Urgent help required

zoozoo

My 3D bluray player, Samsung BD F-5500, connected to my Sammy tv via HDMI, is unable to connect now. TV screen shows msg as "pls switch on the source connected to this HDMI port", whenever i switch on the BD player. The BD player has one HDMI out port and one digital coaxial audio out port at the rear.
1. I have checked by changing hdmi cable between bd player and my tv but the problem remains
2. I have checked by connecting the bd player to a different hdmi port of my tv but issue remains as is.
3. The bd player switches on and off properly but i can't see anything on my tv screen.
4. My tatasky stb works pretty well using the above hdmi cable and the above hdmi port of the tv
5. I'm unable to factory reset the bd player by pressing and holding the stop button for 5 sec, as mentioned in the user manual.
What and where could be the issue? What else can be done at home before going to the technician?
All was working well till a couple of days back.
Can someone please help in guiding me ?

looks like the output hdmi port on the bdp is not working. You may have to take it to the service centre.

Using the same BDP model.
Looking at all the tests you have done it is obvious that it is not the HDMI cable issue or the TV HDMI port issue.
The BDP HDMI is not sending the output signal.
Better to check with Samsung service.

When you hit Play on the player, does it start playing? Is there sound when you connect via coaxial?

Did you try switch both off. Then switching on TV before the player and vice versa?

MaSh

When you hit Play on the player, does it start playing? Is there sound when you connect via coaxial?

Did you try switch both off. Then switching on TV before the player and vice versa?

MaSh
When i insert an audio CD, not mp3, in the bd player it plays music but there is no display on my TV screen. The music stops playing after a couple of tracks. Yes i did try various combinations of switching both together, switching on tv first etc, but it doesn't work. Is this something to do with the mismatch of tv screen resolution and bd player resolution?

When i insert an audio CD, not mp3, in the bd player it plays music but there is no display on my TV screen. The music stops playing after a couple of tracks. Yes i did try various combinations of switching both together, switching on tv first etc, but it doesn't work. Is this something to do with the mismatch of tv screen resolution and bd player resolution?
Try a hard reset, if it does't work, i think its related to the HDMI board output from the blu ray player.

No display only on Audio CD? You have display with other disks? Sorry I did not get that clearly.

MaSh

Try a hard reset, if it does't work, i think its related to the HDMI board output from the blu ray player.
Unable to do a hard reset. I'm trying by switching on the BD player and keeping the stop button pressed continously for 5 sec, as mentioned in the user manual, but it doesn't happen.:(

No display only on Audio CD? You have display with other disks? Sorry I did not get that clearly.

MaSh
I'll try to explain in brief..The BDP is connected to my sammy TV via HDMI. The coaxial audio port of the BDP is connected to my marantz stereo amplifier. So when I insert any CD/blueray disc into the BDP it emits sound only from my marantz but no pic on my TV.This sound also shuts down after 2-3 mins but the BDP remains on. Any suggestions?

I'll try to explain in brief..The BDP is connected to my sammy TV via HDMI. The coaxial audio port of the BDP is connected to my marantz stereo amplifier. So when I insert any CD/blueray disc into the BDP it emits sound only from my marantz but no pic on my TV.This sound also shuts down after 2-3 mins but the BDP remains on. Any suggestions?
Ahh got it. Only one suggestion. Head to service centre.

MaSh

I have another query. What if i don't wish to get the above bd player repaired, can anyone suggest a better product other than a bd player, which i can use to view my 3D and non 3D collection of blurays? Is there any media player available in the market which can play bluray discs? It should also be able to play audio tracks via CD or USB and off course be able to play movies via Amazon, Netflix, YouTube etc. You can also suggest good bd players too which can be used to play above scenarios. My budget is not more than INR 15K. I'm also open for used but in very good condition products. Please let your suggestions flow. Thanks.

Hi

There are a variety of media players in the market which will play from HDDs thru USB.......these may not come with a Disc player......

Some would look at a playstation or XBOX to fulfill all these requirements......matching and connections become a challenge.....

You can get a good high end Blu Ray player which can support browsing....it will cost a bit.....OLX has some Blu Ray players on sale which may meet your requirements and possibly budget......they do have the connection options you are looking out for......

Pioneer should have some models in that budget which are much better build and playback quality than the samsung models.

I have another query. What if i don't wish to get the above bd player repaired, can anyone suggest a better product other than a bd player, which i can use to view my 3D and non 3D collection of blurays? Is there any media player available in the market which can play bluray discs? It should also be able to play audio tracks via CD or USB and off course be able to play movies via Amazon, Netflix, YouTube etc. You can also suggest good bd players too which can be used to play above scenarios. My budget is not more than INR 15K. I'm also open for used but in very good condition products. Please let your suggestions flow. Thanks.

Hi

There are a variety of media players in the market which will play from HDDs thru USB.......these may not come with a Disc player......

Some would look at a playstation or XBOX to fulfill all these requirements......matching and connections become a challenge.....

You can get a good high end Blu Ray player which can support browsing....it will cost a bit.....OLX has some Blu Ray players on sale which may meet your requirements and possibly budget......they do have the connection options you are looking out for......
Thanks. What is meant by "matching and connections become a challenge'? Are there not regular connection points in PlayStation and Xbox? Also can 3D blurays be played via PS and XBOX?

Thanks. What is meant by "matching and connections become a challenge'? Are there not regular connection points in PlayStation and Xbox? Also can 3D blurays be played via PS and XBOX?

There are some members who use PS / XBOX to play Blu Rays....not sure of 3D....it could be available in specific models....

Connections can become a challenge as there are specific output ports on these gaming devices....you need to hook it to your stereo amp which does not have HDMI......connection output ports can vary from model to model.....

Unable to do a hard reset. I'm trying by switching on the BD player and keeping the stop button pressed continously for 5 sec, as mentioned in the user manual, but it doesn't happen.:(
Take it to the service center if it is still in warranty and have them inspect it .

Update: Took my BD player to Samsung service center and got it repaired. It is working fine now. The motherboard was replaced. Total money spent: Rs 3164. I feel the charges were on the higher side. But I'm happy since the issue has been resolved.
Thanks everyone who pitched in with their comments/suggestions to my highlighted issue.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back