Unboxing and immediate feedback: BLUESOUND NODE (2021)

Dr Sarkar

Hello dear FMs. After a long hiatus finally I could spare some personal time to indulge in music listening. Thanks to my organisation I’m now posted to a laid back, not so well known, small hill station in northern part of India ( essentially I can now enjoy my whole evening sitting infront of a fireplace holding a glass of single malt and listening my favourite music for the next two years).
I’m hooked to this forum since 2019 and have enjoyed every bit of it. My apologies that I could not contribute to the forum much, nonetheless I have been an avid listener and keen a learner. I’ve built my audio system bit by bit and I really appreciate the generous help I’ve received for FMs.
Now that I have time and peace on my side, I’ve decided to experiment with my stereo gear. I’ve bought a Dared MP 60 tube amp recently and veered from SS amps and frankly I’m enjoying the so called warm and velvety sound. I can now commit to something more serious and planning to go for a Cayin tube amp in next 6 months. In the process I am slowly upgrading my stereo gears. Ive bought nice interconnects, powercables and speaker cables. Presently I’m using a pair of Dali Spektor 5 FSs as my primary stereo speaker with a JBL 12’’ subwoofer and I am pretty happy as far as the quality of sound I’m listening. My room is about 30’ X 20’. I was contemplating for a DAC to see whether it improves the listening experience in terms of sound staging and depth, both I can not discern precisely with my current set up. I went for the Bluesound Node 2021 as it combines a good source for Highres audio files ( im using Qobuz) along with a better inbuilt DAC ( better than Bluesound Node 2i as far as the reviews go). I’ll be experimenting with three external DACs subsequently to asses the musicality, expanse and depth of the soundstag viz Mytek Liberty, SMSL SU9 and Denafrips ares II.
This is my immediate personal impression regarding the Bluesound node 2021 streamer that I’ve bought online from the The Revolver club, Mumbai.

Buying experience:
I would say it was good. Mr Jude was helpful and I could manage a decent discount from him and sealed the deal for last piece of it.

Delivery:
It was planned through Bluedart and they delivered to this inaccessible location in straight 4 days with accurate tracking throughout the transit.

Packaging:
Packaging was bulletproof. They bubble wrapped it and put it inside a hard cardboard box (far better than Amazon boxes) to ensure a snug fit and covered it with another bubble wrap.

Unboxing:
The Bluesound node box is very well constructed, it looked and felt premium (Apple MacBook kind of package in quality and size). The inside is also compartmentalised with condensed paper partition. Apart from user manual and warranty info booklet they have supplied four different cables; two power chords, one Ethernet, one component. There was a minitoslink converter inside. They took care to pack them well and included even an empty box just to assure snug fit of the contents.
The streamer came in it’s white fabric cover and felt very nice and posh. It has a very small footprint considering the big box but well constructed. The touch panel on the top was covered with a transparent protective screen. There are air vents along the lower border of the streamer. I’ve attached a pic for the available connections.
Look and feel of the streamer:
It is a small but very well made product and absolutely felt premium, though it is made up of plastic. The touch panel is big and responsive with nice and accessible controls for presets and volume.

Installation:
It was a breeze albeit lengthy considering slow net speed in my home. You need to download the BlueOS app and it updates itself and rest is blazing fast. Interface of the app is decent. Going back and forth in between pages is a bit bothersome but one will get comfortable very easily.

Sound:
I played High res (HR) and CD quality tracks through Dared Mp 60 without an external DAC through Canare interconnects via analogue output. Sound was impressive. It was nuanced and balanced without exacerbation of bass. Highs were crisp and vocals sounded very appealing.

I’ll run it through different tracks over the coming weekend and post my feed back.
Thanks FMs again and I really do apologies for such a lengthy post.

amrutmhatre90

Congratulations, enjoy it. Many people love how simple and easy the Bluenodes are. They have perfected it almost, except for the app.
Waiting for some pictures.

I’ll be experimenting with three external DACs subsequently to asses the musicality, expanse and depth of the soundstag viz Mytek Liberty, SMSL SU9 and Denafrips ares II.
Eagerly waiting for a comparison with these.

pks.k

Hello dear FMs. After a long hiatus finally I could spare some personal time to indulge in music listening. Thanks to my organisation I’m now posted to a laid back, not so well known, small hill station in northern part of India ( essentially I can now enjoy my whole evening sitting infront of a fireplace holding a glass of single malt and listening my favourite music for the next two years).
I’m hooked to this forum since 2019 and have enjoyed every bit of it. My apologies that I could not contribute to the forum much, nonetheless I have been an avid listener and keen a learner. I’ve built my audio system bit by bit and I really appreciate the generous help I’ve received for FMs.
Now that I have time and peace on my side, I’ve decided to experiment with my stereo gear. I’ve bought a Dared MP 60 tube amp recently and veered from SS amps and frankly I’m enjoying the so called warm and velvety sound. I can now commit to something more serious and planning to go for a Cayin tube amp in next 6 months. In the process I am slowly upgrading my stereo gears. Ive bought nice interconnects, powercables and speaker cables. Presently I’m using a pair of Dali Spektor 5 FSs as my primary stereo speaker with a JBL 12’’ subwoofer and I am pretty happy as far as the quality of sound I’m listening. My room is about 30’ X 20’. I was contemplating for a DAC to see whether it improves the listening experience in terms of sound staging and depth, both I can not discern precisely with my current set up. I went for the Bluesound Node 2021 as it combines a good source for Highres audio files ( im using Qobuz) along with a better inbuilt DAC ( better than Bluesound Node 2i as far as the reviews go). I’ll be experimenting with three external DACs subsequently to asses the musicality, expanse and depth of the soundstag viz Mytek Liberty, SMSL SU9 and Denafrips ares II.
This is my immediate personal impression regarding the Bluesound node 2021 streamer that I’ve bought online from the The Revolver club, Mumbai.

Buying experience:
I would say it was good. Mr Jude was helpful and I could manage a decent discount from him and sealed the deal for last piece of it.

Delivery:
It was planned through Bluedart and they delivered to this inaccessible location in straight 4 days with accurate tracking throughout the transit.

Packaging:
Packaging was bulletproof. They bubble wrapped it and put it inside a hard cardboard box (far better than Amazon boxes) to ensure a snug fit and covered it with another bubble wrap.

Unboxing:
The Bluesound node box is very well constructed, it looked and felt premium (Apple MacBook kind of package in quality and size). The inside is also compartmentalised with condensed paper partition. Apart from user manual and warranty info booklet they have supplied four different cables; two power chords, one Ethernet, one component. There was a minitoslink converter inside. They took care to pack them well and included even an empty box just to assure snug fit of the contents.
The streamer came in it’s white fabric cover and felt very nice and posh. It has a very small footprint considering the big box but well constructed. The touch panel on the top was covered with a transparent protective screen. There are air vents along the lower border of the streamer. I’ve attached a pic for the available connections.
Look and feel of the streamer:
It is a small but very well made product and absolutely felt premium, though it is made up of plastic. The touch panel is big and responsive with nice and accessible controls for presets and volume.

Installation:
It was a breeze albeit lengthy considering slow net speed in my home. You need to download the BlueOS app and it updates itself and rest is blazing fast. Interface of the app is decent. Going back and forth in between pages is a bit bothersome but one will get comfortable very easily.

Sound:
I played High res (HR) and CD quality tracks through Dared Mp 60 without an external DAC through Canare interconnects via analogue output. Sound was impressive. It was nuanced and balanced without exacerbation of bass. Highs were crisp and vocals sounded very appealing.

I’ll run it through different tracks over the coming weekend and post my feed back.
Thanks FMs again and I really do apologies for such
Congratulations for your new gear..!

Please let us know your thoughts /comparisons about those 3 DACs you have experienced ..!

Kannan

Congratulations @Dr Sarkar So what is the difference you find between SS amps and tube amps, now that you have a better source to eke out the details from the music tracks.

Dr Sarkar

Thank you all. Here go the pics

Attachments

• 2BC5AC88-7351-4214-82D5-F703EAF124E0.jpeg
    2BC5AC88-7351-4214-82D5-F703EAF124E0.jpeg
    812.6 KB · Views: 71
  • F8A252D6-A3D6-46E2-BECF-90C9446E0CD0.jpeg
    F8A252D6-A3D6-46E2-BECF-90C9446E0CD0.jpeg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 51F45A5C-9978-41F5-94CE-FA8A00764DE8.jpeg
    51F45A5C-9978-41F5-94CE-FA8A00764DE8.jpeg
    825.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 028394C7-13B8-47E8-8650-78BE54784EB9.jpeg
    028394C7-13B8-47E8-8650-78BE54784EB9.jpeg
    727.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 323971C9-54D2-4C2F-BF39-4AFE09311CDF.jpeg
    323971C9-54D2-4C2F-BF39-4AFE09311CDF.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 711A9D6F-5090-4A21-B007-280447B762A6.jpeg
    711A9D6F-5090-4A21-B007-280447B762A6.jpeg
    746.9 KB · Views: 76

Dr Sarkar

Congratulations @Dr Sarkar So what is the difference you find between SS amps and tube amps, now that you have a better source to eke out the details from the music tracks.
Thank you Mr Kannan. I’ve not used top of the line products from either SS or Tube but to my limited experience what I’ve realised that tubes have a very relaxed kind of effect as compared to the upfront and swanky attack of SS. It’s the velvety and laid back warm tone of Dared that has got me.
Beauty.
Please Show your beautiful setup..!
Sure I’ll post by evening. Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Sarkar

Hill station? Fireplace? Single malt? 30’x20’ room?
Sounds like just what the doctor ordered! :)

Lovely write-up, @Dr Sarkar
You seem to have a clear understanding of the sound you’re after, which always helps. Wishing you many hours of musical bliss!
Thank you. May be I’m after a Mirage . Perfect sound is a misnomer. Who knows ?

[email protected]

to my limited experience what I’ve realised that tubes have a very relaxed kind of effect as compared to the upfront and swanky attack of SS. It’s the velvety and laid back warm tone of Dared that has got me.
Precisely my experience with tube gear as well (I have a hybrid setup with tube preamp powered by SS PA ). The voicing with tube pre is impeccable, it draws you into the music like solid state by itself somehow never manages.
Beautiful setup , hope it brings you many hours of aural bliss.

Somewhere in the future ,I wish you get into vinyl playback too , with those tubes it would be another level of awesomeness.

Dr Sarkar

Precisely my experience with tube gear as well (I have a hybrid setup with tube preamp powered by SS PA ). The voicing with tube pre is impeccable, it draws you into the music like solid state by itself somehow never manages.
Beautiful setup , hope it brings you many hours of aural bliss.

Somewhere in the future ,I wish you get into vinyl playback too , with those tubes it would be another level of awesomeness.
Thank you. There is a charm of analogue that’s difficult to explain. One has to feel that !!!

Perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation.