urgent suggestion required for samsung plasma tv

sai123

i want to buy 43 inches samsung plasma tv 4 series i saw 43e400 and 43e470 modes in both the features are same but e400haas resolution of 852x480 while e470 has 1024x768 and price difference is 2k i want to use tv for palying wii games watching dth channels and viewing good quality movies which one is advisable and can there be any difference felt in quality as shopvendor said that both are of same quality

I think playing games for longer duration on Plasma is not advisable due to higher risk of image retention, specially games which have most of the screen same for most of duration. IR is not that higher a risk when watching movies, tv, nowdays though.

Sanket.

I think playing games for longer duration on Plasma is not advisable due to higher risk of image retention, specially games which have most of the screen same for most of duration. IR is not that higher a risk when watching movies, tv, nowdays though.

Sanket.

what do you mean by that.this model is 2012 model and i think samsung had made some changes.so it is risk to play console games on plasma tv and what do you mean by image retention

i want to buy 43 inches samsung plasma tv 4 series i saw 43e400 and 43e470 modes in both the features are same but e400haas resolution of 852x480 while e470 has 1024x768 and price difference is 2k i want to use tv for palying wii games watching dth channels and viewing good quality movies which one is advisable and can there be any difference felt in quality as shopvendor said that both are of same quality

As you noted the resolution off 43E400 is very low. Don't buy this TV.
If you are not an avid film fan, you can consider buying an LCD instead of plasma. If your priority is for playing games and watching DTH (serials and soaps) LCD or LED is better than plasmas.

what do you mean by that.this model is 2012 model and i think samsung had made some changes.so it is risk to play console games on plasma tv and what do you mean by image retention

Though it is 2012 model, [Image retention| Burn In | Ghosting] is not completely eliminated yet and this is the most important irritant not covered under (atleast Samsung) warranty. You should download manual for any Samsung Plasma from its website and read it.

Most of the games are having screens where many pixels of the screen remain stationary and hence increases the risk of burn in / IR. Thus it is safer to play games for very short duration (half an hour or one hour I think ?) continuously on Plasma. For long duration/serious gaming LCDs are preferable.

PS: IR|Ghosting|Burn in is a possibility in LCD|LED too but very rare.
I also like gaming, but I am going for Plasma as of now and in future i will buy LCD+Console for gaming !

Though it is 2012 model, [Image retention| Burn In | Ghosting] is not completely eliminated yet and this is the most important irritant not covered under (atleast Samsung) warranty. You should download manual for any Samsung Plasma from its website and read it.

Most of the games are having screens where many pixels of the screen remain stationary and hence increases the risk of burn in / IR. Thus it is safer to play games for very short duration (half an hour or one hour I think ?) continuously on Plasma. For long duration/serious gaming LCDs are preferable.

PS: IR|Ghosting|Burn in is a possibility in LCD|LED too but very rare.
I also like gaming, but I am going for Plasma as of now and in future i will buy LCD+Console for gaming !
thanks for your suggestion and what is the lowest available price for samsung 43e40 3d plasma tv

Back