• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Vehicle Search: From Maruti Suzuki AMT to Amaze VCVT

rikhav

Congrats on your new car
If possible get the tyres changed right when it's out if showroom
Any tyre dealer should give a good deal.
Don't oversize it as you would have warranty related issues
I installed new primacy 3st tyres in my ecosport by exchanging the factory tyres and paying extra INR 10,000/- which is not bad I feel
I changed all the 5 tyres

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

yogibear

Congrats on your new car
I installed new primacy 3st tyres in my ecosport by exchanging the factory tyres and paying extra INR 10,000/- which is not bad I feel
Benefits ?

Congrats on your new car
The option for upgrade to Michelin is there but for 175/65 R15, the choice is Michelin Energy XM2. Worthy of upgrade ?

rikhav

Benefits ?
Mostly in budget cars manufacturer prefers to give tyre which has maximum life but low on braking and grip relatively

If car will be used say around 10000 kms a year Michelin xm2 is good choice but Michelins have tendency to crack after 5 years . So say you use 15000 kms in 5 years the tyre is difficult to use after that.
It's all relative.
Generally a tyre is advised to change after 5 years but say a Bridgestone or a JK would become very hard rather then start cracking so it still can be used but won't perform as well

See what options you have in Bridgestone too or wait till you know what comes from factory and then upgrade

It's not absolutely necessary but I tend to choose better tyres. The use might be once in few years but if better grip avoids an accident that upgrade is worth it

Also that does not mean it will get you out of all bad situations ;)

But a better tyre with more grip and slightly lesser life is my preference

yogibear

Awaiting to see what I get with the car. Will go for upgrade else.

zoozoo

I wish to Thank all great guys on the Forum for their overwhelming prompt response, advice and for sharing their experience.

I booked the Honda Amaze, V-CVT, Petrol, pearl white. Hope to get the delivery early next week.
A big congrats. Do write a review of your new car once you bring it home.

Raghu,

My gyan on audio is limited to be shared but I do so with all enthu. However I do specialize in precious gemstones, so if anyone needs help, advice or opinion, please feel free to ask, anytime....

Regards,
Samir.
This calls for starting a dedicated thread on gemstones. Your advice will be highly appricated

Hi Yogibear,

I guess its too late to help you, but I also have an AMT (brezza) which I purchased very recently. but anyone else whom it can help..
The Brezza AMT definitely less smooth than a CVT, but i think for the brezza they have remapped the throttle response, so it's much easier to modulate without much jerkiness. My other car is an 8-speed auto, so I understand smooth. Versus the baleno, it was similar on a light throttle application, but the moment you gun both cars the difference was apparent. our reasons for purchase were
1. Auto
2. Safety (4 star or more)
3. Peace of mind (reliability, service)
4. Ground clearance
5. easy to maneuver

the brezza is the only one that ticked all the boxes. the Creta did too, but there was no crash test data, and I am a bit suspicious of hyundai build quality (i am of Maruti as well, but NCAP tests don't lie)

all the best with your Amaze.

Kapil
Thanks Kapil.

I took test drive of top manual model of Brezza. I was apprehensive of the automatic in diesel with Maruti. The manual did not impress me much and interiors were average. I dunno may be their test model was all used up. About driving experience, it felt similar to my Dzire VDI which I have kept in top running condition so Brezza did not appear any special. Yes, the AMT could be more responsive in Brezza coz of its superior turbo charged diesel engine compared to K series Petrol in Dzire which was sluggish and annoying. Baleno CVT had ugly interiors and I felt like sitting inside a pit with an overwhelming rubbery dash board.

The top model of Amaze CVT comes with R15 tyres and has 7mm more ground clearance than the current Dzire. Interiors are better than current top model Dzire and CVT is much more responsive than the Dzire AMT. Boot space is also more though I don’t carry much stuff. After my Esteem it’s my first Petrol car after so long and I hope to have lesser maintenance headaches. Will NOT ever buy a diesel. Scala in the stable will be next to go out in next year to be replaced by a petrol.

This is what I could fish out for new Honda Amaze on NCAP ratings:

Different from the first-gen Amaze, this second generation new Honda Amaze is based on an all-new stage, which will serve as a platform for the future models. That implies it is prepared to match the future crash security standards which will get considerably stringent come October 2019. To adopt the required crash-worthiness, the entire body structure has been enriched with thicker cross sections and more grounded crumple zones. The good thing is this hasn’t come at the cost of weight, and, truth be told, is lighter by just about 40kg, owing to the utilization of high-tensile steel, that is known to be lighter and stronger than traditionally pressed steel panels.

Last edited by a moderator:

yogibear

A big congrats. Do write a review of your new car once you bring it home.
This calls for starting a dedicated thread on gemstones. Your advice will be highly appricated
Sure I will.

About gemstones.... Yes, I can pen down a few things as how to not get cheated. And what’s happening in today’s world.

bobbyprajan

If car will be used say around 10000 kms a year Michelin xm2 is good choice but Michelins have tendency to crack after 5 years .
In my experience XM2 gets hard after 4 years and progressively becomes worse. There were no cracks or cuts though. I recently had to change my XM2s for new ones because of a vibration in steering that just wont go away even after a series of alignments at different tyre shops.

SPONSORED ADS

yogibear

In my experience XM2 gets hard after 4 years and progressively becomes worse. There were no cracks or cuts though. I recently had to change my XM2s for new ones because of a vibration in steering that just wont go away even after a series of alignments at different tyre shops.
Thanks for the feedback. Noted.

yogibear

Finally Amaze VCVT comes home. Negotiated 95k discount. Thanks everyone for advices and wishes.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2019 to all ! May your Audio Dreams / Endeavors get fulfilled in 2019 and Audio God smiles at you !!!

kapvin

Hi Yogibear,

I guess its too late to help you, but I also have an AMT (brezza) which I purchased very recently. but anyone else whom it can help..
The Brezza AMT definitely less smooth than a CVT, but i think for the brezza they have remapped the throttle response, so it's much easier to modulate without much jerkiness. My other car is an 8-speed auto, so I understand smooth. Versus the baleno, it was similar on a light throttle application, but the moment you gun both cars the difference was apparent. our reasons for purchase were
1. Auto
2. Safety (4 star or more)
3. Peace of mind (reliability, service)
4. Ground clearance
5. easy to maneuver

the brezza is the only one that ticked all the boxes. the Creta did too, but there was no crash test data, and I am a bit suspicious of hyundai build quality (i am of Maruti as well, but NCAP tests don't lie)

all the best with your Amaze.

Kapil

kapvin

Thanks Kapil.

I took test drive of top manual model of Brezza. I was apprehensive of the automatic in diesel with Maruti. The manual did not impress me much and interiors were average. I dunno may be their test model was all used up. About driving experience, it felt similar to my Dzire VDI which I have kept in top running condition so Brezza did not appear any special. Yes, the AMT could be more responsive in Brezza coz of its superior turbo charged diesel engine compared to K series Petrol in Dzire which was sluggish and annoying. Baleno CVT had ugly interiors and I felt like sitting inside a pit with an overwhelming rubbery dash board.

The top model of Amaze CVT comes with R15 tyres and has 7mm more ground clearance than the current Dzire. Interiors are better than current top model Dzire and CVT is much more responsive than the Dzire AMT. Boot space is also more though I don’t carry much stuff. After my Esteem it’s my first Petrol car after so long and I hope to have lesser maintenance headaches. Will NOT ever buy a diesel. Scala in the stable will be next to go out in next year to be replaced by a petrol.

Regards,
Samir.
I have the same view on diesel for most part. For most of the driving the brezza will go through, (short distances, slow traffic), a NA petrol makes most sense (And we would have purchased a petrol brezza Auto in an instant). But for a larger car / over longer distance, suddenly the diesel case is more persuasive. A turbo-diesel does not make you pay "performance tax" at the fuel pump the way a petrol does. My other SUV has a 3.0l diesel and the mileage is almost double that of an equivalent petrol when driven hard.

I really never considered the Amaze based on service experience on my mom's civic, and I think now, it might have been a mistake. Lets see what NCAP does to increase / decrease my buyers remorse. :)

yogibear

I have the same view on diesel for most part. For most of the driving the brezza will go through, (short distances, slow traffic), a NA petrol makes most sense (And we would have purchased a petrol brezza Auto in an instant). But for a larger car / over longer distance, suddenly the diesel case is more persuasive. A turbo-diesel does not make you pay "performance tax" at the fuel pump the way a petrol does. My other SUV has a 3.0l diesel and the mileage is almost double that of an equivalent petrol when driven hard.

I really never considered the Amaze based on service experience on my mom's civic, and I think now, it might have been a mistake. Lets see what NCAP does to increase / decrease my buyers remorse. :)
Agreed. For long distance driving diesel makes sense. Current diesel SUV have incredible mileage. Was reading about Marazzo by Mahindra. First impressions looks great !!!

yugaaa

This is what I could fish out for new Honda Amaze on NCAP ratings:

Different from the first-gen Amaze, this second generation new Honda Amaze is based on an all-new stage, which will serve as a platform for the future models. That implies it is prepared to match the future crash security standards which will get considerably stringent come October 2019. To adopt the required crash-worthiness, the entire body structure has been enriched with thicker cross sections and more grounded crumple zones. The good thing is this hasn’t come at the cost of weight, and, truth be told, is lighter by just about 40kg, owing to the utilization of high-tensile steel, that is known to be lighter and stronger than traditionally pressed steel panels.
The wind noise is very much there in the amaze . The car is not built as sturdy as a Fiat or an European car . These NCAP ratings I would not take them very seriously . In fact higher the NCAP more the expenses in maintenance . The frontal parts are designed to absord more damage and even with a small crash , radiator , intercooler , bumper all get damaged . This is from my personal experience with using a Fiat and a S-cross .

The amaze petrol auto is an excellent choice compared to the diesel . THe diesel is an all aluminium unit and Honda is not really into diesels so reliability is suspect .
Regarding tyres , the OEM supplied tyres are more than enough for city driving , but if they need to be changed , pls have a look at Hankook , apollo . The pricing is very reasonable and offer better performance than michlein . Michlein have softer side walls . In case of replacing , pls upsize so that the drive is much more comfortable .

rikhav

The energy absorbed is better rather then tansfering it to the passenger area and have a fatal effect.
We have only one life

Tyre upsize voids warranty

yogibear

I took 5 years warranty so will do best as long as it’s not void. I will too have my reservations with a Honda Diesel engine.

After I booked my Amaze and by the time took the delivery in next 3 days, the dealership got inundated bookings on the Petrol CVT and well before the end of year, all automatics are sold out in my city. There are none in company stock.

SPONSORED ADS