unhappy samsung plasma tv customer

filmguy

guys

thought i would let you'll know my experience with samsung & their customer service.

I'd bought a Samsung plasma tv (model PS51E8000GR) in Nov 2012 & immediately I'd wanted an 3 years extended warranty as cover for it. I''d put in a request for the same with samsung helpline on multiple occasions but no one turned up. Despite repeated reminders, requests and follow ups from my side no one bothered to turn up. I even e-mailed complaints to the CEO office but all I got was assurances that the matter would be looked into & the warranty extension done, but it never was. I was almost pleading for them to come and collect my cheque but no one turned up. i pursued the matter on & off till 2014. Finally I had to go out of town for awhile and after that I couldnt follow up the matter any longer & after that it slipped my mind.

suddenly in oct of last year (2015) all the hdmi ports on the tv stopped working. so within less than 3 years of purchase all the hdmi ports of the tv have stopped working. Which means thanks to no fault of mine I have a tv without functioning hdmi ports. irony is if the warranty extension had been done i could have got the issue fixed.

i emailed samsung about this & i got a call that they'd get back to me about this but as usual they didnt.

so keep this in mind when you'll are looking to buy a samsung tv.

All the big companies have lousy support, so this is why i am myself going for cheaper and more value for money brands in future and have also advised my friends and family to do the same. You can buy extended 3 years warranty for a small brand like VU directly on its website, so why pay big money and go through hassles of big brands.

Oh that was miserable .My Samsung 3D 6030RLXL 32" TV of 3 years old got panel issue last month .The Samsung technician came to our house and inspected and simply told to replace the panel which will cost around 18k ,the warranty for the same will be only 2 to 3months (that too for only some parts).He too suggested that inspite of repairing go for a new TV .
This is very sad part from a big Giant TV manufacturer like Samsung.Many people are putting there hard earned money for buying big size LED TV ,but the durability of the same is killing now.( My BPL CRT TV lasted for 12 years without any problem).The life of LED/Plasma TV is vey less when compared to CRT TV. In my opinion atleast it should last for 5 to 7 years.
Finally I got a TV from Reliance Reconnect 32"LED TV with 4 year warranty(2 years + 2year extended warranty) for Rs.16k.

Same story goes with me i have purchase 51d550 in Sept 2012 for 63k it stop working in 2014 just 2 year and after that service engg told me change the panel which cost me 40k what a joke ,so i decide to sell the dead tv and buy a new one which will give me 4 year warranty

unfortunately there's no such thing as consumer protection in our country. samsung etc would not dare to do such things in US/Europe

Back