Use phono input as line in

musiclovr

Hi.. i am new here in the forum.. i hope this is the right place to post my question.. is to possible to convert a phono input to aline in /aux in if yes please tell me how (without affecting the audio quality of course) i can give the schematic of the phono section if u need it.

Sent from my XT1706 using Tapatalk

You can try a shunt circuit like these. However I must say that the primary intention is purely to reduce your line input gain to work with the sensitive phone input (assuming its a MM phono input). However the RIAA equalization incorporated in the phono stage may cause your music to play with rolled off highs and bass boost.

mic-adapter-gif.3392

4OhhX.gif

This is a slightly more complex one:

phono.gif

Last edited:
You can try a shunt circuit like these. However I must say that the primary intention is purely to reduce your line input gain to work with the sensitive phone input (assuming its a MM phono input). However the RIAA equalization incorporated in the phono stage may cause your music to play with rolled off highs and bass boost.

mic-adapter-gif.3392

4OhhX.gif

This is a slightly more complex one:

phono.gif
At present i am facing this problem of reduced high frequency with loud bass... So the second Circuit will be better rt? If i post the schematic of phono stage will some one be able to guide me to bypass the phono preamp?.. don't know if fm s will be able to zoom it in original quality[emoji52]

I have connected my source directly at present with the volume kept low

Why try so hard and add distortion and noise for convenience? Why not add a source select box to one of the existing line ins?
Sorry mine is sansui deck which has only phono input... Will see if i can sell those and get a decent integrated amp[emoji20]

I have connected my source directly at present with the volume kept low

Do you mean you have connected a line level signal to a phono/turntable input?

If yes, then your line level signal is getting about 40 dB of unneeded gain, AND it is also passed through an inverse RIAA equalisation network. You will be over driving your amplifier and also the sound will be wrong due the inverse equalisation being applied.

You can jumper from phono input to the preamp section to bypass the phono preamp section, but this is an involved process.

Do you mean you have connected a line level signal to a phono/turntable input?

If yes, then your line level signal is getting about 40 dB of unneeded gain, AND it is also passed through an inverse RIAA equalisation network. You will be over driving your amplifier and also the sound will be wrong due the inverse equalisation being applied.

You can jumper from phono input to the preamp section to bypass the phono preamp section, but this is an involved process.
Will try to do that if i can figure out the preamp section..

Thank u all the fm for your valuable time and will try your suggestions one by one and post here...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back