V guard digi plus smart

Love4sound

I want to give my feedback on this product as it is popular here in the forum. This is absolutely a crap product for HT. In my location there is no voltage problems just for precautions I went for this product seeing positive reviews in forum. This has a digital display showing both input and output. My input readings are always between 220-240. But output is always in 200-215 range. I registered a complaint and had vgaurd technician visit my place. I asked him why even when input is 225-230 it is giving output of 205-210. He told me looking at my setup sir first of all this product is not at all recommended for Amplifiers and av receivers. Second that the product itself is tuned in such a way to reduce 15-30 volts from the input. So even when input is 220 it sometimes reduces it to 210 or 215. And From his statement if it is designed to reduce 15-30 when input is at 240 I should get 210-220 output and even then I get 205. He clearly said don’t use this product for such expensive set up like this and that it is only meant for Tv, blu Ray players and basic HTIB set up.

I want to give my feedback on this product as it is popular here in the forum. This is absolutely a crap product for HT. In my location there is no voltage problems just for precautions I went for this product seeing positive reviews in forum. This has a digital display showing both input and output. My input readings are always between 220-240. But output is always in 200-215 range. I registered a complaint and had vgaurd technician visit my place. I asked him why even when input is 225-230 it is giving output of 205-210. He told me looking at my setup sir first of all this product is not at all recommended for Amplifiers and av receivers. Second that the product itself is tuned in such a way to reduce 15-30 volts from the input. So even when input is 220 it sometimes reduces it to 210 or 215. And From his statement if it is designed to reduce 15-30 when input is at 240 I should get 210-220 output and even then I get 205. He clearly said don’t use this product for such expensive set up like this and that it is only meant for Tv, blu Ray players and basic HTIB set up.

Fully agree with you Love4sound. In Mumbai also voltage is stable at approx 230-235. This unit generally gives output voltage between 217 -213 & sometimes goes down to 210. even when voltage is at 230V to 220. I have called up the Vguard helpline & sent emails to them asking them to explain this but have never received a proper reply.
I too would not recommend this product for serious HT or expensive equipment. After using it for more than a year, It seems way off. I would rather take my chances without it.

Fully agree with you Love4sound. In Mumbai also voltage is stable at approx 230-235. This unit generally gives output voltage between 217 -213 & sometimes goes down to 210. even when voltage is at 230V to 220. I have called up the Vguard helpline & sent emails to them asking them to explain this but have never received a proper reply.
I too would not recommend this product for serious HT or expensive equipment. After using it for more than a year, It seems way off. I would rather take my chances without it.
Yeah but I am little hesitant to use it without a stabilizer. I have space but have allocated it for a xtz dual. Now in dilemma wether to go for dual xtz or vertex

Yeah but I am little hesitant to use it without a stabilizer. I have space but have allocated it for a xtz dual. Now in dilemma wether to go for dual xtz or vertex

Go for Vertex if it is not noisy & if your room space permits it. I have connected my receiver through a Targus spike guard to the mains for almost a year. It has a 1000 joule rating though may not be totally safe in case if there is a major fluctuation.

So this unit is a voltage reducer/attenuator :)
Cheers,
Raghu

Not sure if it is an attenuator or what since it trims voltage as per its whim without any benchmark.:) Honestly speaking can't really figure out what it does.

Man just buy the vertex. I have 2 of them. One for a ht setup one for stereo. Only downside is they are big in size. I had shared names and numbers also before. If u still need it let me know I’ll share again.

Man just buy the vertex. I have 2 of them. One for a ht setup one for stereo. Only downside is they are big in size. I had shared names and numbers also before. If u still need it let me know I’ll share again.
I have the contacts. The thing is if I get the Vertex won’t have space for another xtz. So I need to decide dual sub or vertex hahaha

Completely agree with your review. I have already faced the same issue and finally returned it as I had ordered it from amazon. In my area there is no issue of voltage fluctuation, but as a precaution I bought it, It took 3-4 days to notice that, while there was input voltage 230V, the output was 210V, because of which my Velodyne sub was not turing on, I thought there's some issue in my power cable, but after experiments got to know that crap feature of this stabiliser.

Yes,
It is hard to digest but the reality is most of the budget stabilizer will be having 2 - 3 set of tapped winding in single transformer which the voltage will be selected in - between the windings (terminals)- between normal voltage(recommended),higher voltage ,lower voltage .but again if the recommended input voltage matches where nominal and actual cases they fail to keep the normal winding in few models where the idea of keeping stabilizer fails.
It works and it is succesfull for most of the cases since ppl opt for the cases where they have Higher voltage in their input.

If you go for high end stabilizer (Carbon /similar) brushes runs around the winding which can select the required voltage according to that input.
AFAIK .

Vertex helps you to stabilise the voltage output right, does it clean the electricity? I’ve read the vertex has some filters inside them, does it show real improvement in sound and other dimensions?
How about just buying a good power strip with the same filters if we have stabilised voltage? What’s your opinion on this ?

Vertex helps you to stabilise the voltage output right, does it clean the electricity? I’ve read the vertex has some filters inside them, does it show real improvement in sound and other dimensions?
How about just buying a good power strip with the same filters if we have stabilised voltage? What’s your opinion on this ?
No matter how good the power in our location is there is no guarantee for a brief second once or twice a year or even more then twice we won’t get a sudden spike or dip in voltage. A power strip With a good stabilizer is always safe

You are being penny wise pound foolish. Get a vertex stabilizer. Protect your equipment. Put the subwoofer on the ceiling like @elangoas has done.

Oh boy. I recently got this stabilizer too mainly to prevent the sudden backup generator switch over. I do see the display however, at full load the variance is very less. The variance increases when the load is less.

MaSh

How does this work? Spiderman subs?

Ha ha.. I had made a wooden structure on ceiling to hold two passive subs, heights and provision to hold absorption on ceiling..

Md0C6pw.jpg

More pics on this thread - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...in-ceiling-subwoofer.68753/page-4#post-800318

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back