Urgent Help on Cartridge in Mumbai

denzong

Hi Friends,

i very urgently need help on places i can buy a cartridge.

i want to buy the cartridge for my Cosmic Cogram 4000 Direct drive TT.

Need to know where to buy in Mumbai and which one to buy.

please, this is very urgent so would request quick replies

thanks a lot

Hi Denzong,

Sushil Anand of Nova Audio, Bandra, Carter Road near the Coffee Day, usually has some entry level Ortofon carts in stock. The OM5E should come to about 2k. I'm currently using it and its surprising me with its performance.

Regards

Hi Denzong,

Sushil Anand of Nova Audio, Bandra, Carter Road near the Coffee Day, usually has some entry level Ortofon carts in stock. The OM5E should come to about 2k. I'm currently using it and its surprising me with its performance.

Regards

is that with the pin and cartridge. can you please pass his no

I have bought LPs from Jithendar bhai from Borivili (see Advertisement that Sachu has mentioned) and must say he knows his LPs & TTs very well. Give him a call to check what other options he has on carts.

I have bought LPs from Jithendar bhai from Borivili (see Advertisement that Sachu has mentioned) and must say he knows his LPs & TTs very well. Give him a call to check what other options he has on carts.

i gave him a call and for shure cartridge with pin he asked me 4500. according to me thats a bit high

Spoke to Sunil Anand and he quoted 4200 for OM5E
now i am in a dilema. should i put in that amount for a cartridge or should i use that amount + the amount i would get from my cosmic and then chip in slightly more and buy a new TT.

help needed again

Yoikes! I'm lucky I got that cart years back for half the amount! Though even at 4.2k I'd still buy it.

If I were you I'd get the cart, stick with the Cosmic and then upgrade to something more than the Debut/Genie variety... and use your cart with whatever you buy then.

Regards

will got with it then. cause i would be upgrading my whole setup in max 2yrs time anyways (mostly all is new as of now).

so i am looking for a decent one at that time

now i am in a dilema. should i put in that amount for a cartridge or should i use that amount + the amount i would get from my cosmic and then chip in slightly more and buy a new TT.

help needed again

Hi Denzong,

The total sale proceeds of the Cosmic plus what you save on the new cartridge, may not get you a new TT which is significantly better than your Cosmic. Unless of course you are getting a fantastic deal on a good quality used TT. It would be a far better option to keep the Cosmic (unless it is giving you problems) and buy a good cartridge and fit it properly.

Best wishes.

got offers for following

Shure 44x7 - Rs. 2800 (from Electronic emporium)
Shure M97xe - Rs. 4200 (from Electronic emporium)
Ortofon OM5E - Rs. 4200 (from Nova audio)

now can you please help me decide.

help needed again[/QUOTE
You can buy Shure M97xe from KAB usa(kabusa.com).Price would be around $70 including shipping,its hard to beat in this price range and later you can upgrade it with SAS stylus from JICO.
Regards,
Sachin

help needed again[/QUOTE
You can buy Shure M97xe from KAB usa(kabusa.com).Price would be around $70 including shipping,its hard to beat in this price range and later you can upgrade it with SAS stylus from JICO.
Regards,
Sachin

thanks. have asked them for the paypal invoice. lets see what would be the price then

got offers for following

Shure 44x7 - Rs. 2800 (from Electronic emporium)
Shure M97xe - Rs. 4200 (from Electronic emporium)
Ortofon OM5E - Rs. 4200 (from Nova audio)

now can you please help me decide.

Hi

What kind of sound you are looking for

Shure 44x7 - Rs. 2800 (from Electronic emporium) - High good Punchy Output

Shure M97xe - Rs. 4200 (from Electronic emporium) - Very high quality sound but low output

Ortofon OM5E - Rs. 4200 (from Nova audio) - High quality sound decent output

Price seems decent for the three.

If you upgrade to a good T, I would recommend the Ortofon Concorde Electra
High quality, High output, strong stylus dropped on my Technics SLQ3 Platter no damage on checking through a Microscope. But very Exp. 6500/- to 7500/-. But one time investment plus extra stylus. :clapping:

This are box pack never used pin and cartridges but they are very old. Well in my opinion I would not buy old unused cartridges. As far as I feel the rubber bearings that hold the cantiliver of the stylus assembly gets hard with time in our weather condition. The Stylus will be stiff and will not trace the groves properly.

The above is just my opinion please no offence to anyone.
Below is what I got from the net

The bearing in most cases is a block of flexible rubber. if you hold a cart and wobble the needle with your finger, the bit that allows it to flex is the rubber suspension. Normally this would be a uniform flexing in all directions, and the type of rubber used would dictate the amount of flex. And it's this suspension that has largely determined the stability of the needle in the groove. But as you might imagine, putting a needle in a groove brings all sorts of forces into play, especially as you're trying to balance sound quality with stability. :sad: So if the rubber is very old then

I am tilting towards 44x7. The simp,e reason being, I will change my tt in about a year. So would decide on the new cartridge then.

Anyone know where to get the Denon DL-110 in Mumbai?

I've used M44-7 and Ortofon 2M Red, and looking for a change. DL-110 best suits my needs, and i've heard nothing but good things about it. If anyone knows where to get it here it would be great! If not, I'll have to buy it on eBay.. was thinking from here:

Denon DL-110 High Output MC Cartridge, Made in Japan | eBay

please share your experience about the ones you have already used

didn't like the M44-7, very "Plain" sound I felt.. also it was extra bassy without much detail.

Really loved the 2M red, in fact I would recommend it highly to you and can be bought from Mr Anand as well. Its got a really good sound, but I felt it was time to move on. I will be keeping that as my secondary cart on my Cosmic (my main TT is a JVC Ql-7). I've had the Red on for about 2 years now and listened to it on average 2-3 hrs a day, which adds up to a lot of hours of usage. I am starting to get a slight "shrill" effect in the mids and highs, especially with pianos and voices.

I have heard a lot of great things bout the denon, and looking forward to my first experience with an MC cart (albeit, a high output one)

Hi Tek,

What phonostage do you have? Would it be able to match the load impedance requirement of the Denon? A great cart indeed! Unfortunately don't think its available here in India.

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back