V-Guard Digi 200 Smart for HiFi system

Nitin K

Hi,
I have been using this stabiliser for a year now & I am based in Mumbai. I have observed that when the input voltage shows 235 V the output shows 213 V. Sometimes the output voltage drops to 210 V. So far there have been no issues but I don't want to wait for something to happen.
My query is whether this low output from the stabiliser is ok since my subwoofer & TV connected to it is rated at 230V or is it detrimental. I can understand the equipments can take 10% variation up or down.
Also if most of the equipments are operating at around 220 to 230 V in India why dosen't the stabiliser output in that range. I am fed up of contacting Vguard customer service & writing emails to V-guard regarding this query as they are unresponsive. Hence any advice pertaining to this would be highly appreciated.

Hi,
I have been using this stabiliser for a year now & I am based in Mumbai. I have observed that when the input voltage shows 235 V the output shows 213 V. Sometimes the output voltage drops to 210 V. So far there have been no issues but I don't want to wait for something to happen.
My query is whether this low output from the stabiliser is ok since my subwoofer & TV connected to it is rated at 230V or is it detrimental. I can understand the equipments can take 10% variation up or down.
Also if most of the equipments are operating at around 220 to 230 V in India why dosen't the stabiliser output in that range. I am fed up of contacting Vguard customer service & writing emails to V-guard regarding this query as they are unresponsive. Hence any advice pertaining to this would be highly appreciated.
The best way to protect your hifi is by getting a servo stabilitzer like vertex not the regular v guard or so. Sometimes it's annoying, that the servo part is bit loud, but still need of the day it provides more linear power thereby reducing the stress on equipment. I ditched my v guard for this reason.

Fully agree with you but was apprehensive bout the noise the Servo makes while playing music. Thanks for your input
hifitoaster. Finally I got a call from VGuard an hour ago & the technician told me that it was normal for the stabilizer to go low as per the input voltage & it won't affect the equipment connected to it. It can go low till 200V & then goes into safety mode. But honestly I don't know the implication of this on the gear connected to it.

Fully agree with you but was apprehensive bout the noise the Servo makes while playing music. Thanks for your input
hifitoaster. Finally I got a call from VGuard an hour ago & the technician told me that it was normal for the stabilizer to go low as per the input voltage & it won't affect the equipment connected to it. It can go low till 200V & then goes into safety mode. But honestly I don't know the implication of this on the gear connected to it.
I have been using a lower version rated at 3A which doesn’t even show the output. It’s been a year and no issues with my Denon. And also I used Yamaha Yht299 for 3 years with the same and it’s still working so no need to worry I guess unless you have a lot of voltage fluctuation. I thought of getting the vertex voltage stabilizer but it’s to bulky almost at the size of a 12 inch sub and weighs around 25kg so I didn’t get it.

Hi Love4sound, good to hear from you. Even I was apprehensive about the size & weight of Vertex hence had gone for the Digi 200 smart. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Hi Love4sound, good to hear from you. Even I was apprehensive about the size & weight of Vertex hence had gone for the Digi 200 smart. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Even I ordered digi smart from amazon but they delivered digi supreme waiting for replacement

Some users on Amazon have complained about receiving another model instead of the Digi 200 smart. But Amazon does a good job of exchanging it. Pls note that 2 pin plugs of any equipment don't fit firmly in the 2 pin sockets provided on the stabilizer. Besides the 2 pin sockets on the stabilizer are too close to each other so you may not be able to insert 2 plugs in both the sockets.
I have connected a Targus power strip which comes with 4 multi purpose sockets & 2 USB charging ports in the 3 pin socket which holds it firmly. Also the Digi smart 200 comes with a 16 Amps plug. Hence you may need a 5 to 16 Amps converter or have a 16 Amps socket for the stabilizer to connect. I am using it on a 16 amps socket.

Some users on Amazon have complained about receiving another model instead of the Digi 200 smart. But Amazon does a good job of exchanging it. Pls note that 2 pin plugs of any equipment don't fit firmly in the 2 pin sockets provided on the stabilizer. Besides the 2 pin sockets on the stabilizer are too close to each other so you may not be able to insert 2 plugs in both the sockets.
I have connected a Targus power strip which comes with 4 multi purpose sockets & 2 USB charging ports in the 3 pin socket which holds it firmly. Also the Digi smart 200 comes with a 16 Amps plug. Hence you may need a 5 to 16 Amps converter or have a 16 Amps socket for the stabilizer to connect. I am using it on a 16 amps socket.
I will use it in the same way i am using the current stabilizer

Any time, a servo stabilizer does a great job in feeding constant 230V power supply to your AV equipment. I have been using 5kVA servo stabilizer at present, to power all my AV gears (TV, AVR, 2 power amplifiers, subwoofer, BD player, sound bar, sound bar subwoofer, STB & some LED lightings, together consumes roughly 3000W)

I was planning to go for Digi 200 from VGuard which gives ~1700W (1.7kVA). But such compact power sources are good to feed power for one AVR / BD player / 55" TV. Servo stabilizers would always make sure the output power ~230V is always fed from the varying input power supply 170V - 270V and supports as many devices as possible.

Size wise it would be compact for most users but is on the heavier side (25kg) due to their transformer sizes. Keep it at a safe place and you are all set. From my personal experience, I would strongly recommend go for it because you can be worry free and it will safe guard your AV equipment from surge and leaks. And from my experience I have not heard any noise while using the servo.

If space and size is not a constraint, servo stabilizers are better choice than usual small sized stabilizers.

Last edited:
All the plug points in my home are connected to Microtek sinewave inverter for uninterrupted power. Now, I have connected my Digi 200 to one of those plug points and my 4k TV and media streaming device to Digi 200 through a surge protector. Yesterday, I have observed that when power goes and comes the Digi 200 as well as the TV switches off and on. So I'm thinking in the same way if I connect my AVR to Digi 200, it will also switch off and on when power goes. Would it be detrimental to the AVR to switch off and on, will it harm the AVR?

All the plug points in my home are connected to Microtek sinewave inverter for uninterrupted power. Now, I have connected my Digi 200 to one of those plug points and my 4k TV and media streaming device to Digi 200 through a surge protector. Yesterday, I have observed that when power goes and comes the Digi 200 as well as the TV switches off and on. So I'm thinking in the same way if I connect my AVR to Digi 200, it will also switch off and on when power goes. Would it be detrimental to the AVR to switch off and on, will it harm the AVR?
My neighbor has a microtek inverter connected to his sony 55 inch tv and sony HT. When power goes the tv restarts but the blu ray player stays on. Not sure about the AVR. Why dont you connect your avr, switch off the current and see if avr restarts? I am on the hunt for an inverter that can prevent avr restart during power cut so will be help ful.

There'll be a UPS mode and Normal mode on your inverter(you need to check in your model, my V-guard has it). Switch to UPS mode and this won't happen

My neighbor has a microtek inverter connected to his sony 55 inch tv and sony HT. When power goes the tv restarts but the blu ray player stays on. Not sure about the AVR. Why dont you connect your avr, switch off the current and see if avr restarts? I am on the hunt for an inverter that can prevent avr restart during power cut so will be help ful.
Mine (V-guard DU plus) has a UPS/Normal mode. In UPS mode this switching won't happen.

Yes it is. Thats the nature of how Digi 200 would be working. Is your Digi 200 under your UPS? If yes, move it to main line so that if there is a power cut the device is Off and does not provide any power to equipment. The turn around time for the stabilizer varies between models. In the case of servo stabilizers, it will not switch on any device in the interim unless it gets the power.

Ok nice so during power cut I can expect my avr, sub, Tv, nvidia shied or the blu ray player to stay on during a power cut?
Yes. After I switched to UPS mode, my plasma TV and marantz stereo amp stay ON during power outages. No switching

No my Digi 200 is connected to one of the power points in my HT room.

Usually a thumb rule would be to have them connected in 15A plugs and in main line. Any time don't connect your voltage stabilizer under an inverter. Inverter takes huge load for voltage stabilizers when the power is back from power cuts and not advisable for your AVR as well.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back