USB Cable Length Problem

volkankayasu

Hello everyone,

I have KEF LS50 speakers connected to Cambridge Azur 651A amplifier. I am listening music via my Macbook and through a USB cable connected to the amplifier. I want to use my Macbook at 7-8 meters away from the amplifier without loosing any sound quality so I need a solution for that problem. I read that after 3-5 meters usb cable length the sound quality drops. There are some people suggesting to use USB hubs but I am not sure that is going to work or not?

Any solutions, suggestions and comments?

Volkan

7 to 8 meters for a USB cable is surely not a good idea

What software do you use to play your music files ?

I think using a NAA (Network audio adapter) is the best option so you don't need to use such a long usb cable and also don't move the MacBook from where it's kept

All you need is that the NAA and macbook should be on the same network

Hello everyone,

I have KEF LS50 speakers connected to Cambridge Azur 651A amplifier. I am listening music via my Macbook and through a USB cable connected to the amplifier. I want to use my Macbook at 7-8 meters away from the amplifier without loosing any sound quality so I need a solution for that problem. I read that after 3-5 meters usb cable length the sound quality drops. There are some people suggesting to use USB hubs but I am not sure that is going to work or not?

Any solutions, suggestions and comments?

Volkan

That is way too long to be wired. You need to think of a wireless solution. One example could you getting a Raspberry Pi along with a DAC and connecting that to your amplifier. You can then use Airplay to stream music from your Mac. You can explore various other solutions that will give you wireless connectivity over your local wifi network.

MaSh

By specification USB cable has a max length of 5m. You'll need some other solution to your problem.

If you have an HDMI interface in your PC and amplifier, try it out
You can also try chromecast, if your PC is wifi enabled and amplifier has HDMI input

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back