Urgent-have to buy 32 inch lcd/led, kindly help to decide!

harry10

HI Guys.
All thanks to this forum i bought my samsung plasma last year so i would like you guys to help me buy a 32 inch tv for my parents as well.
First- Should i go for lcd or a led?
As per my understanding lcd makes more sense but still suggest me.

Second- Which lcd- The ones i had checked in showrooms are-
1.-Lg ld310 which is a hd ready model -price 24k. It looked alright while the start cricket was played on it.
2.-samsung D550 if i rem right which was somewhere around 34-37k. its the new 5 series one which got launched in 2011 as per the sales guy. Looked good imo.

3 Sony CX420 if i rem the model correctly for 31k. Well i am not a big fan of Sony as there after sales service is expensive and i had seen many sony products failing too often. However this looked the best out of the all i saw.

Am open to purchase from showroom or from grey market (like guffar) if the price difference is substantial.

Could not check Panasonic and not that much interested as i feel in LCD's Sony,Samsung or even LG have an edge over Pana.

Kindly suggest me for the above selections or for any better models as well.
Requirements are simple-
Full HD is a priority but if you suggest that HD ready will suffice then am open to that also.
Usb port
Hdmi port.
It will be primary used for tata sky with an occasional movie thrown in thats why USB is required which can play most formats.
The purchase will happen this week itself.

Waiting for the inputs.

Hope you searched the forum first, there are some threads in this line

I am using sony full HD LCD for more than 2 years now and there was no troubles.

I feel Sony is better than Samsung and LG.

Sony won't read SRT (Subtitles) file from USB, I don't know about other makes.

I suggest going for Full HD instead of HD Ready, more HD channels are expected to be released in the coming months

IMO, LED TVs are better than LCD.

2.-samsung D550 if i rem right which was somewhere around 34-37k. its the new 5 series one which got launched in 2011 as per the sales guy. Looked good imo.

I was quoted 30.5k Inclusive of taxes for the LA32D550 at Samsung Plaza. Its a pretty good display for the price considering its a 2011 model and a Full HD native resolution display. Media player functionality is also supposedly much much better than the Sony's. In fact I read somewhere that it puts the WD Media Player to shame. As for me, I picked up the UA32D5000 for 38.5k today from the same place. Being an LED back-lighting display, its considerably thinner than the D550. I am using it as a Monitor and loving it so far.

I was quoted 30.5k Inclusive of taxes for the LA32D550 at Samsung Plaza. Its a pretty good display for the price considering its a 2011 model and a Full HD native resolution display. Media player functionality is also supposedly much much better than the Sony's. In fact I read somewhere that it puts the WD Media Player to shame. As for me, I picked up the UA32D5000 for 38.5k today from the same place. Being an LED back-lighting display, its considerably thinner than the D550. I am using it as a Monitor and loving it so far.

Congrats. So which panel did you get

@HTuser- yes i read almost all the threads but couldnt find a decisive answer so had to create this thread.
Btw my samsung plasma also doesnt read the subtitles or is there any catch like i download from the torrents so do i have to download the subtitles as well or what as i dont know the procedure. If you know kindly enlighten me,Thanks.

@lord-Thats quiet a low price in comparison to what i had been given by samsung plaza here!

Update- checked few lcds again. Was impressed most by Sony CX420 which is the full hd model.The sales guy said it can play all the formats from hd drive and the usb. Is it true?

Quoted 34990 for it. Is the price correct?
Quiet confused between the samsung model and this sony model :(

I m wary of Sony cos of its expensive parts and service when the warranty of one year is over as i had a bad experience with the Vaio laptop.

Hi Sony cx420 can play all formats. If you dont have a problem buying from grey market then the prices are bx320 - 22k, cx520 - 26k, ex420 - 31k, ex520 - 36k, ex720 - 45k. I think you need to download file .srt which should be with the movie torrent file and put it with the movie in the usb. Hope this helps. I find Sony better than samsung. Tc.

sony cx420( i have got one) usb playability is improved than earlier models of previous years but not better than samsung or lg...it's also stingy in that it does not support .dts audio nor does it read subtitle files of any kind like .srt,.sub,etc!...if u r focussed more on media playability & vfm than pq,then samsung surely gives the edge!...u can hence clearly pickup the sammy d550!

Hi!

I am using a 32" ful HD LED LG LE5500 for a month now & I can confidently say that full HD is worth it.

As you are on a budget look at the following models
1. LH LH60 - good sound.(700W pmpo - so ur parents will not have a problem) Some pieces available with LG stores if you search. Bargain hard as model has been stopped.

2.LG LD 550/650. Model is nearing its life run - so you will see some good clearance sales. LD 550 should be @ 30,000.

3. LG LE 5500 - full HD LED backlight (not edgelight) - again model is at the last part of its life run. Excellent PQ. You will get a good bargain in clearance sales. Estimate around 40-42 K.

regards

Sridhar V

Thanks for the inputs guys.
I have noted down all the model numbers and will check them again.
Will be back in a couple of days to make the final decision.

Hi,

So what decision did you finally take... if taking a 32" TV, does it make sense to go for LED over LCD. As I am only using for set-up box TV viewing I need to know if paying extra for LED makes sense, but viewing angle is an important factor in my living room

Also any info on the Grey market prices in Hyderabd will be appreciated

Thanks

i am also planning to buy it can u please tell me where will i get in grey in mumbai and is there any harm in it
my budget is around 35-36k max
so which tv would u reccomend
i want full hd as a must
Most media formats supported in pendrive or hdd
which one would u all suggest cause i had also narrowed cx420 of sony and samsung d550 any other reccomendation
And cx420 causes problem while playing mkv files is it true?

If you want most formats to be played via USB stick with samsung or lg.
You may get samsung models in grey market,for a budget of 35k you can easily get a samsung D5000 in showroom.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back