• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Vibration isolation for Dali Zensor 3

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

Kumar442244

Hello Fellow members,

I planning to buy a pair of vibration isolation pads for my Dali Zensor 3.

Thought of posting it here and see if i can get something at reasonable price before venturing into new stuff.

Kindly let me know if there is anything available.

I am currently located in Bengalore.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

jls001

Are you looking for a soft footer or a hard footer? Asking, because the sound signature produced by the two types can be very different.

manniraj

I have got some small 10x10cm cork pads from Tanotis site many years back for my Zaph audio bookshelf speakers to isolate the vibrations as I did not have separate stands and was using the TV stand. They do the job well. So I would suggest you can try those and see if it helps. Not sure where you can buy locally but you can try your luck. Look at the below links:

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/isolating-the-speakers-from-their-shelves.26789/

http://www.anchorcork.net/anti-vibration-cork-pads.html

Or even better try out using the mouse pads as some online reviewers were using it :)

Kumar442244

I have got some small 10x10cm cork pads from Tanotis site many years back for my Zaph audio bookshelf speakers to isolate the vibrations as I did not have separate stands and was using the TV stand. They do the job well. So I would suggest you can try those and see if it helps. Not sure where you can buy locally but you can try your luck. Look at the below links:

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/isolating-the-speakers-from-their-shelves.26789/

http://www.anchorcork.net/anti-vibration-cork-pads.html

Or even better try out using the mouse pads as some online reviewers were using it :)

Thanks Manniraj,

I am in the similar situation. Looking for some budget solution as of now.

jls001

Need to improve the mid and high range. What would you recommend?

Try brass cones to clean up highs. They will also clean up mids and tighten the bass. However, it could also harden the highs. I've experimented with all sorts of footers below speakers, electronics, and TT - including coiled springs, thick foam, brass cones, ceramic ball based footers, and I feel one really needs to try it out. All of them will change the sound. Only the end user can decide if the change is good or bad.

Below speakers I find anything soft always ends up producing poorly defined bass, though bass weight itself increases. Hard coupling like bearing ball based footers or brass cones below speakers tighten the sound, giving better focus to the music.

But these two observations for speakers are hardly universal as soft footers and hard footers behave differently below electronics and turntables.

Since we're discussing speakers here, is your speakers bookshelves or floor standers? What is the current support you're using?

Kumar442244

Thx jsl001 for the explanation
Appreciate it.
I have dali zensor 3 which is placed directly on the TV unit. Any recommendations of product on brass cone isolator?

tuff

I have used isoacoustics isolation stand's and they work amazing tightening up all frequencies. Look up YouTube comparison videos, just to get a hint.

JayaRaa

Thx jsl001 for the explanation
Appreciate it.
I have dali zensor 3 which is placed directly on the TV unit. Any recommendations of product on brass cone isolator?

Start with placing the speakers on stands, your current positioning is highly undesirable

Kumar442244

Start with placing the speakers on stands, your current positioning is highly undesirable
Agree JayaRaa and hence the pursuit.

Both space and budget is a constraint and hence looking for an alternate solution.

Would go for a cheap one initially and later when budget permits, will buy a good one.

Kumar442244

I have used isoacoustics isolation stand's and they work amazing tightening up all frequencies. Look up YouTube comparison videos, just to get a hint.
Thx tuff.

These are really good stands but out of my budget currently.

JayaRaa

Agree JayaRaa and hence the pursuit.

Both space and budget is a constraint and hence looking for an alternate solution.

Would go for a cheap one initially and later when budget permits, will buy a good one.

Sadly, the best solution(stands) will be the most fruitful one to invest in time & money wise rather than all other band aid ones am afraid. A gent by the name of Mr. Murthy is based in your city, why not advise him of your constraints & see what ideal solution he can provide for you?