Unlocking Sony BDP-S370 to play all Region Discs

ram_v

Hello Every one,
I am Ram and I am from Chennai, This is my first post on hifivision.

I bought a sony BDP-S370 from sony store in Chennai and it can play only region "C" BD discs and with out keeping the fact in mind that my player can only play region "C" BD discs and region "5" DVD discs I bought few Blu-Ray Discs and DVDs from the US and then I realized that these discs from US wont work on my player.

I googled to find if there is a way I could unlock my player to play all region BDs and DVDs and I did find few useful links but all of them say that I need a all4one universal remote to unlock which I don't have.

Can some one help me out fix this so that I can play BDs and DVDs I got.
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Ram.

Oops! I was planning to buy this player :(

I knew that it was BD region locked but i got the impression from the discussions here that it was SD region free. (I have got a s@#$load of multiple region SD DVDs)

anyway many of the BD are region free or you should definitely check here before purchasing your blu rays.

^^
It plays all region DVD's, mine plays dvd's bought from US

Last edited:
Nearly all BD players need a small hardware modification to unlock region coding for Blu-Ray.

Some of th players can be region unlocked for DVD only by pressing a sequence of keys on the remote.

Cheers

If you have a BD writer and a blank BD-RE, rip the region "A" BD into HDD and burn on BD-RE. Keep doing this till you are able to watch all the movies one by one.

I don't know how many region A discs you have. You may also want to burn copies directly on BD-R?

Hello Every one,
I am Ram and I am from Chennai, This is my first post on hifivision.

I bought a sony BDP-S370 from sony store in Chennai and it can play only region "C" BD discs and with out keeping the fact in mind that my player can only play region "C" BD discs and region "5" DVD discs I bought few Blu-Ray Discs and DVDs from the US and then I realized that these discs from US wont work on my player.

Your American Blu-ray discs will NOT play if they are region locked, but your Sony BD-P370 player should have no problems in playing back the DVDs. That is because the BDP-S370 sold in India, comes DVD Region hacked, right out of the box. :)

I googled to find if there is a way I could unlock my player to play all region BDs and DVDs and I did find few useful links but all of them say that I need a all4one universal remote to unlock which I don't have.

From what I know a simple remote control hack will not help you get full Blu-ray region playback capability. You need to get some additional hardware (a chip on a small circuit board) which will then have to be soldered to your player's mainboard. This will void the warranty.

Last edited:
its easy to make this DVD region free by remote hack

not possible for Bluray region free without hardware modification and modding.

If you have a BD writer and a blank BD-RE, rip the region "A" BD into HDD and burn on BD-RE. Keep doing this till you are able to watch all the movies one by one.

I don't know how many region A discs you have. You may also want to burn copies directly on BD-R?

Hi Reju,
When you rip the Regoin A BD using BD writer, will it come as Region A only in the new disk or we can set it to any Regoin while writing onto the disk?

Hi I have Sony Blue Ray BDP S370 and Remote control no. RMT-B107P. I want to make this Region Free that I can play all movies with different formats like MKV etc., especially from the USB port.

Grateful if some one can help me.

AK

Hi I have Sony Blue Ray BDP S370 and Remote control no. RMT-B107P. I want to make this Region Free that I can play all movies with different formats like MKV etc., especially from the USB port.

Grateful if some one can help me.

AK

Ajay, you dont need to make it region free or any such thing. by default, the player plays all regions of DVD's only.. but region locked for blu-ray discs.

you dont need to worry about regions.. while playing mp4/mkv files from usb port.
just follow my tips in the following post.. you will be able to play all hd files from your usb port.

http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d...ecorders/16014-tips-tricks-sony-s370-bdp.html

is there anyway i can play 3D in S370? I have not tried yet but I believe its not 3D BDP.
This player is not capable of 3D playback.

Sony BDPs are most difficult to mod to make them region-free. It will be cheaper to buy another region BDP to couple with this rather than any alternate method.

Dear Chandan and all

Thanks for your reply but I am still not been able to play movies downloaded from the net.

Either I play with burned cds or by usb its saying that format not supported and some time my sony player stuck and I had to unplug this before doing any thing.

I would appreciate if someone help me so my sony player play all my downloaded movies.

Ak

Dear Chandan

Thanks for your post but I am still not been able to play downloaded movies into my sony bdps370 player, either I play by burned cd or by usb.

Some time its stuck and I have to unplug this before doing anything with this player. It also saying that format is not supported and this would happend mostly with latest mkv, avi and other formats, its plays only mp4 and an old format of mkv.

Please help me

Ak

Hello Guys...I'm stuck with a brand new purchase of a BDP-S1500 ( bought from croma in gurgon) that wont play my kids US region 1 DVD's... can anyone share the hack?

P.s : i have a one 4 all URC 7120 but havent had much success with it.

there are few mod kits available in Germany.
one of my friend imported and unlocked all the player of our group.
even you can find on india ebay also on bluraydvd seller

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back