Updated review of my BenQ W1070

hamhifi

Recently got a Benq W1070 as my 1st projector with an elite screen 135" and 1080p movies just look awesome. :)However the fan noise is bothering me a little even in eco mode with Brilliant color disabled. It's not a rattling sound or anything just the normal background fan noise. I noticed it bothered a few other people from these threads and was wondering if there's anything that can be built to dampen the sound i.e. a box or even moving it one half a meter back through the wall into the next room (with a hole in the wall for the light to shine through). This is probably bothering me because I'm using it for the PC (where there is mostly no sound), it's fine during movies. As an aside the screen is bowed a little so the picture isn't flush, the installers are coming back to try and fix it.:sad:

Congratulations on the projector.

The sound you are hearing is not just the fan. It's the sound of the color wheel as its rotating at a very high speed. You will not be able to lower it. If you hear a continuous, high pitch sound, just like a film projector, then its the color wheel.

All single chip DLP's have color wheel and users have to live with that noise. On the other hand, single chip DLP means no convergence issues and very sharp picture.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back