Unboxing and first impressions of Mission LX2

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

So here are my missions. Finally. Been wanting them for quite some time. Very few reviews of these on the internet. Hopefully this will help people out there, like myself, in deciding whether they are worth in a small setup like mine.

Note. I'm no audiophile. I don't understand frequencies or words like wide, deep, warm bright etc. I'm 38 years old. I rely on my ears and eyes. ONLY.

They came today afternoon in a decent sized box. Thank God for that. I was hoping the box wouldn't be overly big. Just the right size.

Very well boxed and packed. Neat. I liked that.

When i opened them up after all the polythene and wrapping, they were a sight to behold. Simple. Yet beautiful looking. Definately British. Neat and well finished.

What I LOVE are the magnetic grills. Yep. Magnetic grills. No holes on the speakers. Magnetic. Pretty cool stuff.

Simple set of connectors at the back standard stuff. Speakers are tiny compared to the Dali I owned previously.

Fired them up with my newly acquired chord carnival silver screen cables ( thanks manniraj ) and hooked up with my marantz SR6009 ( thanks Murli ).

Went to audyssey and setup speakers to large and turned off the center for now. Simple. Put on Prometheus on bluray.

So far so good. Will wait for a while for the speakers to blend in with time and my surroundings.

First impressions : I had to reconfirm whether the center was off. Felt like all the sound was coming from the tv. People say that's a good thing.

Plenty of bass. Yes "plenty" is a relative term. Good enough for me for now. There was this one scene where the mid-bass driver was moving so fast I thought it would just fly out. Volume was at decent audible levels. The speaker has a bass reflex rear port. The movement of the driver was a sight.

There was a foam plug in the bass port at the rear which I removed ofcourse. These are small bookshelves and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to make silly comparisons with Dali. They serve my purpose. Have attached a few pics below. I can't stop looking at the speakers. They do look really really fine. These are a well finished product.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

70f285369987397efbca4eae213d78cb.jpg
5e04fd0bec95651b1cebbfc65b6bc7bc.jpg
d18d0fbe0292a610dcf007903f3fc107.jpg
45e3ef85b73dfb76d9edf463eee5b3d2.jpg
f3fb74abe86e948f784f08e0e431784a.jpg
bc8a83cd55a4fe3b9f34ec4c9da1142f.jpg
5d9dbcbbaa1d970d4b9d01cf1d9aee7e.jpg
7f71c5717f8258b04a337a41af6f0a32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good speakers and ofcourse you can compare them to Dalis. Mission have a very open sound with great bass which is not slow or bloated. Those acufiber drivers are superb. Will they beat Dali Zensor , yes they will in a lot of areas.

Yep Elango, these have replaced the front Dali now. Just love the magnet grills lol ?? Stupid question, shud I plug the bass port with the foam plug? What's that for? To reduce bass?

Yep Elango, these have replaced the front Dali now. Just love the magnet grills lol *? Stupid question, shud I plug the bass port with the foam plug? What's that for? To reduce bass?

Yup use bass plugs, if you feel the bass boom is intolerable, Depending upon room acoustics.

They look great, complete drooling, the Golden accentuation looks gorgeous.
Stupid question ; is the placing correct, shouldn't it be upside down? I mean tweeters above and bass driver below?

Damn man, u made me open the grills and check if I had placed them upside down lol

I guess they are designed that way. Space age tech stuff u see!

Looks fantastic, hope it will stay for some time
The only that in life that's constant is change ;-) that....and my wife....rest all can come and go at my will [emoji2]

Oh wow very quick. They looked great. Tweeter below is the best design ever, I wish all others followed this trend. I used to keep my bookshelves upside down. Luckily all of them had grills that could be put in any way.

What's the burn in time mentioned in the manual? Use the bass plug after you have run the speakers for the burn in duration. Then if you feel the bass is a boomy, plug it in.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@celester340, how does it compare with the Bose 301 for 2 channel stereo
The bose are too big to be kept on the stands i have firstly. Having said that, I think the bose were made for music. For me, placement was an issue.

The mission on the other hand, I just put them up and played without any fuss. The detail on the mission is very nice with nice separation of instruments and music. For such tiny speakers, they produce an adequate amount of bass.

Mash, the manual doesn't have any burn in time specified. But in an average day, my speakers would run for about 7 -8 hours daily. That includes tv and music. I just can't stop looking at the speakers still. They just look so neat and classy on the stands. I have currently turned off my center so get all the frequencies into the missions.

What's the difference between stereo and multi channel stereo?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back