Upgrade from 3020i 3090i need advice

Kevin16

Hello Guys,

Iam planning to upgrade from 3020i and 3090i (LCR) to below mentioned speakers in my mind, please let me know your thoughts.

Mission LX4 TOWERS
Polk S50 or S20
Center S30

I use onkyo nr696 and have a dedicated room with projector (without acoustics)

Room dimensions 12x12

Budget : 50k to 60k for LCR

Hello Guys,

Iam planning to upgrade from 3020i and 3090i (LCR) to below mentioned speakers in my mind, please let me know your thoughts.

Mission LX4 TOWERS
Polk S50 or S20
Center S30

I use onkyo nr696 and have a dedicated room with projector (without acoustics)

Room dimensions 12x12

Budget : 50k to 60k for LCR
Hi Kevin,

What you are contemplating is more of a side grade than an upgrade, if at all. From a gander at your signature, it seems you are missing a sub. Do consider it over speakers if you don’t have one already. Its an indispensable component of an HT.

If you are really contemplating an upgrade from 3090i, the center would need to be of 50/60k atleast for a new one (Dali Oberon might be a small upgrade but doubt you would be able to appreciate the same for the extra dough). As suggested by DB1989 if you put that budget towards a nice sub you will likely feel a very good uplift in the experience.

Hi Kevin,

What you are contemplating is more of a side grade than an upgrade, if at all. From a gander at your signature, it seems you are missing a sub. Do consider it over speakers if you don’t have one already. Its an indispensable component of an HT.
Yeah, i have an old onkyo sub, as suggested i should definitely consider in upgrading my sub rather than the LCR, I have Polk HTs10 or 12 in mind

Yeah, i have an old onkyo sub, as suggested i should definitely consider in upgrading my sub rather than the LCR, I have Polk HTs10 or 12 in mind
Those are both good options. Another great option that I've used and can vouch for is the Mission MS450. It has no trouble pressurising even large rooms and gives an epic theater feel which is missing from a lot of subs in that price range.

Sure thing, i ll try to audition MS450, also i visited my friend place who recently got qb12, it's very warm considering the room acoustics he has made

Sure thing, i ll try to audition MS450, also i visited my friend place who recently got qb12, it's very warm considering the room acoustics he has made
The QB12 is a very good sub. Back in 2020, it was going for 45k and an absolute stonker for the price.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back