Urgent: Matching Surrounds For Bronze 5 Monitor Audio

goenkakushal

Hi,

I had almost placed the order for the Bronze 5 set of 5.1 but after looking at the size of the Bronze FX surrounds My Mom didnt want it :indifferent14:

She thinks its will look too odd in our living room as its too big and right at the eye level, unfortunately this eye level is also the ear level. I had specifically told my electrician to maintain 4 feet from ground which is lil above ear level considering it to be ideal position for surrounds :eek:

Now even I think such big FX surround may not look good at eye level. If the speakers were placed high up it wouldnt have mattered much.
:confused:

The only solution seems to be Satellite speakers for rear.

Please guide, is it all right to use Satellite for surrounds of some other brand as I dont think Monitor Audio is having any Satellites.

Which brand should i consider for Surround Satellite spkrs which will match MA Bronze 5

Yea that would be nice if my walls were white, But my walls are having wallpaper with shades of golden and brown.

Anything big I place on the wall and it will kill the look

Have you tried placing them on the wall? They would look smaller from a distance on the large flat surface of the wall. Your room is large enough to absorb them.

The fact that my sofa is touching The wall and the rear speakers are to be placed right above the sofa. So when u sit on the sofa it will right behind you.
The problem is the level at which the speakers are at really low level like around 3.5 feet from the ground.

You may be able to convince me but i won't be able to convince my mom haha

I would still say, get one FX speaker (Walnut finish, maybe?) or make a cardboard box (that's how I did it in my living room :)) of similar size and hold it against the wall and see if it works.

Else for satellite speakers, check out Morel Soundspots. Spherical speakers.

Isn't 4 feet too low for rear speakers?

well 4 feet was decided as I got recommendations for maintaining speaker height at ear level .

So 4 feet was like around a foot above when the person is seated on sofa, hence is left the wiring at that level.

What should be the correct height/.?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back