Upgrade from Tannoy Turnberry GR to Turnberry GR Limited Edition.

Miany

Friends,

Recently upgraded my Turnberry GR to GR Limited Edition. Only 150 pairs have been made world wide and mine is 143 :).
The differences in the LE version as compared to the standard version are,
  • 10-inch Dual Concentric Drive with alnico magnet. The cone material is also different from the standard version i think.
  • larger 52-mm tweeter in aluminum-magnesium alloy with Pepperport wave-guide.
  • Completely redesigned crossover with ICW ClarityCap MR capacitors, specially coated coils with low loss and high precision resistors.
  • Speaker Grill cloth made from the same material as in the larger Kensingtons.
Sound-wise, a huge step up from the standard version which i was using before. The sound is more refined and detailed now with really good imaging. Low volume listening is really great now.

Friends,

Recently upgraded my Turnberry GR to GR Limited Edition. Only 150 pairs have been made world wide and mine is 143 :).
  • 10-inch Dual Concentric Drive with alnico magnet. The cone material is also different from the standard version i think.
  • Completely redesigned crossover with ICW ClarityCap MR capacitors, specially coated coils with low loss and high precision resistors.
Sound-wise, a huge step up from the standard version which i was using before. The sound is more refined and detailed now with really good imaging. Low volume listening is really great now.
Congratulations on your new acquisition...
Some pics please...

Very nice, from what I see its a Alnico magnet and pepperpot waveguide, wonder if there is any difference from the Kensington GR other than the cabinet ?

Friends,

Congratulation!!! It would be nice if you could share some pictures.

Congratulations on your new acquisition...
Some pics please...
Sure.. will post pics.. let me apply some wood wax before that..

Congratulations.. some pictures of the LE version please..
Sure.. will post pictures soon

Congratulation!!! It would be nice if you could share some pictures.
Sure.. will post pictures

Very nice, from what I see its a Alnico magnet and pepperpot waveguide, wonder if there is any difference from the Kensington GR other than the cabinet ?
Yes. The drive and wave guide are same. I think, apart from the cabinet, the crossover might be different in Kensington..

Wow...
Admirable....
Now may be some video playing your favorite tracks...
Wish I could listen to them sing....

As usual, no agreement among FM's. Some say it is hot, some say it is cool. I say it is beautiful !!!! Must sound beautiful too. Congrats !!!!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back