Urgent - Is 26K a good deal for Samsung 32 - 4003 series?

kneo

An acquaintance has got himself a Samsung 32 LED (4003 series) from Singapore for 26K but wants to get rid of it as the person whom he got it for wanted Full HD, whereas this is just HD ready.

Do you reckon it's a good deal? Does Samsung India service the television that come in from Singapore if we buy some sort of AMC from them? Should one buy an AMC from them at all?

yes, the price is good. the online price is 33.5K, with bill and warranty. But please note that samsung india will not offer any AMC/warranty on it as far as i know. more over, the samsung engineers charge rs.1100/- for just visiting and checking whats wrong with your TV, incase you call them for servicing a TV out of warranty.

cheers

the HD ready is the bummer.

If you can live with the fact that your TV is 1080i and not 1080p, then go for it.

hf124201214609pm.png

Personally for a 26inch TV there isn't a lot of difference that you'd notice + HD STBs are 1080i only.

You can try to bargain a little bit, if you could get the price down by 1100, then you can get 1 free samsung visit in the kitty.

Full HD makes sense only for 40 inch and above. For 32 inch HD ready is good enough. You will hardly notice the difference.

Lack of warranty will be a big headache for you. Suggest you try the TV for a couple of days if you have the option before buying it. If not, avoid it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back