valve Radios and valves

Pandu Rajan

Dear Friends

I am a radio hobbyst and restore valve radios mostly Philips. I have around 15 radios both Holland and Indian make Philips. Many a times I am in need of different types of valves. I shall be grateful if somebody can tell me the source where I can get the valves. I am based in Bangalore.

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Friends

I am a radio hobbyst and restore valve radios mostly Philips. I have around 15 radios both Holland and Indian make Philips. Many a times I am in need of different types of valves. I shall be grateful if somebody can tell me the source where I can get the valves. I am based in Bangalore.

Regards

P.Rajan

Hi, Rajan, welcome to the forum. Do you have any Philips Bi-Ampli radios of Holland in perfect condition for sale?
Thank you.
Regards.

Welcome Rajan.

be3amplifiers.com based out of Mumbai is a source. Though he will not have all types...but very helpful though...

By the way I have read a lot about your restoration works...good to have you in our midst...

Hi, Rajan, welcome to the forum. Do you have any Philips Bi-Ampli radios of Holland in perfect condition for sale?
Thank you.
Regards.

I have one,under restoring.

Dear Friends

Regards

P.Rajan

There is a valve seller in lamington road, Mumbai and i also know one dealer who is selling vintage valve radios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Regards.
Thanks to all the members.
Dear Mr. Sunder

Philips Holland make Bi Ampli Radios did not come much in India because Philips India had started making BI ampli Radios from 1957. Most of the Bi Ampli radios were with 800 ohms speakers. I have the following radios with me which are fully restored. I do not sell them. All Have been restored from junk conditions.

1. BX665X - 1947
2. BX765X - 2nos- 1948
3. BX798X - 1949
4. B6CA37A - 2nos - 1964
5. B6CA58A - 1966
6. B6CA77A - 1959
7. B6CA97A - 1960
8. B6CA98A - 1961
9. 15RB708/00S - 1970
10. B6CA38A Radio Gram It was bought new in 1965.
"X" denotes Holland make

15RB708 was the only stereo radio made by Philips India. Whereas Philips Holland made many of the stereo sets. I have restored this set foe few of my friends but the main problem is the Volume control. It is dual volume control of value 1.7M + 500K. and this is not available any where. Philips Holland also used this volume control in many sets but there also this is not available.
One of my friends has this set in Hyderabad and in that also the volume control is defective. Without this it is no use restoring the set. Philips India used this value only in all there valve sets.

While restoring the sets I follow the rule that the radio set must be restore to its original condition and no modifications should be carried out.

In case members desire I can post the photos of the sets which I have restored.

Regards

P.Rajan

There is a valve seller in lamington road, Mumbai and i also know one dealer who is selling vintage valve radios.

Dear Mr Shafic

Is it possible to get the address or the Tel NOs?

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Friends

Regards

P.Rajan
Hi P.Rajan
Do you have Philips Valve Radio (Model Prestige) dial glass plate in good condition.
RADIOS -PHILIPS-GEC-TELEFUNKEN -MURPHY-VALVE TYPE-OLD in Bangalore Everything Else on Bangalore Quikr Classifieds
Model is like this in first picture in above link.
Thanks and regards

Dear Mr. Sunder

Philips Holland make Bi Ampli Radios did not come much in India because Philips India had started making BI ampli Radios from 1957. Most of the Bi Ampli radios were with 800 ohms speakers. I have the following radios with me which are fully restored. I do not sell them. All Have been restored from junk conditions.

1. BX665X - 1947
2. BX765X - 2nos- 1948
3. BX798X - 1949
4. B6CA37A - 2nos - 1964
5. B6CA58A - 1966
6. B6CA77A - 1959
7. B6CA97A - 1960
8. B6CA98A - 1961
9. 15RB708/00S - 1970
"X" denotes Holland make

15RB708 was the only stereo radio made by Philips India. Whereas Philips Holland made many of the stereo sets. I have restored this set foe few of my friends but the main problem is the Volume control. It is dual volume control of value 1.7M + 500K. and this is not available any where. Philips Holland also used this volume control in many sets but there also this is not available.
One of my friends has this set in Hyderabad and in that also the volume control is defective. Without this it is no use restoring the set. Philips India used this value only in all there valve sets.

While restoring the sets I follow the rule that the radio set must be restore to its original condition and no modifications should be carried out.

Regards

P.Rajan

Rajan, thank you for the detailed post. Once we had one Philips BiAmpli (Holland) mono in our home during Golden Era-60's, I cant forget the luxurious tube sound, Piano key buttons and Laquered wooden cabinet!!! WOW! The Spekers were covered with cloth bag as we couldnt see the cone paper from the rear side. Rajan, which models of the BiAmpli do you like for the sound quality?
Thank you.

Dear Mr. Sunder

1. BX665X - 1947
2. BX765X - 2nos- 1948
3. BX798X - 1949
4. B6CA37A - 2nos - 1964
5. B6CA58A - 1966
6. B6CA77A - 1959
7. B6CA97A - 1960
8. B6CA98A - 1961
9. 15RB708/00S - 1970
"X" denotes Holland make

Regards

P.Rajan

Pandu,
Its a blessing in disguise to have you here!
I have a Bush Valve Radio which I had given to Linzer Radio to service after one of our forum members recommended. Big Mistake! Radio was lying with him for almost year and half and he was not able to even fix it.
Will you be able to have a look at my radio & restore it if possible? Please let me know

800 Ohm speakers:eek: Never heard of them before!!
My Philips AG 9015 valve amp has output connectivity for 800 ohms speakers. Amazing sound. There is one guy making 800 ohm winding. All he needs, old Philips (radio) type Alnico mag drivers, at least 8 inch.

Dear Mr Shafic

Is it possible to get the address or the Tel NOs?

Regards

P.Rajan

Sure sir, nice chatting with you,will send tel nos by tomorrow.

Hi P.Rajan
Do you have Philips Valve Radio (Model Prestige) dial glass plate in good condition.
RADIOS -PHILIPS-GEC-TELEFUNKEN -MURPHY-VALVE TYPE-OLD in Bangalore Everything Else on Bangalore Quikr Classifieds
Model is like this in first picture in above link.
Thanks and regards

Dear Mr. Hiten

The following prestige models were manufactured
1. 15RB505/00Z - 1969
2. 15RB525/00Z - 1971
3. 15RB525/11Z - 1972

In all the above the sets there were some changes in the Dial.
It will be difficult to get the dial but you may get an old set from which the dial could be taken out. I have to try.

Regards

P.Rajan

Hello P. Rajan,
My model no. is 15RB505/00Z. My glass plate is intact but has developed bubbles. Here is a BW picture.
8tjo.jpg

I need plate without any bubbles. I have put Thinner on printed part (See small top right corner) It removed the bubbles but found it risky as paint flakes may come off. I have also made the exact replica artwork and was going to screen print it. But its little cumbersome work.
Regards

Dear Mr. Hiten

Philips India produced tree models of prestige.
1. 15RB505/00Z - 1969
2. 15RB525/00Z - 1971
3. 15RB525/11Z - 1972

The dial glass in all the three is different. The dial glass could be obtained only from a scrap set. If you want I can try. May be the radio set will have to be purchased.

Regard

P.Rajan

captain saab in those vintage philips radios with 800 ohm speakers there will be no output transformers . the impedence of the speaker itself will act as an output transformer .

Yes, that's right. No requirement for output transformers. However these speakers were only good for in-cabinet mounting and not for external baffle mounting because of HT in the speaker cables. I have also seen some vintage speakers with a electro-magnet.

Dear Friends

Regards

P.Rajan

Two weeks ago, I came across a person wanting to sell these valves. I was told these U series are mainly used in AC/DC radios and hence dropped the plan of buying it

Here is the title and quantity in brackets.

Models code (qnt)

6j5g (1)
Pure RF amlifire (1)
25z6 audio rectifire (1)
SA 7 RF (1)
Triode Amplifire (1)
UCL89 (1)
UL84 (1)
UCH81 (11)
UCH42 (1)
UF89 (5)
UL84(4)