URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR MY HOME THETRE SETUP

tusharpatil

Hello friends,

i have a newly built home with a dedicated room for home theatre. My room size is 25 x 13 feet. have got 2 options ahead of me , both of around same cost

1) KLIPSCH R620F ( 2 no`s ) - floor standing towers
KLIPSCH R-52 C center
KIPSCH R-41M bookshelf speakers ( 4 no`s )
KLEPSCH DS-160 CDT in ceiling speakrs ( 2 no`s)
KLIPSCH SPL-100 SW subwoofer
MARANTZ SR5014 7.2 channel receiver
VIVITEK DH268 Full HD projector

2) ELIPSON IW 8 - 2 way speakers ( 3 no`s )
ELIPSON PRESTIGE FACET 7SR - surround speakers ( 2 no`s )
Atmos ceiling speakers - ( 4 no`s )
ACTIVE POWERED SUBWOOFER 12`` ( 2 no`s )
ARCAM AVR550 AV RECEIVER
VIEWSONIC PX747 4K projector

please help me in choosing the best option

thank you

Hello friends,

i have a newly built home with a dedicated room for home theatre. My room size is 25 x 13 feet. have got 2 options ahead of me , both of around same cost

1) KLIPSCH R620F ( 2 no`s ) - floor standing towers
KLIPSCH R-52 C center
KIPSCH R-41M bookshelf speakers ( 4 no`s )
KLEPSCH DS-160 CDT in ceiling speakrs ( 2 no`s)
KLIPSCH SPL-100 SW subwoofer
MARANTZ SR5014 7.2 channel receiver
VIVITEK DH268 Full HD projector

2) ELIPSON IW 8 - 2 way speakers ( 3 no`s )
ELIPSON PRESTIGE FACET 7SR - surround speakers ( 2 no`s )
Atmos ceiling speakers - ( 4 no`s )
ACTIVE POWERED SUBWOOFER 12`` ( 2 no`s )
ARCAM AVR550 AV RECEIVER
VIEWSONIC PX747 4K projector

please help me in choosing the best option

thank you

Between the two receivers, Arcam with Dirac Live looks more favorable though it may support 1 subwoofer whereas the Marantz will support 2. How your setup will be installed in your long room will also dictate it concerning subwoofers. This Marantz model does not support IMAX format & supports Dolby Vision. Arcam weighs (15.5 kgs) almost 5 kgs more than Marantz (10 kgs) which speaks of its build quality. Can't comment on the speakers & projector though.

Last edited:

I think you should have a sizeable budget for purchase.. For your room size you should consider and can do upto 7.2.4 Atmos set-up than 5.1.2.. Some of the AVR that you can consider is Marantz SR 6013/14, Denon x 3600, Onkyo TX RZ 730/740, Pioneer LX 503, all are 9.2 AVR with 11.2 pre-outs..

You will also need a additional power amps either 2 (or) more channel to take advantage of pre-outs from AVR to make it 7.2.4..

For speakers, choose a single bookshelf and repeat at all location if possible.. This includes heights as well.. If you prefer to go in-ceiling route than fine, you can have 7 identical speakers.. This way sound signature would remain consistent across the room..

A 4K projector must be significantly expensive than FHD.. I think you should spend more on capable AVR then on projector as sound is what makes the movie experience thrilling.. And of-course you have the liberty to add acoustics since it is dedicated room..

And any two identical sub-woofers of your choice / liking..

Don't plan for a 7 channel avr. Look at marantz 6013/6014 or the denon 3600. With the balance money finish a good 7.1 or a 7.2 set up or you can even get a good 5.2 set up first and later expand to a 7.2.4 set up.

Adding to all the above suggestions, please ensure that you have enough budget to get a very good matching center channel and one or two really good subwoofers.. those are the voices and beats of your home theater system.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back