dubai.

-thekinge
How are you shipping it? How much is shipping costing you? Include customs too?

How are you shipping it? How much is shipping costing you? Include customs too?

Hi Santosh,

I live in Dubai if you have not noticed:) So I do not have to worry about shipping to India as yet. But there are shipping companies in Dubai which will ship to India (and may be able to take care of customs as well).

any trustworthy references?

Hi Santosh,

I live in Dubai if you have not noticed:) So I do not have to worry about shipping to India as yet. But there are shipping companies in Dubai which will ship to India (and may be able to take care of customs as well).

Guys,

The offer is closed and the price of the package unfortunately has been increased to AED 7999 from yesterday.

Thanks for your update...

Could you please lookout( on your visit to malls) and post the the price of latest TV's of Samsung LED 3D capable models price in dubai.... 42" to 55".. with any good add on offers with 3D glasses + BD player.

thanks

Is this new stock or old?

Any idea about the tax/duty scheme in Dubai? What makes it feasible to sell so low?

Regards

Hi gobble,

Sorry did not notice your post earlier. This is brand new stock and not old or ex-demo. There are no taxes or GST in Dubai; Dubai (atleast officially) is a tax free city.

They're selling it so low because of the weak economy. These guys have not been moving any Wharfedale speakers (especially floor standers) out of the inventory for quite a while and hence they are offering such unbelievable prices to move out the stock. As you know the Onkyo receiver is a 2010 model as well.

I am glad to let you and everyone know that the offer has been re-instated but with Diamond 10.7 has been replaced by 10.6. The new offer is as below:

Package Deal

Diamond 10.6 pair +
Diamond 10.CS
Diamond 10.GX 250 W sub

Price is 5500 AED / 70,000 INR in Sharaf DG Plus Dubai.

Thanks for your update...

Could you please lookout( on your visit to malls) and post the the price of latest TV's of Samsung LED 3D capable models price in dubai.... 42" to 55".. with any good add on offers with 3D glasses + BD player.

thanks

I have posted the prices of 2 models in the TV prices thread

Will post the prices of Samsung 7 series 3D TVs when they become available in Dubai

thekinge, any good offers on the wharfedale subs? How are the new ones GX and MX w.r.t sw150 and 250?

thekinge, any good offers on the wharfedale subs? How are the new ones GX and MX w.r.t sw150 and 250?

iaudio, i am not aware of any offers at the moment. The 10.GX is a SW250 in new skin. If I am not wrong, 10.GX has lost some weight compared to SW250 which may not be a good thing. I will keep you guys updated if there is any new offer

thekinge, based on your information i got it touch with my cousin in Dubai and bought sw150 & CD6003 from VVS. got it for 18k INR.

still not reached me... I am trying to get it delivered thru door-2-door courier... any other suggestion thekinge..
many many thanks to thekinge for the info. on VVS clearence Sales
thanks again - sunil

Shed weight eh? Thanks for the info, thekinge.
What is its usual price?

Hi iaudio,

The price of 10.GX in retail is AED 2488. I do not have the SW250 price but will inquire and let you know. The SW150 sells for AED 1585 brand new.

-thekinge

thekinge, based on your information i got it touch with my cousin in Dubai and bought sw150 & CD6003 from VVS. got it for 18k INR.

still not reached me... I am trying to get it delivered thru door-2-door courier... any other suggestion thekinge..
many many thanks to thekinge for the info. on VVS clearence Sales
thanks again - sunil

Hi kksunil,

Glad I could help:) The only other alternate to courier is for someone to carry it. Just curious, did you get the SW150 and CD6003 both for 18K INR?! Because as far as I know, the CD6003 was not included in the clearance sale and its price alone is AED 1490 / 18K INR.

-thekinge

Sorry Guys, it is CD6002. Yes I paid INR 18000 (I think 1500 AED) for both CD6002 & SW150.
It has still not reached my hands :sad:

kksunil, Congrats! You mean you got cd6003 and sw150 total 18k! Sweet deal!
Thanks
Just curious, did you get the SW150 and CD6003 both for 18K INR?! Because as far as I know, the CD6003 was not included in the clearance sale and its price alone is AED 1490 / 18K INR.
-thekinge
Yes - it was not there... I am very bad with numbers.

Last edited:
Sorry Guys, it is CD6002. Yes I paid INR 18000 (I think 1500 AED) for both CD6002 & SW150.
It has still not reached my hands :sad:

Thanks

Yes - it was not there... I am very bad with numbers.

Thats an amazing price!! Was it a sale or 2nd hand?!! :)

cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back