Video Stories about Music

csricharan

If you're interested in music then stories about the music, its origins, the cultural aspects, the politics, the life stories of the artists are also likely to interest you. There are many beautiful well-crafted documentaries and video stories out there. It might get loud is one that comes to mind. Another is In Search of Blind Joe Death: The Saga of John Fahey which I thought was brilliant at so many levels. For his music, story telling of his life and approach and the sweet-sad direction of his life itself. Yesterday and today I discovered two more, this time on Netflix. One is Rush: Beyond the lighted stage, and the other is Devil at the Crossroads, about Robert Johnson. The first one is nice but the second one is both moving and chilling for all its angles on Mr Johnson and how the Devil became so much a part of his myth. Also I wonder if there are such documentaries about Indian musicians and artists. Stories that are truly well-told.
519ztOu-DwL._SY445_.jpgbtls-cover-s.jpgMV5BMjEzNThiYzctMDMzZi00OTViLWIyZGUtN2Q2NTE0Nzk1ODkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

My fav would be Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii

And if you mean movies based on music etc the Whiplash was the last good one I remember watching. Altho it's been a while I watched that tbh.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back