Universal Remotes for HT ?

Greetings,
Are there any value for money Universal Remotes available for HT systems that can control LED TV, Denon AVR, Projector, etc using single device ?

If yes >> are there any threads/ pointers for the same ?

Out of 1 year first hand Practical experience, hands down Logitech Harmony 650- universal remote and worth the price. highly recomended.

Greetings,
Are there any value for money Universal Remotes available for HT systems that can control LED TV, Denon AVR, Projector, etc using single device ?

If yes >> are there any threads/ pointers for the same ?

If your TV & AVR have HDMI-CEC facility, then your AVR remote can control TV basic functions too...

Try to read the manual of TV & AVR & check if it supports HDMI-CEC feature...

Thanks for prompt replies.

However, I have a couple of questions for those who are aware about Harmony 650.

a. Can this remote be used when not in direct sight of the equipment ?
I am using that kind of remote to control my Room AC (Trane) .. can be used from any direction (whether facing the AC unit or not) & trust me >> it is really helpful.

Would be even more helpful in case of HT (if I decide to put some of the items either on back of my seating position or on left or right).

b. When I had a look at this product on amazon.com >> I found that its quite popular in other countries.
However, will I be able to control my Tata Sky HD+ using this remote ??

Last edited:
^ U rtalking bout RF remote which dont need line of sight. IR does need.

to answer ur question, 650 is an IR remote. it needs line of sight and can contrl only IR devices. RF remotes cant be configured in this.

Note: May be somekind of converter/router for IR>RF exists but i really have no idea.

Thanks for prompt replies.

However, I have a couple of questions for those who are aware about Harmony 650.

a. Can this remote be used when not in direct sight of the equipment ?
I am using that kind of remote to control my Room AC (Trane) .. can be used from any direction (whether facing the AC unit or not) & trust me >> it is really helpful.

Would be even more helpful in case of HT (if I decide to put some of the items either on back of my seating position or on left or right).

b. When I had a look at this product on amazon.com >> I found that its quite popular in other countries.
However, will I be able to control my Tata Sky HD+ using this remote ??

a) It has to be in direct sight
b) works well for Tata Sky HD+

a) It has to be in direct sight
b) works well for Tata Sky HD+

I have TataSky and Yamaha receiver. I use the app in my mobile, (both TataSky and Yamaha have Apps for that) to control them. Only catch is that both devices should be wireless enabled and should use the same wireless network/router. I find this feature very useful because these do not obviously need line of sight. If you have a Smart TV, then you may have Apps for that as well on your mobile (iOS/Android).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back