Unic UC46 LED Projector thread..1200 lumens..now seriously bright.

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
Presenting the best 1200 Lumen LED projector for 5 Grand..
This is intended only to watch Videos and movies..
Last year, I bought the unic UC 40+ (800 Lumens) for this price.
Now, I wish I had waited.
For this mini beast!!!:yahoo:
LED Pjs are becoming seriously brighter day by day.
This projector is not meant to be permanently installed.
One should set it up, enjoy the movie or TV program and then pack it up for the next future use. This adds to the fun.
1200 Lumens is seriously bright.
This item I think originated in America.
UC40+ is a short throw projector. I suppose the UC 46 is also one.
I am really happy with the 800 lumen pj and want to experience the UC 46.
Friends, Please post your experiences about the UC46 here.

The sample site: UNIC UC46 1200 Lumens Portable Multimedia HD Mini LED Projectors Private Home Theater Cinema: Amazon.in: Office Products
Yours,
Subcenter2009

jeez, whats with the negativity
the UC40 may be a toy for some of you, but at least for me its a fine product at its price point. with a decent screen, it gives you a taste of the big screen for cheap.

at least for me, rather than the brightness, its the resolution which is a problem due to the screen door effect at bigger image sizes. My next pj is going to be an HD one. Waiting for one to be available at the sub 10K price point

Rubbish CHINA Product avoid...
Boy isn't that a fact less sweeping statement? What are you comparing it to? Have you used or experienced this projector yourself? Could you suggest a projector with better performance at this price point?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thought I'd seen it all, but now here comes projector snobbery

It seems all some folks can do is piss on somebody else's parade, nothing of value whatsoever to offer otherwise.

Sigh need an ignore button.

Well, if a product claims false specs then as an owner it's my moral obligation to call that out and thus help others make a decision. I guess that's value addition in my books. I specifically mentioned lumens. I understand there are use cases for such projectors and I respect that (heck, I bought this to project night sky on my daughter's bedroom ceiling).

Well, if a product claims false specs then as an owner it's my moral obligation to call that out and thus help others make a decision. I guess that's value addition in my books.

Most of the AVR manufacturer do the same with watts.. No exception to flagship AVR's too :), but still we buy them..

Read some reviews on low cost chinese projectors <$100 and Unic 40 seems to be on top and highly recommended for the price you pay..

Since Unic46 improves on Uinc40, with more brightness and brings the wi-fi display, which i think is really great for the price..

I have a limitation on the projection wall, where i have a window, else would have ordered the UNIC46 eyes closed..

Thinking on how to project it on the widest wall, where it has windows.. Any workaround that can be done relatively cheap?

Read some reviews on low cost chinese projectors <$100 and Unic 40 seems to be on top and highly recommended for the price you pay..

Since Unic46 improves on Uinc40, with more brightness and brings the wi-fi display, which i think is really great for the price..

I have a limitation on the projection wall, where i have a window, else would have ordered the UNIC46 eyes closed..

Thinking on how to project it on the widest wall, where it has windows.. Any workaround that can be done relatively cheap?
This is what you should be considering if you are looking for a good price for performance ratio.
Its having two times the resolution, double the brightness of the Projector being considered that's UC 46. Its well rated out of all ultra cheap projectors & sounds like a good deal.
Of course it's more than twice in price too.. (but much better option in my opinion).

http://m.gearbest.com/projector/pp_73945.html

that's value addition in my books.

Your books are all wrong. Below is value addition. Useful, constructive, and even helpful information.

This is what you should be considering if you are looking for a good price for performance ratio.
Its having two times the resolution, double the brightness of the Projector being considered that's UC 46. Its well rated out of all ultra cheap projectors & sounds like a good deal.
Of course it's more than twice in price too.. (but much better option in my opinion).

Excelvan CL720D LED Projector with Digital TV Slot-161.61 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

Excelvan CL720D LED Projector with Digital TV Slot-161.61 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

Great... It is aval in aliexpress abt $196 shipping to India.. Never ordered from Aliexpress so far.. I have seen few FM threads on the same...

Anyways will think abt it..

But before that am thinking on the projection wall/screen type...

Found Luzon Dzire 8" x 6" Feet on amazon.in for abt 3.5K, would this suit my throw distance of 10 feet approx? - http://www.amazon.in/Luzon-Dzire-Pr...8&qid=1477464857&sr=1-22&keywords=luzon+dzire

Last edited:
Great... It is aval in aliexpress abt $196 shipping to India.. Never ordered from Aliexpress so far.. I have seen few FM threads on the same...

I've bought quite a few stuff from both Aliexpress and Gearbest, the latter is much quicker and reliable than the former.

As far as Projector screen goes -
I've been projecting on a Matt wall for over 5yrs now, the genuine high gain screens (>20k inr ) definitely make a difference especially during the end of projector lamp life. If you can find a blank white wall to project, you can still save on buying cheap screens, even DIY could work equally good for screens. Try projecting on Wall first and buy a screen if it's not satisfactory.

Finally for your Klipsch audio gear worth more than 90k, don't compromise by adding a projector with less than 720p native resolution. Consider the Exclevan which gives you a good price for performance ratio ; or go for Acer 5830ub (hopefully this model number is correct, its a 720p most recommended model) @30k if reliability is a concern.

Last edited:
Your books are all wrong. Below is value addition. Useful, constructive, and even helpful information.

I've always found reviews from actual users helpful for my purchases and thus thought of sharing my experience hoping it would help others.

And...my books have been serving me well and doesn't mean I will call yours wrong as I'm sure its working well for you:).

Have a good day!

I've bought quite a few stuff from both Aliexpress and Gearbest, the latter is much quicker and reliable than the former.

As far as Projector screen goes -
I've been projecting on a Matt wall for over 5yrs now, the genuine high gain screens (>20k inr ) definitely make a difference especially during the end of projector lamp life. If you can find a blank white wall to project, you can still save on buying cheap screens, even DIY could work equally good for screens. Try projecting on Wall first and buy a screen if it's not satisfactory.

Finally for your Klipsch audio gear worth more than 90k, don't compromise by adding a projector with less than 720p native resolution. Consider the Exclevan which gives you a good price for performance ratio ; or go for Acer 5830ub (hopefully this model number is correct, its a 720p most recommended model) @30k if reliability is a concern.

Thanks for the detailed post..

I was considering PJ, but at a later time.. Accidentally picked up the UNIC thread and when i saw the price of it, honestly couldn't resist it even-though it was SD capable..

I don't have a regular white wall (Windows in-between) to project 100 inch screen, hence though of Luzon Dzire screen on amazon.in.. Given the really low cost and my first time with PJ, thought to give the UNIC46 a try and give it to mom for her to use as it has Miracast function..

I have a friend coming from US in the next 2 -3 months, will try to get hold of the HD PJ during Christmas sale..

Sorry for going OT but came across an HD projector probably the cheapest one I have seen online.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCY4KYH/ref=s9_dcacsd_bhz_bw_c_x_1_w

The Lumens rating is only 50 which means that you need a fairly dark room but the rest of specs seems to be good for the price. Looking forward to any feedback from anyone who owns it or had used.

Cheers,
Venki

Sorry for going OT but came across an HD projector probably the cheapest one I have seen online.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCY4KYH/ref=s9_dcacsd_bhz_bw_c_x_1_w

The Lumens rating is only 50 which means that you need a fairly dark room but the rest of specs seems to be good for the price. Looking forward to any feedback from anyone who owns it or had used.

Cheers,
Venki

OMG.. Never knew there were LED projectors so tiny and affordable.. Thanks for the link..

Will create a new thread for these LED projector's, with an apt title to source more inputs & options for the user..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back