• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Used / New DAC

Rega

ashishkesarwani

Wanted Used /New DAC
Choices
Beresford 7510
or Beresford 7520 caiman
or Cambridge Audio DAC Magic.

Ashish.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

spirovious

new Beresford can be ordered online & the owner(stanley)is member of hifivision.PM him.

CA is available @ local CA dealors.Currently not available though.

ashishkesarwani

I called up FX entertainment today and they said that its out of stock and they are also not sure whether it would be avaliable in a month's time or not.

ashishkesarwani

new Beresford can be ordered online & the owner(stanley)is member of hifivision.PM him.

Yes I know that and I am also open to that route but it would also attract custom duty which I want to save by buying even used. Eventually if nothing works out then I will have no choice but to order it online.

Last edited:

gvenu

Hello Ashish,

I do not know about the quality of the said dac as I haven't listened. Looking forward for your visit to my place for listening tda1541a.

rgds,
Venu

ashishkesarwani

Hello Ashish,

I do not know about the quality of the said dac as I haven't listened. Looking forward for your visit to my place for listening tda1541a.

rgds,
Venu

As I have been able to test out the Beresford 7510 in my setup and it was sounding perfect so I went for it's step up model which has better components. Thanks for your invitation, I am also eager to audition your setup, will let you know before coming to your place.

nmurthyk

Congratulations Ashishkesarwani,

And How did you get that price? Using their website or did communicate with Stanley Beresford over the phone/mail/pm ?

Please let me know the details as I am also looking to buy that DAC.

regards,
nmurthyk

ashishkesarwani

Congratulations Ashishkesarwani,

And How did you get that price? Using their website or did communicate with Stanley Beresford over the phone/mail/pm ?

Please let me know the details as I am also looking to buy that DAC.

regards,
nmurthyk

There was a link posted for the same on the discussion thread of " Which Beresford to buy" and after clicking on that link I placed an order for the same directly. Please go through this thread to find the link http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/5216-beresford-buy-4.html
Go to post no. 38 by Stanley Beresford himself and there you click on this link Digital Audio
I hope this helps.
Ashish

cooltoad

Aashish, How much you'd end up paying in Rs. including customs and other charges?

nmurthyk

I also ordered the Caimen DAC.
I paid around Rs.15,300/- for it (excluding the customs). I also interested to know how much i have to pay for customs. BTW how & where should i pay this customs duty?

Does anybody know how much time it takes for it to reach here (Hyderabad).
Stan told me that he will ship it on monday.

Regards,
NMurthyK

ashishkesarwani

Aashish, How much you'd end up paying in Rs. including customs and other charges?

I have paid around 15600 after conversion from pound to rupee and about the customs part I don't know about it yet as I am yet to recieve the product and it takes around 10-15 days from UK to get an item in India, from my previous experiences I expect a customs duty of around 36% of the total cost of the item unless and until Stan has under-invoiced it, then in that case its upto the Customs Officer to levy whatever duty comes to his mind.

ashishkesarwani

I also ordered the Caimen DAC.
I paid around Rs.15,300/- for it (excluding the customs). I also interested to know how much i have to pay for customs. BTW how & where should i pay this customs duty?

Does anybody know how much time it takes for it to reach here (Hyderabad).
Stan told me that he will ship it on monday.

Regards,
NMurthyK

Since Stan would be sending it through Royal Mail UK so it would be delivered through your local post office and the duty part would be collected by your postman at the time of delivering your parcel itself. Expect to pay around 36% customs duty on the full value of the parcel declared and it takes around 15-20 days to get the same to your city i.e Hyderabad in your case.