Urgent!!! Wharfedale Moviestar MS100 or ??

jain1980

Hi,

I am about to purchase the wharfedale moviestar MS100 5.1 speakers or Boston Acourstics XS 5.1 after audition this evening.

Have a few doubts which hopefully will get cleared here in the forums before I go for audition.

1) Are there any better 5.1 speakers in the same price category (35 to 40K) in the same small size factor as I don't have space for floorstanders or bookshelves?

2) Which receiver to go with for the above speaker range? I have been suggested Pioneer 323/523 and Yamaha basic models.

My main content would be Movies and Music (Mp3s) in 60:40 ratio. Would love if any of the receivers have Airplay built in.

My budget for speakers is around 75K for the whole system but less the better.

Thanks

Your budget is quite good for a startup system. Why don't you evaluate all options for placing bookshelves in your room. Maybe you can wall mount them. A pair of good bookshelves would give you a better output than most satellite speakers.

Your budget is quite good for a startup system. Why don't you evaluate all options for placing bookshelves in your room. Maybe you can wall mount them. A pair of good bookshelves would give you a better output than most satellite speakers.

Its actually my hall, around 10 ft x 18 ft. I don't have enough space to place the bookshelves. Even If I go for bookshelves which fit my furniture, then I would need to go in for separate center, LR and subwooder. If I go for this configuration, what set up would you suggest for each of these?

Hi jain1980

You do have a good budget. I currently use a Marantz NR 1402 with Boston Acoustic Soundware XS 5.1 in a 200 sq ft area playing it at 45% volume which is room filling. The music sounds warm, rich and with great depth. Movies are excellent...you can hear each crashing noise clearly and not jarring like some speakers....

I have used Yamaha / BOSE / Harmon Kardon / Denon / Pioneer over the past 11 years and find that nothing compares to Marantz....nowadays most AVR manufacturers don't concentrate on quality but competition and money....see the below link which also has been posted by many FM in several posts

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

NR 1402 is not available, you may get a NR 1403....HiFi Mart sells the NR 1504 Marantz + Bostons as a combo deal for 51k odd....speaker cables are separate ......There are tons of reviews and videos available on the net for you to do a research and decide....there is no harm for you to go window shopping and demo all the possible systems available and see what appeals to you and your wallet.

All the best....hope this helps....

Hi jain1980

You do have a good budget. I currently use a Marantz NR 1402 with Boston Acoustic Soundware XS 5.1 in a 200 sq ft area playing it at 45% volume which is room filling. The music sounds warm, rich and with great depth. Movies are excellent...you can hear each crashing noise clearly and not jarring like some speakers....

I have used Yamaha / BOSE / Harmon Kardon / Denon / Pioneer over the past 11 years and find that nothing compares to Marantz....nowadays most AVR manufacturers don't concentrate on quality but competition and money....see the below link which also has been posted by many FM in several posts

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

NR 1402 is not available, you may get a NR 1403....HiFi Mart sells the NR 1504 Marantz + Bostons as a combo deal for 51k odd....speaker cables are separate ......There are tons of reviews and videos available on the net for you to do a research and decide....there is no harm for you to go window shopping and demo all the possible systems available and see what appeals to you and your wallet.

Thanks..I am in confusion whether to go for the Wharfedale MS100, Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ , Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 or the Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS? All are compact speaker systems which is what I require for want of space and budget.

Anybody who has auditioned both these speaker systems?

Also which receiver should I pair them with? Yamaha V475 or Pioneer V823K? Marantz are a bit out of my budget currently.

Last edited:
Hi jain1980

How much did you pay for this combo, and from which shop did you buy these? I am also from mumbai...

Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 or the Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS? All are compact speaker systems which is what I require for want of space and budget.
SShln1

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back