Video projection in School Hall: urgent requirement.

mahaaprasaad

Dear friends,

I am working as a procurement consultant for a group of Residential schools running by Karnataka Government. Around 600 Residential schools spread across the State and giving free education to socially, economically poor students.

These schools do not have proper video projection, TV or Audio systems.

I have been asked to initiate procurement of Large Panel TVs and suitable Speaker and Amplifier for these residential schools.

The requirement is for
1) Viewing Movies and Educational Content available in CD/DVD, USB, Hard disc
2) Presentation /Viewing Educational content from Computer.
3) Connecting to TV/Dish network for viewing educational content/news telecasted from DD1 or other TV channels
5) Addressing the gathering with Mic connection
6) Easy of maintenance and servicing is important

Available infrastructure
Common hall /dining hall size around 30 x 40. But not all schools have same size/area. This is typical school hall with large windows.

What we want to do
To provide 65-70 good quality LCD panel, An amplifier/AVR and Stereo/Surround speakers.
Some how, projector not recommended due to maintenance problem and day light problem through large windows.
Speakers can be wall mounted.

What we cant do:

Since these are common hall or Dining Hall (not dedicated video room) it is not possible to do Acoustic Treatment. Also, closing of windows with curtain for the sake of video projection is also not possible.

Available Budget 2 Lakh per school.

Procurement will be done by tender process as per government process.

I request fellow friends to suggest suitable options for the above. This will be much helpful for the Rural and poor students. I am posting some photographs to give an idea about the hall interiors and what happening at present(from different schools).
school1.jpg

hall0.jpg

hall1.jpg

hall2.jpg

hall3.jpg

hall4.jpg

hall5.jpg

hall6.jpg

hall7.jpg

hall9.jpg

Last edited:
I will suggest a 65"+ LED TV of any major brand with atleast 4 years of warranty, an entry level amplifier with provision of line output for booster amplifier (in case the hall is longer) , small wall hanging (bookshelf) speakers (4 to 8 depending on the size of the hall). Add on other accessories as needed.

If budget permits, and if the hall is of maximum 30-40feet, you can rely on an entry level AVR with good book shelves as well, so that you will not have to worry about connectivity.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back