User friendly?Sonos vs Squeezebox vs Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 vs Marantz CR502 etc

munrid

Hi all,

I wonder what is your opinion on the human/machine interaction on those devices (streamers - please expand the list of any ones you use).

I had a chance to play with the Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 in the store and was so surprised that a simple thing like finding an online radio from a different country took me so long... just to find out that this radio was unavailable for some reason - that was a bit frustrating, what do you think about that?

I have also noticed that the remote seems to be a bit of a mess. I know that there is an iPhone app that helps, but what about the people without iPhones?

Hmm, I think if anyone who has a chance to use those could share their opinion on the user interface, like what is good/ bad about it (and why?), do you have any tips and tricks how to make operating those more efficient? That would be well appreciated.

Re: User friendly?Sonos vs Squeezebox vs Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 vs Marantz CR502

Hi,

What about quality and price ?
I am not sure if adding devices is really a good idea. For example , instead of spending 15-30K on these devices will it not be better to buy a networked receiver from Onkyo/ Denon and the receiver pulls the data on dlna ?

I think increasingly these components will come built in into the receiver.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back