• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Vehicle Search: From Maruti Suzuki AMT to Amaze VCVT

raghupb

Not really . Just that I do not want ppl to be misled into thinking and ending up buying a product just because a few happen to be fanboys of a particular manufacturer or product . If one does not agree with the views ,then you are given an infraction because your English is bad . The forum is heavily moderated and off late I believe manufacturers sponsor activities
OK. Fair enough.
I have not visited that forum in a while.
Cheers,
Raghu

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

yogibear

Knee is more important than driving pleasure.
If possible, stretch budget and get a good engine/gearbox combo.
Otherwise, compromise and get basic convenience.

Knee surgery in later years is not only a hassle, but frickin' expensive.
And this is not just cost of surgery. It is staying at home for a month or so.

Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks, yes I agree. Its for my left knee that should be rested now after 20 years of driving stick shift. Though its a nagging and recurrent ligament problem which refuses to heal. Fresh from college, 20 years back I extensively drove Willy, with petrol engine substituted by Mahindra DI and off roading, which seasoned off-roaders will not dare drive. And today I cannot comfortably push its clutch.

Today, test drove both Baleno CVT and Jazz CVT. Latter being superior. Amaze Petrol CVT was not available for test drive though looks a good option for the price. I hated interiors of Baleno. Looks slick from outside and ugly from inside ! Visually, an onlooker's car and not owner's !!!

yugaaa

The baleno should be marginally better on the fuel.efficiency inside the city .on highways the jazz should be more efficient driving at highway driving speeds

Akshit2111

Given the condition of traffic these days automatic shud be a no brainer. You are not investing for just one day u are investing for a long period. Should go for automatic car. I bought manual few months back and many a times i repent my decision. Driving a car like innova crysta automatic in city traffic in delhi feels like a breeze. If you are looking at dezire zdi then in my opinion honda city/verna/vento automaticv wud be a far better option. Buy basic automatic model, dont go for higher models if budget is a constraint. Infact go for amaze automatic. Its far superior to dezire. :)

yogibear

Given the condition of traffic these days automatic shud be a no brainer. You are not investing for just one day u are investing for a long period. Should go for automatic car. I bought manual few months back and many a times i repent my decision. Driving a car like innova crysta automatic in city traffic in delhi feels like a breeze. If you are looking at dezire zdi then in my opinion honda city/verna/vento automaticv wud be a far better option. Buy basic automatic model, dont go for higher models if budget is a constraint. Infact go for amaze automatic. Its far superior to dezire. :)
Yes, leaning towards Amaze automatic petrol. It looks slick in red !!! Dzire AMT is no competition to Amaze CVT.

Akshit2111

Yes, leaning towards Amaze automatic petrol. It looks slick in red !!! Dzire AMT is no competition to Amaze CVT.
Absolutely. Infact i was almost certain of buying amaze until the guys at honda roped in a massive 1 lakh rs discount on jazz :p
Also since amaze and jazz both being almost equal in length jazz turned out to be more spacious and its dash seemed more luxurious. But nevertheless many appreciate a three box car.

MaSh

God decision. Rule out any Maruti for now. They are not worth it. Did you check out the VW Ameo?

Not really . Just that I do not want ppl to be misled into thinking and ending up buying a product just because a few happen to be fanboys of a particular manufacturer or product . If one does not agree with the views ,then you are given an infraction because your English is bad . The forum is heavily moderated and off late I believe manufacturers sponsor activities
Let's not Police too much. Each one should take the views, carry out your own research and decide for yourself. Same goes for this forum too. Almost every What to but thread will advice buyer to Audition and then buy. There is no need to voice disagreement in the first place. Accept view, don't like it, move on.

Regarding the knowledge of language on that forum, there is a reason, they are a huge forum, global reach, manufacturers follow them and that's one of the ways they try to maintain the quality. That's something I cannot say for this forum. So let's not bad mouth other forums and leave each one to judge by themselves.

MaSh

yogibear

Absolutely. Infact i was almost certain of buying amaze until the guys at honda roped in a massive 1 lakh rs discount on jazz :p
Also since amaze and jazz both being almost equal in length jazz turned out to be more spacious and its dash seemed more luxurious. But nevertheless many appreciate a three box car.
Wow ! That’s a huge discount ! Jazz is so nice ! Surprisingly quite a big bootspace for the hatchback ! Drives smooth and I did not miss the peppy feel of my good old VDI manual.

Akshit2111

Thanks, yes it is. Though a recurring ligament problem.

Took a ride of

Wow ! That’s a huge discount ! Jazz is so nice ! Surprisingly quite a big bootspace for the hatchback ! Drives smooth and I did not miss the peppy feel of my good old VDI manual.
adding on to that. Initial 5000 kms felt absolutely sluggish and now i see it improving with each day. was coming from swift vdi. petrol in this segment wont compare to any diesel in terms of peppiness. But jazz diesel is the fastest hatchback given its engine and weight. Atleast thats what the papers say :p

yogibear

God decision. Rule out any Maruti for now. They are not worth it. Did you check out the VW Ameo?

Let's not Police too much. Each one should take the views, carry out your own research and decide for yourself. Same goes for this forum too. Almost every What to but thread will advice buyer to Audition and then buy. There is no need to voice disagreement in the first place. Accept view, don't like it, move on.

Regarding the knowledge of language on that forum, there is a reason, they are a huge forum, global reach, manufacturers follow them and that's one of the ways they try to maintain the quality. That's something I cannot say for this forum. So let's not bad mouth other forums and leave each one to judge by themselves.

MaSh
VW people sounded depressed around my place. Will call them again for a test drive.

God forbid, but still if there are any last time glitches, I will simply pick the Maruti Dzire ZXI manual and drive home.... I hope that does not happen.

SPONSORED ADS

raghupb

Thanks, yes it is. Though a recurring ligament problem.
Do not underestimate the damage a recurring ligament problem can cause.
My wife had a sports injury when she was 16. At the time it was brushed off as a sprain, even by doctors.
Then after 15-20 years it stated acting up and was eventually diagnosed as an ACL tear and meniscus tear.
She used to suffer from knee buckling; would just collapse at times.
Had to undergo surgery twice. Once to fix the meniscus tear as we could not go in for full ACL surgery.
Then again when she could afford a break from work, full ACL surgery.
She was out of commission for 4 weeks; then physio and exercise.
Took almost 1 year for her to get her confidence back, even though physically everything was fixed.
After this we decided only automatic cars.
Yes, we ended up buying a bit above what we planned for but no regrets.
Please, please give automatic serious consideration. Our city traffic ain't gonna get better.

Edit: We need you giving gyaan on HFV and not worrying or nursing your knees.

Cheers,
Raghu

celester340

I just tried the new swift AT, its ok no where I can compare it to my Jazz CVT.
All AT will come with some sort of laging
I don't think uve driven a auto dsg, otherwise you wudnt have said that. The dsg when changes 7 gears will not even flinch or stutter one bit. U will not feel a single jerk or lag.

MaSh

VW people sounded depressed around my place. Will call them again for a test drive.

God forbid, but still if there are any last time glitches, I will simply pick the Maruti Dzire ZXI manual and drive home.... I hope that does not happen.
Yeah they can be a pain at times. Yes get a test drive and decide.

If you happen to go the manual route, check out the Ford freestyle. It's an amazing car with a lovely engine and transmission combination. Do check it out.

MaSh

yogibear

My wife had a sports injury when she was 16. At the time it was brushed off as a sprain, even by doctors.
Then after 15-20 years it stated acting up and was eventually diagnosed as an ACL tear and meniscus tear.
Had to undergo surgery twice. Once to fix the meniscus tear as we could not go in for full ACL surgery.
Took almost 1 year for her to get her confidence back, even though physically everything was fixed.
Please, please give automatic serious consideration. Our city traffic ain't gonna get better.

Cheers,
Raghu
Recent travelling forced a break but physiotherapy will be again starting soon for me. Thanks for sharing your experience. Much appreciated.

Took a test drive of top Amaze automatic petrol model. The dealer brought a brand new for me. I can say Baleno does not compare to it.

DSG from VW is way too expensive for me.

I am not sure if Hyundai has any DSG within my spending limit.

Ameo automatic comes only in diesel.

Cheers,
Raghu
Raghu,

My gyan on audio is limited to be shared but I do so with all enthu. However I do specialize in precious gemstones, so if anyone needs help, advice or opinion, please feel free to ask, anytime....

Regards,
Samir.

Last edited:

Vinay2013

Consider Honda Jazz. Well within your budget and excellent experience. Pocket friendly maintenance.

+ Musical name :)

Edit: Sorry did not follow that Jazz was already in discussion in earlier posts.

Last edited:

yogibear

With jazz you can have open baffles speakers you get that much space compared to amaze
Ha ha ha .... That’s a revelation !!!!

But Amaze has a bigger bootspace, enough to store all the full range drivers collection for a fast swap ! The current figure tops at 12 dozen pairs of them !

And add to that: half a dozen tube amps....

I wish to Thank all great guys on the Forum for their overwhelming prompt response, advice and for sharing their experience.

I booked the Honda Amaze, V-CVT, Petrol, pearl white. Hope to get the delivery early next week.

Last edited:
SPONSORED ADS