Upgrade 5.1 Speaker Package or Buy a BookShelf+Stereo Amp for Rs 50000-60000

rana_kirti

Hi Freinds,

Room Size 12x10

Current Setup

Music = Laptop + Creative T20 Speakers

Movies = Yamaha RX V 450 + Yamaha 5.1 Small Wall Sattelite Speakers.

Target = To improve sound of both.

Budget = Rs 50000 - 60000

Usage = Music 80% + Movies 20%

I was thinking of adding a 5.1 Q Acoustics 2000 ( 2020 ) to replace the old 5.1 Yamaha Sattelite Speakers and add a Stereo Amplifier to the equation to but my 5 yr Old AV Reciever does not have "Pre-Outs". Is there a way around this...???

So i thought a lot and read a few threads here and researched and came up with these options..... Please help me select one...

1. Audio Engine A5 replaces Creative T20 Speakers. & Yamaha+5.1 Sattelite Speakers remain same.

2. Bookshelf/Floor Standers Speakers ( Which one ?? ) + Stereo Amplifier replaces Creative T20 Speakers. & Yamaha+5.1 Sattelite Speakers remain same.

3. Q Acoustics 2000 + Yamaha RX V 450 for both Music + Movies.

4. Buy new AVR Receiver with "Pre-Out" + Stereo Receiver + QAcoustics 2000

I'm mainly looking to improve my music listening experience but if the Movie experience can be improved then that will be nice too... Or will i have to compromise...??

Although from what i have read i understand that a Bookshelf/Floor Standers Speakers + Stereo Amplifier will be better for music than a AVR Receiver + 5.1 Setup.

But if i add a Stereo Receievr to the Pre-Out of the AVR Reciever would that make my music experiece better ..?

Which Option should i go for... ??

Thanks.

HI 2 ALL,
I am new to this hifi and I would like to know that can I upgrade my 5.1 sound system to new features say DTSHD,DDHD,THX SOUND,PROLOGIC IIX ,3D and etc.Right now I am using HK AVR133 with JBLSCS 140 speakers from last 2 years it sounds good.
Due to the change in the sound technology day to day I want to upgrade my old avr,it is possible?Please suggest.
thanks in advance.

You can upgrade your avr and use the existing speaker system. But remember that HD audio and 3D support is useful only if you have a 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player. One advantage you will get in current avrs is the support for audio over hdmi which is not available in HK133. This way you can avoid cable clutter.

the best upgrade to any system is usually...speakers
go audition a pair of bookshelves like PSB B6 or B5 and then let your ears decide if you need a speaker upgrade :)

these bookshevles will be a huge upgrade to your current speakers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back