• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted USB DAC wanted. Budget: 7k INR (can increase further if its worth it)

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

marX

Hi !

Looking to replace my Xonar DX soundcard as its blocking my graphics card air circulation. Should have decent SQ. DIY DACs also welcome !

Thanks !

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

marX

I have music fidelity V90 dac award winning dac. Price 17k
Wow, 17K !

My initial budget was 7K (as mentioned in the thread heading) and your DAC is well beyond my range. Also, I like a "bright" sound signature but yours is "laid back".

marX

I have an smsl m6 for 11k.
11k is significantly more than what I was willing to pay. But, please let me have some time to think about your offer.
Buy the khadas DAC board
An excellent suggestion !
Its sort of in my budget but out of stock in AliExpress. I'm waiting to see if they would be available again.

i have yulong audio mk 2 for sale.
13k huh ?
Well above my budget !

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

marX

Objective DAC for 7k shipped. Brand New and tested.
Thanks for the offer !

I'm sort of evaluating the offers I have got. Don't expect a decision from my soon as I'm making a lot of purchases at the moment and dealing with customs :D I'm also selling stuff too.
I'm thinking more like the 3rd week of this month after all the dust settles !

But your's is the best offer I have got for sure !

yogibear

Take your time. Good luck in your dealings with Indian Customs. May be the Force with you !!!!

hifitoaster

Thanks for the offer !

I'm sort of evaluating the offers I have got. Don't expect a decision from my soon as I'm making a lot of purchases at the moment and dealing with customs :D I'm also selling stuff too.
I'm thinking more like the 3rd week of this month after all the dust settles !

But your's is the best offer I have got for sure !
Out of all the DACs here listed the best price to performance is this, but Topping D30 is still better. ;) Also the Sabaj DA3. I had a ODAC for a long time, and I know how good it sounds, but its undeniable that at its price the DACs I mentioned here are better values. I reinstate, like smart phones , last years midfi is now entry level with DACs. Although amps and speakers are a different story. The reason, is better chips itself. Most cheap DACs heavily rely on the chips in tuning more than electronics around them. Some years back there were decent chips which needed lot of electronics around them, to make it to an audiophile chip. But these days, DACs from AKM has its own selectable filters which may provide adjustments with these tunings. I currently have 3 devices as a DAC, a E-DAC, Chord Mojo and a VE Odessey. Despite the cheap price, I am surprised how well the cheap DAC Odessey is having characters of both these much more expensive devices making me feel them overpriced. It came out, may be 6 months back, while both the other devices were in market for years now.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-jdslabs-odac-rev-b-compared-to-fiio-e10k.2068/

Again be careful about system matching. From source to your ears, every component, is a part of an 'EQ' chain. Synergy matters. Room, speakers, amps, cables, DAC, your hearing, your preference, your expectation together should be your system consideration.

Last edited:

marX

Out of all the DACs here listed the best price to performance is this, but Topping D30 is still better. ;) Also the Sabaj DA3. I had a ODAC for a long time, and I know how good it sounds, but its undeniable that at its price the DACs I mentioned here are better values. I reinstate, like smart phones , last years midfi is now entry level with DACs. Although amps and speakers are a different story. The reason, is better chips itself. Most cheap DACs heavily rely on the chips in tuning more than electronics around them. Some years back there were decent chips which needed lot of electronics around them, to make it to an audiophile chip. But these days, DACs from AKM has its own selectable filters which may provide adjustments with these tunings. I currently have 3 devices as a DAC, a E-DAC, Chord Mojo and a VE Odessey. Despite the cheap price, I am surprised how well the cheap DAC Odessey is having characters of both these much more expensive devices making me feel them overpriced. It came out, may be 6 months back, while both the other devices were in market for years now.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-jdslabs-odac-rev-b-compared-to-fiio-e10k.2068/

Again be careful about system matching. From source to your ears, every component, is a part of an 'EQ' chain. Synergy matters. Room, speakers, amps, cables, DAC, your hearing, your preference, your expectation together should be your system consideration.
Yes, I have read a lot of reviews and recommendations. What I said is based on my budget. The other DACs they offered like the mdac etc are much better but cost is also more.
But yeah, most recommended dac in my price range is the Khadas Tone Board. They rate it even better than D30 and Sdac. I can get it for 7k.

narenvaidee

Have you heard the humble fiio q1 mark2? Fiio q1 mark II

I use its previous generation, the fiio q1 and find it really good in this price bracket.

MaSh
I'm considering the Fiio Q1 MKii, but I see mixed reviews. I'll be connecting the lineout to the Cambridge amplifier. Wondering if this will be a good option.

marX

I haven't heard those Fiios. I'll check them out when I get back home.

Seriously though, for a new DAC, I think I should go either for the Schiit Modi or the Khadas Tone Board according to the reviews. Regarding, the Schiit, its out of stock on headphones.in, the official dealer in India and is overpriced (11k for vs 99 usd).
But Khadas Board on the other hand, is available at Aliexpress for 7K.

haisaikat

IF you get deals of a battery powered DAC in your budget go for that of course with audition, example is of the likes of FiiO lineup, takes out the power supply induced problems right away.

SPONSORED ADS