• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Used sound card with optical out.

AV Cables

heyraj

hello friends. i want a used budget sound card with optical out. interested FM please pm me with price and model. my av receiver does not have hdmi arc. so i will connect (PC with soundcard's optical out) to av receiver's optical. if any other better option available for this. please suggest.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

MaSh

Does your pc and receiver have hdmi? If they do, why not connect the pc to receiver via hdmi and then another hdmi from receiver to TV ? Why complicate matters.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

heyraj

Sir. my receiver does not support hdmi arc. so for audio have to use optical connection. i want to connect desktop cpu to av receiver. any option other than analog or optical?

MaSh

Does it support simple hdmi? That is enough. If it does, then that's better than any other analog or optical connection.

MaSh

heyraj

yes sir. it support simple hdmi means no audio only video then how can i get audio from pc to receiver? please suggest

dr_rocket

Simple HDMI=audio+video. Video passthrough to display and audio routed to speaker. HDMI arc of value only if you play something in smart TV (or TV stick connected to TV) and want to get the audio to AVR and speakers through the HDMI port and cable.

MaSh

yes sir. it support simple hdmi means no audio only video then how can i get audio from pc to receiver? please suggest
Oh really? Is that in the receiver manual? I do remember some of the old onkyo and few other brands had such a hdmi feature which supported only video. It was during the times when hdmi was a new thing. If that is the case with your receiver then you can look at Amazon for some hdmi splitters and converters. I had posted one such device on another thread there the device had an hdmi input and hdmi output along with optical out. Maybe you can use such a device.

MaSh

heyraj

Yes. It is old avr. Which has only video out in hdmi. May you share a link of that thread. My another question is which one give better sound quality optical with sound card or hdmi splitter and optical combo.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

MaSh

Yes. It is old avr. Which has only video out in hdmi. May you share a link of that thread. My another question is which one give better sound quality optical with sound card or hdmi splitter and optical combo.

Hdmi is over and above every other digital medium. It's digital so the quality is largely dependent on the quality of source, destination and the medium itself. Digital is just ones and zeroes.

Okay, I'll try to find it later today. If you are on a computer, just look through the threads in this section.

MaSh

heyraj

Yes sir. But if i use splitter than splitter also has optical option so i have to give audio from optical so i will get audio and video from this splitter device. Then it will give sound quality if optical or hdmi . So what you say splitter option give better quality than just use a sound card with optical option. Sorry for ling question.

MaSh

Sir.Its Teac DG 2000

I guess this was the one Wiistar Hdmi To Hdmi And Optical Sp...B01298BX60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cNi3zbCVZS09N

Do explore all your options before committing on something. I would suggest you upgrade your receiver with hdmi audio video support. This should give you better quality than any other splitter, sound card, etc. Arc is a feature which is present in almost every receiver launched in the past 2-3 years.

MaSh

heyraj

You are right sir. But then i have to spend more. Bcz splitter or sound card is cheaper than upgrading avr. I will definitely upgrade in future. But right now i have to choose between these 2 option for sound.

dr_rocket

Ok I got this from FAQ of the webpage of receiver TEAC AG-D2000: The HDMI "IN" connectors on the AG-D2000 are simply "pass through" paths to the HDMI "MONITOR" out port which sends the HDMI signal to your TV. To get the audio from the HDMI components to play through the receiver's speaker outputs, separate audio connections must be made.

Hence definitely you need something for the audio. I would go for the ASUS Xonar DG which I mentioned earlier

heyraj

asus xonar dg. ok sir. does any dac can be serve as sound medium for my purpose. if yes any suggestion under 5000. and does it support 5.1 channel sound for av receiver. and what will be best sound card or dac?

dr_rocket

asus xonar dg. ok sir. does any dac can be serve as sound medium for my purpose. if yes any suggestion under 5000. and does it support 5.1 channel sound for av receiver. and what will be best sound card or dac?
If I understand correctly, you are looking for a DAC to position between PC and AVR. Is it for movies or music? Sound cards have inbuilt DACs. The ASUS Xonar DG also has DAC which outputs through the analog outputs. You can check for yourself whether this or the AVR's DAC is better.

For better USB DAC (2 channel) you need to spend at least 10-15K (Audioquest dragonfly) or higher.

For movies, standalone 5.1 DACs are not readily available. Bluray players can double up as DACs but for bluray player with good DAC you will be looking at OPPO 203 which costs 75k.

So for now you should stick to the sound card.

MaSh

Okay now I am confused. What exactly are you looking for? Stereo or multi channel? Your receiver has multi channel input? The device I linked, has an option for 2 or 5.1 channel. Compare its specs to a sound card. Both have their own positives and negatives. Pick what suits your needs best.

MaSh

heyraj

Sorry for making confusion. I thought dac can be use for 5.1 channel. My main purpose is movies. And i want to use multichannel audio from pc. Thanks Mash and Dr Rocket for your valuable knowledge and suggestion.