Urgent - Wharfedale 220 /Cambridge Audio Aero 2 /Pioneer SP-BS41 LR or something else

20kHz

Dear all,
I have decided to buy bookshelf speakers for my first hi-fi stereo setup.I am planning to get Norge 2060 amp and now finalizing the speakers.My budget is upto 20 K.It will be used 99.99% for Hindi music .My listening area is small.(approx 14'x12'x10')

I need your suggestions urgently as one of my friend will go to Delhi tomorrow .

I am confused between the following speakers-

1.Wharfedale 220 (Price 20K) after discount from Bass and Treble -Delhi
Currently the best budget speaker according to WhatHiFi. Five Stars! Great Reviews! Latest launch

2.Cambridger Audio Aero 2 (Almost 20K)
Very good reviews. Four Stars from WhatHiFi. New technology BMR driver spekaers! one-two year old launch.

3. Pioneer SP-BS-41-LR (Almost 17 K from AvenueSound-Special order)
Andrew Jones designed them! Very good reviews! 10 year old product !

I will be buying solely on the basis of reviews as I cannot audition them in anyway. Also suggest me any other speaker comparable to above.

I will not buy PSB alpha B1 or Pioneer BS-22 by the way.BA A26 are not available at 13.5K otherwise I would have bought it.

Please tell me which is the BEST in terms of sound quality and value for money.
Thanks

Re: Urgent - Wharfedale 220 /Cambridge Audio Aero 2 /Pioneer SP-BS41 LR or something

Go for Cambridger Audio Aero 2 it has 120 watts and 6.5" mid driver. It will be good for your amp too.

Also the price is considerable

Re: Urgent - Wharfedale 220 /Cambridge Audio Aero 2 /Pioneer SP-BS41 LR or something

This link might help: Cambridge Audio Aero 2 review | What Hi-Fi?
They have praised wharfedale everywhere, but I'm not very sure how much you can believe on it.. your ears wud the best judge. Suggesting u to try an audition of both (220 & Aero 2) and let us also know your reviews if possible.

This link might help: Cambridge Audio Aero 2 review | What Hi-Fi?
They have praised wharfedale everywhere, but I'm not very sure how much you can believe on it.. your ears wud the best judge. Suggesting u to try an audition of both (220 & Aero 2) and let us also know your reviews if possible.
Thanks for suggestion...but (sadly) as I already said Audition is not an option for me.!

Last edited:

Wharfedale 220 is a great speaker.

I understand your situation as I also was not in a position to demo.

But unfortunately my choices differ from yours. I have Marantz PM5004 with Q Acoustics 2020i. Both work well together.

But having read other posts, what I gathered was that a bright amp must be paired with warm speakers or vice versa.
This balances out so that the final result is neutral.

BUT, if there is a personal preference for bright or warm then match accordingly. i.e neutral with warm/bright.

If no preference then aim for neutral.
Later on with DAC (which is cheaper) sound signature can be changed.

Finally, Norge is said to be bright and Wharfedale as warm (I know for 9 & 10 series, not for 220).
So its a good pairing.

Hope that helped.

Thank You guys!
Just bought Wharfedale 220 from Bass N treble Delhi[/B]
Now arranging to get Norge 2060 from Mumbai!
Hope they pair well!

There are many fans of the Norge here ..Lets leave it at that : I am not one of them..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back