As you will know from my thread on the best speakers under 20k, I found the Usher S520s (that cost anywhere between 22k and 24k depending on your bargaining skills) to so far outclass anything under 20k that I decided to go in for them. They are superbly detailed, with a ruler-flat frequency response, airy treble, smooth midrange and tight, authoritative bass. No mid-bass bump or any tricks here to colour the sound. I continue to believe that this is the best value that you can get in this price range by a long way. Reviewers in virtually every magazine that has reviewed it have showered praise on these speakers, and I'll just paste an excerpt from the goodsound review by Thom Moon below:
And one more thing worth considering in all this is that for the reviewers this is a 480 USD speaker, and they are comparing it to other speakers in the 500 USD bracket, almost all of which are 30k and above in India, so Usher's pricing policy also adds to the incredible value that it offers.
My Ushers - Condition etc.,
My Ushers have performed flawlessly from September 2009 onwards, when I bought them from ARN Systems. They are finished in a gorgeous dark red wood veneer and are superbly built for speakers in this price range. They are in pristine condition as you can see from the photographs and have been kept and cared for in a pet free, child free, food free (yes my wife is obsessive) and by and large dirt free environment. It is available with full box, packing materials and paraphernalia. The speakers have been fully broken in (i would very roughly estimate about 200 hours of play) and sound exceptional. They are front ported so there is a lot of placement flexibility as well.
Reason for Sale
As you would have guessed, the reason is an upgrade. The upgrade is to a speaker from a higher price bracket, and even in that price bracket it slays speakers far more expensive. I will reveal more once I've tied up some loose ends. Perhaps I'll have a stevie style riddle thread.
The new price of these babies is anywhere between 22k and 24k like I said, and this is comparable exactly to the price at which they sell in the US. As these are in pristine condition, have been carefully used only for 8 months and are available in its original packaging, I am looking for 18k for these.
I am happy to drop these off anywhere in Chennai. I will not ship it anywhere else. I could consider bringing it to Bangalore, but I would seriously prefer not to.
Prospective buyers are free to audition the speakers, but if there is a buyer who agrees to pick it up quickly without an audition, I may be compelled to give him priority.
I've photographed them from every possible angle that you would want to see them, and you can see the condition that they are in on this picasa album.
The post on the amplifier will follow shortly.
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Please consider making a voluntary donation to help towards the running of HiFiViSION.COM
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.