Urgent!! Help to buy a home theatre for builder site. Have no previous experience

sharma0

Hi all,

I am very new to purchasing home theatre systems, I have taken quotations from Jamo and polkaudio dealers here in Gurgaon but all seem to be around 1.2 - 1.5 lacs. I am not sure if I am getting the value for money for the system. I have a room size of 26 x 15 ft in which i want to place a 5.1 home theatre system with a subwoofer. I have a budget of 1 - 1.25 lacs for the system with the subwoofer. Kindly suggest model numbers and brands that I can look at. Would be great help if someone can provide the dealer's contact also.
Presently jamo has suggested C405 floor standing speakers, a C400 central and 2 C401 surround speakers. The subwoofer is Jamo 650. This system has been quoted at 1.2 which I think is high.

Really confused, Please help.

More details regarding the room
1). Room Size (LxBxH) in fts : 26 x 15 x 10 ft
2). Whether Dedicated Room : (Yes or No) Yes
3). Your Main Use of HT : (Music / Movies / Both) Movies
4). What Kind of speakers : (Floor Standers / Bookshelves) Floor standers
5). Budget inclusive of : (HT Only or HT with Video) HT only
7). Is your House under construction (For Cables) : (Yes or No) YES
8). If Possible the drawing of the HT... don't have yet

First, I think you should listen to more speakers than just the polk and jamos. There are multiple threads for 5.1 systems in the 1 lakh range.

You can check my own thread from a year back. I had auditioned and found the 5.0 Jamo c605 series available at around a lakh ( I had a sub ).

Decide on your whole system and not just speakers.

What about source/avr/projector/screen/cables and acoustic treatments, do you have a separate budget for that?

Yes I have a separate budget for those. I need to put up a projector, I was recommended by someone to go for a JVC or panasonic and then (not sure about the model number) and will be investing on acoustic treatment as well.

For the 5.1 speakers and assuming you have around 1.25 as the budget. Keep 1L for the 5.0 speakers and around 25 plus whatever you can more for the sub.

For the speakers, the choices are

Jamo c607 series, you should be able to bargain a full set (2FS,1CS,2 SS) for around a lakh

Polk, there should be lots of options in the 1 lakhs range

Monitor Audio Bronze or the eqvt series could be an option

Paradigm Monitor 9 series could be another option.

PSB (check with Ashishkesarwani who is a dealer in this forum) for options.

You can do a search the forum for speaker options in this range, this will all throw up and more. Listen to all of them and then post your impressions and decide what you want to choose and if you need clarifications we can help.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back