upgrading audio system on Honda city facelift 2017

subhrajit

hi Experts,

The OEM comes with great SQ on the new honda city with 8 tiny speakers. Only it lacks the bass in LOWER volume. I really want this to change. Got to know that bas tube will be huge for honda city. One option is to change the 6 inch speakers with a better one. But i don't want to alter any OEM setup. I have a JBL sound bar at home which is not in use. Can I somehow attach it to the battery ! I mean is anyone aware of such setup ! Is this possible with the help of a professional ? Kindly advise.

thanks

hi Experts,

The OEM comes with great SQ on the new honda city with 8 tiny speakers. Only it lacks the bass in LOWER volume. I really want this to change. Got to know that bas tube will be huge for honda city. One option is to change the 6 inch speakers with a better one. But i don't want to alter any OEM setup. I have a JBL sound bar at home which is not in use. Can I somehow attach it to the battery ! I mean is anyone aware of such setup ! Is this possible with the help of a professional ? Kindly advise.

thanks
Honda OEM Player is extremely poorly made one ! Whatever you do with the speakers and sub, first change that source - either by replacing it with an aftermarket player or by adding a new age DSP solution

hi Experts,

thanks

You may consider rainbow speakers. but its costly.

https://www.rainbow-audio.de/en/

http://motorheader.com/car-audio/speakers/

hi Experts,

thanks

Give this compact active sub a shot. Hamaan HMUS-8 Underseat 8" Active Subwoofer

MaSh

If you really want quality bass never go for under seat subs and bass tubes please.
As for op. What you want to do might be possible after modifications and "jugaad". But it is not recommended at all. Either stay with it or buy aftermarket ICE.

Oh okay, which under seat sub did you use? I heard this one and although its no match to the usual subs occupying the boot, it was enough for that non bass head to add that little oomph.

Agree in bass tubes.

MaSh

Oh okay, which under seat sub did you use? I heard this one and although its no match to the usual subs occupying the boot, it was enough for that non bass head to add that little oomph.

Agree in bass tubes.

MaSh
Haven't used myself but did hear one setup with blaupunkt Underseat sub. IMHO it's definitely not worth going for. Any cheap sub with big box + amp does better justice.

Haven't used myself but did hear one setup with blaupunkt Underseat sub. IMHO it's definitely not worth going for. Any cheap sub with big box + amp does better justice.

Yes absolutely, but not everyone wants a lot of bass and losing the boot. Anyways, I got a Figo and never felt the need of adddinj anything. Hence my advice purely keeping the OP's requirement.

MaSh.

Back