Vertical lines in LG scarlet

av_bond

Hi since 1-2 weeks whenever i switch on my TV (LG Scarlet 42") bought from , half of the screen is filled with multi-coloured vertical lines (right side).

have lodged a complaint today with LG.

Any idea what could be the problem?

The TV is 1 yr 4 months old only.

Thanks

can be issue with cable that connect to lcd or the lcd panle itself ..check for any magnetic material nearby.. but major doubt goes for the cable inside or the loose circuits..

also specify how these lines looks..
just like a distortion or
u are unable to see the pic in the affected area..
also what colours and
if any dead pixels are also there
are these lines static or just flickring..

if static can be issue with the panel if dynamic(flickring or moving can be cable/circuit issue inside)

seems to be issue with the cabling between the circuit board and the panel.. needs a tech to open it and check..

it can be the panel (not likely to happen)
controller board circuit to panel(most likely)
or loose transistors or capacitors on the baord it self.

Last edited:
the LG engineer visited and said that he cleaned some carbon deposit. he also said that had the lines started coming on the whole screen, panel would have had to be replaced....very surprised really....i just wonder how can this happen after just 18 months of use?.....will never buy LG again...

the LG engineer visited and said that he cleaned some carbon deposit. he also said that had the lines started coming on the whole screen, panel would have had to be replaced....very surprised really....i just wonder how can this happen after just 18 months of use?.....will never buy LG again...

Carbon deposit? Is he a CRT TV technician?

COLOR="Purple"]very surprised really....i just wonder how can this happen after just 18 months of use?.....[/COLOR]QUOTE]

I too had panel problem with my LG 42" Scarlet just after 13 months. After 13 months I just saw two vertical black lines (just 1 pixcel thick) at each edge of the screen(about 3" from left edge and 1cm from right edge). The picture was not affected in anyway but the line is visible only if you go close to the TV and from the normal viewing distance we cannot notice it at all.
Since I have a extended warrenty contract (Rs.12000 for 3 yrs) they aggreed to change my panel for free. But the real problem staretd after the panel change.
From that moment itself the picture started giving problems. I think they changed some old panel (but comes in a box pack as new). Since I complained again they took the TV to the service center. After 1 month of daily follow up and numerous calls to various level of people in LG service chain they brought back the TV but still it is not 100% satisfactory pic.
So I complained again, now they have took the TV back to the service center again. This time I insisted on a back up unit to be placed in my home so they have given a Plasma TV as stand by and the Scarlet has to come back yet.
The date of first complaint is 23rd of April 2010. The problem has not been solved yet to my satisfication. I started hating this Scarlet now.

Regards
Siva

I have an LG du42py10x plasma, 4 years old, out of warranty with maybe 200 hours on it. Now 1/2 the picture had rainbow vertical lines. I called LG they told me to unplug it and push power button for 40 seconds. after which I turned it on and the left 1/2 of the screen which was vertical rainbow lines is now black. I paid $3k for it, I realize they are probably $500 now. Anybody have any ideas on what I should do? Replace Repair?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back