Very urgent, JDS Labs willing to reship, please help

cyber_cat

Hi,

Please refer to this thread http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/47468-please-help-missing-amplifier.html.

Now I have sent them photos and they are willing to reship since the package was tampered. Now I have 4 options.

1. USPS First Class International
2. USPS Priority Mail International
3. USPS Express Mail International
4. FedEx International Priority

I used last time USPS First Class International and this resulted in the package contents being stolen.

Now my question is what is the safest to get it shipped again.

Any other way other than those 4 options listed above ?

Please understand I don't want to go through the hassle of lost package again. I would rather not have them reship.

Is FedEx my best bet ?

Looking at you older post, I guess its not the courier guys who "stole" your product. Its the Indian customs or Indian Postal Service who did that. Unfortunately you don't have any control over your items once it lands in India and goes to the postal customs department. I was lucky to get some shipment from US through USPS as the Bangalore postal customs department was nice. But you cannot guarantee the same service from them always.

The best bet is to get in touch with the postal customs department as soon as you know that your package has arrived in India.

I think it all depends on your luck :(.

-John.

select one with a tracking number facility.

that will help you track on a daily basis.

I was thinking that no matter what option you choose, it always ends up with postal customs for international package and then they send the package through Indian postal service. I though the last mile was always done by Indian Postal Service for international packages.

-John.

select one with a tracking number facility.

that will help you track on a daily basis.

From my experience, the tracking has no meaning once it reaches Indian Postal Customs. After that no one cares to update the status. You have to call the Postal customs department and follow up yourself. Had a recent experience with buying my HT screen material from Carl's place in US and finally I had to go o the Bangalore postal customs office and get my item cleared. Once its cleared, they were not willing to hand over the item to me. They asked me to wait for the local post office deliver the item to my address and I had to pay the duty in the local post office. However, the whole transaction was smooth and I got my items without any issue. Funny thing is that my item arrived in India after 2 days from US and then it took close to 20 days for me to get the item in hand as customs guys held it.

-John.

Looking at you older post, I guess its not the courier guys who "stole" your product. Its the Indian customs or Indian Postal Service who did that. Unfortunately you don't have any control over your items once it lands in India and goes to the postal customs department. I was lucky to get some shipment from US through USPS as the Bangalore postal customs department was nice. But you cannot guarantee the same service from them always.

The best bet is to get in touch with the postal customs department as soon as you know that your package has arrived in India.

I think it all depends on your luck :(.

-John.

I too had suspected this, so I went to the local post office. I asked if customs has withheld. They denied this fact. They told me the item may have been stolen by Railway Mail Service.

My question is, if it was confiscated by customs, wont the post office be notified or me getting and intimation letter. Should I go now and check at the postal customs.

Ask for FedEx shipment.

USPS has tie up with Indian post so not a good option

Will FedEx packages be delivered through Indian Postal Service or directly to me.

You have to call the Postal customs department and follow up yourself.
-John.

John, I am still clueless about this. Should I have gotten tracking numbers and moment it had landed in Bangalore gone to the Indian Postal Customs.

Can you go the Borderlinx way? It will be costly though. But would be best bet and quite safe.

I am contemplating this now. If this gets me the goods, I will surely go through this route.

I too had suspected this, so I went to the local post office. I asked if customs has withheld. They denied this fact. They told me the item may have been stolen by Railway Mail Service.

My question is, if it was confiscated by customs, wont the post office be notified or me getting and intimation letter. Should I go now and check at the postal customs.

Will FedEx packages be delivered through Indian Postal Service or directly to me.

John, I am still clueless about this. Should I have gotten tracking numbers and moment it had landed in Bangalore gone to the Indian Postal Customs.

I am contemplating this now. If this gets me the goods, I will surely go through this route.

With my recent experience, I was tracking my package online and it was delayed in the customs for a week and called them up and they asked me to come to their office in Cubbon road. There the officer estimated the tax and cleared it the package immediately. After 3-4 days, I got a call from local post office to come and collect my package and pay the duties in Cash. I went to the local post office, paid the duties and got my stuff. My item was just a screen cloth and these guys were not interested in that. So I think I got lucky. But the funny thing is that after another week, I got the letter from customs department asking me to come to their office for clarifications. Well the customs guys do send you a letter if they have some doubts about the item and the letter will reach you after 3-4 weeks after the item reaches their office. If they are okay with the item, then they will clear it soon and hands the package over to the local postal department for delivery. I have heard horror stories about Indian customs and post service playing the spoil sport and stealing your goods. Unfortunately, we can't help it buddy. I lost some BluRay discs I ordered from Amazon UK this way. Lost in transit :).

-John.

FedEx will deliver directly. They should be coordinating the customs clearance also. For my recent import through DHL the DHL guy called me and informed me about the duty amount and took my consent for paying the same. The amount was collected from me at the time of delivery

Thank you all for posting.

jagdish and sid, thanks for clarifying about FEDEX.

koushik, I will talk to JDS about borderlinx option.

One more thing guys, is it worth spending another ~5 K to reship this amplifier or should I just forget about this matter. 10K already being spent, would not like to lose out on more money.

Thank you all for posting.

jagdish and sid, thanks for clarifying about FEDEX.

koushik, I will talk to JDS about borderlinx option.

One more thing guys, is it worth spending another ~5 K to reship this amplifier or should I just forget about this matter. 10K already being spent, would not like to lose out on more money.

I would say if you can find somebody to hand carry it from US it would be the best tracking that you can get. As it is very portable I think carrying it in the hand baggage would be very easy. Otherwise in my opinion another 5k for shipping alone would be too high to your original cost of the item.

I feel very sorry to know about this.

I think you can consider the borderlinx/aramex option.

By paying 5k on shipping you will be able to recover your amp worth 10k, otherwise 10k is also gone or else JDS labs is ready to refund.

This is a very sad story.

JDS are a company that seem to be willing to go out of their way to help customers, but I wonder how many disappeared items to India they will be willing to replace?

When I bought my ODAC, I noticed that the trackable, courier options add a very large amount to the cost, so I held my breath and selected ordinary post. My item arrived after 16 days with no problem. Phew.

I'm not sure that these items cost enough to pay duty? But anyway, with post, it seems there is a certain lottery: some stuff just gets through, examined or not, with no charge ---whereas with the big international couriers, they just charge. Maybe they act as agents of the customs?

I would say if you can find somebody to hand carry it from US it would be the best tracking that you can get. As it is very portable I think carrying it in the hand baggage would be very easy. Otherwise in my opinion another 5k for shipping alone would be too high to your original cost of the item.

Mani, the main reason I went for USPS due to cost. I guess it was a mistake.

The amp costs a significant amount if you add shipping and customs and was not keen on it, comes up nearly double

I feel very sorry to know about this.

I think you can consider the borderlinx/aramex option.

By paying 5k on shipping you will be able to recover your amp worth 10k, otherwise 10k is also gone or else JDS labs is ready to refund.

Amit, it comes more that 5K man I have not included customs, I will ask for a refund, I dont know they will agree,

This is a very sad story.

JDS are a company that seem to be willing to go out of their way to help customers, but I wonder how many disappeared items to India they will be willing to replace?

When I bought my ODAC, I noticed that the trackable, courier options add a very large amount to the cost, so I held my breath and selected ordinary post. My item arrived after 16 days with no problem. Phew.

I'm not sure that these items cost enough to pay duty? But anyway, with post, it seems there is a certain lottery: some stuff just gets through, examined or not, with no charge ---whereas with the big international couriers, they just charge. Maybe they act as agents of the customs?

Thad, John at JDS is good guy to deal with. Tracking and FedEx don't seem to make JDS products attractive, and if you pay customs, it is going to be nearly double the price.

* JDS is asking me to consider shipping about FedEx since it is costing 90 USD. I don't want to go thru USPS/Indian Postal Services and risk losing it
again. I better wrap it up and forget the whole thing.

Also, I have downgraded from a full version to PCB version and take the loss assuming that handlers/sorters are pinching ready to use products. Considering the size and finish quality of this amp, it was an easy target.

I feel the most feasible option now is either Borderlinx, though pocket heavy, or a refund. What do you guys think ?

has anyone tried shipping from India ,any audio component through EMS of indian post,how safe it is.or any other cheaper safe option to send cd player for reoairs to USA.

I had ordered ODAC on 26th sept.Still waiting for delivery.This is making me so nervous :(
I hope this thread has a happy ending.

Keep us updated !

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back