• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Used AV Receiver for 5.1 Home Theater

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com

abirjin

Looking for an used AV receiver for a 1st time 5.1 Home Theater assembly. Do not require any fancy features, just a solid receiver with good output, 4 HDMI inputs and enough power for entry level speakers and sub.

Budget 10-15k.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

reachkalyan.kr

If you are looking only for AVR .
Check in eBay.in for Yamaha entry level for 22k

pvel07

Hi I have denon-x1100w.US version. Price 17k including the step down transformer. Pm me if interested.

efernand1

Still in the market for an used AVR within 15k. Thanks for visiting the thread.

Hi

Given your location and strict budget, you will need to see ads on OLX or QUIKR to get such an AVR.....there are lot of goods ones....see below

https://www.olx.in/tv-video-audio/q-avr/?search[description]=1

I would advise to check which courier delivery works well to your location and then accordingly filter ads in both these portals of the closest distance (seller location) so that you can see those AVR ads, engage with the seller and then take a decision to purchase..please do bargain as prices are not carved in stone.......not many sellers are open to shipping ...so you will need to keep hunting...all depends on how soon you want it..or you can just wait it off till one of our FM put up something in the For Sale by Owner Section.

All the best.

abirjin

Location in not an issue, I can receive delivery at Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai as well. Wish to purchase through forum members only.

MaSh

You got to Up your budget if you need anything worthwhile. At that budget, I am not sure you will get a reliable non repaired receiver. Have you got any on your list? Which speakers do you have? Have you considered a Stereo amp to get started with?

MaSh

rpmahale

You must go for a receiver which is less than 3 - 4 Yrs old with sufficient power and have minimum require features needs for today. You must have a minimum budget of 25k for such unit which is not repaired and will be worthwhile for purchase.

elangoas

You must have a minimum budget of 25k for such unit which is not repaired and will be worthwhile for purchase.

Why is it that the user's ALWAYS have to "up the budget" to get something worthwhile?.. If the user had 25K budget, he can by all means get a brand new entry level AVR.. Very recently a FM updated that he got a brand new Sony 5.1 AVR for 14K from Reliance Digital, which is less than the OP budget.. Probably the OP wasn't lucky to get that kind of a deal..

It is 101% possible to find an AVR in the OP budget & the features he is looking for.. It just take a bit of time & patience to scout for one.. If someone has limitation with budget, it is better to offer help accordingly..(The member has insisted few times in this thread abt his budget)..

Last edited:

efernand1

I would agree that you dont get quality products and every person has their own choices in hearing, connectivity requirements, features, etc...like me i am not brand conscious....as long as the amp or avr meets my performance requirement and is reliable to last for sometime with the required features where i can tweak settings......

Well i just checked, the Reliance offer is still on and this would perhaps meet entry level expectations....

@abirjin

Not sure if you can visit a reliance digital store to audition....you can refer to CNET reviews and take a call...

All the best

efernand1

Location in not an issue, I can receive delivery at Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai as well. Wish to purchase through forum members only.

With respect to purchasing from Forum members only, this will take time as some update rarely and at the expected budget, will take quite a while.

Whether you pick it from the forum or olx or anywhere else, bottomline it is an electronic, it will may work well for a demo and for sometime...every electronic has its own shelf life and based of what kind of components is the avr made of, there is no guarantee of the same failing .....so be mindful of this fact and you cannot hold the seller (be it individual or dealer) responsible as they would have made adequate disclosure of the performance and condition in their ads.provide demo before purchase.

We always recommend to demo the same or ask a trusted knowledgeable friend or relative to do the same on your behalf if the product is not being sold in the same location. With whatsapp and other social platforms, performance videos and photos can be shared in real time (video calling) to satisfy you before purchase.

Hope this helps....